Gerrard has no complaints

As much as I agree with the Manager on almost every post match view, you do all know we are allowed to disagree with him on occasions. What we are unhappy about as a fan base is far wider and bigger than Gerrard anyway, we need more power within the corridors of our games corrupt and bigoted corridors

At least no one else has accused him of blobbing.

It’s what I think mate. The writing was on the wall when he got the first yellow. I think SG shoulda hooked him.

Ordinarily Alfie’s handled it all very well this season but I just felt it wasn’t going to end well today.

It is a yellow though so not much he could have said about that particular incident

He should have said something along the lines of "I have no complains about Alfredo's second yellow, he was silly doing that and deserved the yellow. However I would like to see this rule reinforced more consistently as I have seen players get away with it during my time as Rangers manager which may cause confusion as to what's allowed and what isn't"

He can't really say much in defence of Morelos to be honest, it's clearly a yellow card offence and his second.

What he could do though, is compare it to what the Celtic captain was filmed doing to our fans last season and it was dismissed as a big laugh. And as for today, he could question why for 2 deliberate attempts to injure our players (Kamara and Morelos) one of them got a yellow while the other got f*ck all? We're talking studs to the upper shin/knee area.

I'm fed up watching hammer throwers trying to hurt our players and get away with it.

Very, very, disappointing. He needs to take a look in the mirror and start supporting his players against these cheats. If you cant saying something good, don't say anything at all. He shlould be laying into Robinson with both barrels. The man is inexperienced as well as competent. He has only refereed around 9 games and sent off 6 players in that time, giving out 32 cards. Let him ref the lower leasgues for a while until he learns how to control a game with senior pros.

Someone at board level must be responsible for our acquiescence, must have forbidden any complaints.
I just don't see the manager as someone who'd fail his players in this way.
Someone at board level is very wrong.

Screenshot201912151555461576425368.jpg

Spot the difference

Two 19th Century Terrorist bastards and the best player in Scotland - who just happens to be a Rangers player.

Gerrard blobbed I think. I’d have substituted Alfie after the first yellow. I said as much in the match thread. The signs were there that he wasn’t going to last 90 min for one reason or another.
The main reason was that the ref was itching to send him off.

That’s a leap.
Yes he threw him under the bus, i hope Morelos doesnt take the huff because we need him sharp for the rest of the season, i also noticed today when Katic scored he ran to our bench and Gerrard put his hand out but Katic blanked him, in my opinion with good cause.

Yes he threw him under the bus, i hope Morelos doesnt take the huff because we need him sharp for the rest of the season, i also noticed today when Katic scored he ran to our bench and Gerrard put his hand out but Katic blanked him, in my opinion with good cause.
Aye Katic must have signed that new contract because he is so aggrieved and I completely imagined Gerrard complementing how much Alfredo has improved post match. You are trying far to hard!

Something else I don't get from today. There was a wee disturbance as the players were leaving the field of play at half time. Instigated by Donnelly - who was already booked.

The referee does nothing - until the teams are back out on the park for the 2nd half.

I have never ever seen that before.

Why did he speak to Gerrard?
What were Gallagher and Jack booked for?
Why wasn't Donnelly given a 2nd yellow for his part?

Legitimate questions IMO. Especially with Alfie's 2nd yellow.

This is hilarious, you been at the Christmas sherry?

Something else I don't get from today. There was a wee disturbance as the players were leaving the field of play at half time. Instigated by Donnelly - who was already booked.

The referee does nothing - until the teams are back out on the park for the 2nd half.

Ryan Jack himself didn’t seem to know what he’d been booked for , that’s quality refereeing.

Have not read the whole thread that fcker liam with the beard should have been sent off

You’ve answered your own question mate, Donnelly being on a yellow would mean he was off but as you pointed out the guy that starts it gets off scot free.

What cause would that be?
Producing a team who have improved on the previous year?
You reckon Katic holds a grudge?
Did he not recently sign an extended contract?
If not, I’m sure I read of Gerrard singing his praises very recently.
As for Morelos, threw him under the bus?
If anything, it’s Morelos who has jeopardised the team’s and the club’s chances this season.
It’s not just today he might have harmed.
It’s that we now have to play a weakened team against Hibs, and the disciplinary points he’ll have accumulated will almost certainly cause him to miss more games this season.
And all because he wanted to do something daft?
No, he hasn’t been thrown under a bus, he jumped all by himself.

He’s not Alfredo Morelos though is he ?
Yes and we all know that.
This is why it’s Morelos who is to blame.
Not for the fouls that earned him his first booking, but for the stupidity of giving a referee an easy opportunity to cause us harm.

Last edited:
Hibs will try to kick us off the pitch on Friday night, just like our recent games at Aberdeen and Fir Park, and again we'll say nothing.

Defoe was ready to come on.got sent back to sit down after the red

I’m pretty sure at that time he was bringing Defoe on because the game was more or less safe. Nothing to do with protecting Alfie.

Please don’t misunderstand me. I don’t think players should get carded for celebrating goals, even in the fashion Alfie did it. But you have to be practical when you know what is likely to happen.

You sound like a wee gossip who is desperate to create drama when there isn't any. He ran to Culshaw as it was a set-piece routine they worked upon. As for Gerrard throwing Morelos under a bus, get a f*cking grip.

Back