Gerrard has more points this season - at the same stage - than the last three times we won the league.

Confirms what I thought: in 15/16 (Delia’s last season), Rangers would have been top after 25 games; same again in 18/19, after Rodgers walked away. Level with Celtic in 17/18, but adrift in Rodgers’ peak season 16/27.

Where do you source those stats, btw?

Company I work for provides stats to gambling companies. We've got a DB of the league tables going back years.

That's what it thought, except Mr King said that they would fold like a pack of cards when we win the title, not when we win a match against them.
I never mentioned winning a match. Do you honestly see us as viable contenders in the near future? We're a busted flush. We are nowhere near them. It's painful and I hate to admit it. Yes, we've improved, but lets be honest, that wouldn't have been difficult.

Well I suppose that depends on what metrics you want to use to measure improvement.

If you disregard European results and performances, disregard performance in the cups (so far of course), disregard points gained, goals scored and goals conceded in the league then, sure, no improvement.

Of course if you're willing to disregard all that then I would question your ability to judge whether or not we are improving at all.

Here's a wild and crazy thought. Maybe the way we win the league and build a foundation for future league wins into the next decade is by incremental improvements that will eventually add up to success.

We are improving and we have more potential for improvement. If we can build on this season then I'd fancy us to come out on top next season. If not then we need to keep moving forward. At least we can show we are moving in the right direction.

The all or nothing attitude is Super Scoreboard Openline levels of idiocy.
Great post.

I never mentioned winning a match. Do you honestly see us as viable contenders in the near future? We're a busted flush. We are nowhere near them. It's painful and I hate to admit it. Yes, we've improved, but lets be honest, that wouldn't have been difficult.
How can you claim you bought into them crumbling, but be throwing in the towel when we haven't fulfilled the very specific condition that DK described for their collapse?

Klopp was being doubted two seasons ago. The final step to becoming winners is often the most difficult. Keep the faith.

We will prevail under the gaffer, reckon the Scottish Cup is ours this season.

How can you claim you bought into them crumbling, but be throwing in the towel when we haven't fulfilled the very specific condition that DK described for their collapse?
There were more than DK claiming they'd crumble. Do you think we've crumbled?

Back