Gerrard hits back at Bowyer

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Not really hitting back personally at him, ishould have read the article before posting:)) sorry for the clickbait title

Good praise for Aribo though

Steven Gerrard rubbishes Lee Bowyer's attack on Rangers and makes brutally honest Joe Aribo admission
Rangers boss hit back at Bowyer's blast that Aribo has made a mistake in moving to Ibrox.

Steven Gerrard has hit back at suggestions Joe Aribo has made a career blunder by signing for Rangers.

inRead invented by Teads
The 23-year-old moved to Ibrox last month after turning down a new contract at Charlton - a move which brassed off Addicks boss Lee Bowyer.

Bowyer launched a stinging attack on the transfer, claiming Rangers is not the right place for Aribo's development and that he would have been better moving to Brentford who also made a late bid for his services.
He blasted: "When people from England go and play for Celtic and Rangers it is at the end of their careers. That’s because it is very rare you get a move from Rangers to the Premier League, and I don’t mean any disrespect by that."

But Gerrard has rubbished those claims and insists Ibrox offers exactly the type of platform to launch Aribo onto another level.
The Rangers manager also admitted Aribo is worth "a hell of a lot more" more than the £300,000 cross-border compensation fee his side had to fork out for the out-of-contract midfielder.

0:001:07
Steven Gerrard - Manager Profile
Gerrard said: "What a place this is for the next stage of Joe's career - this is the perfect place for him.

(Image: SNS Group)
"He's got potential to be a top midfielder. He's got all the attributes and I'm just glad I've got the chance to work with him.
"What a place for him to develop in front of 51,000 on European nights, Old Firm games, tough matches up and down the country."
Bowyer's frustration was no doubt fuelled by the fact Charlton would have stood to land a far bigger compensation package had the player moved to another English side.
Cross-border rules mean Scottish clubs can sign players who have come through academies south of the border for a fraction of what fellow English sides have to fork out.

(Image: EMPICS)
Gerrard said: "I don't think I should put a price tag on a young player like that. But it would be a lot more than we paid for him. Yeah, a hell of a lot more.
"He gives us balance on the left side of midfield. He has the profile we didn't have and he's willing to take the ball in tight spaces.
"He can burst past players, he can outplay them, he's strong and works tirelessly for the team. He'll compete, he's aggressive and makes the right decisions. For someone so young, he ticks a lot of boxes.
"He still has a lot to learn. He's raw and we've got to shape him round the edges and help him tactically and positionally.
"But it's a hell of a coup to have him and I think in the future that will be proven."

Last edited:
Headline is a bit tenuous to say the least. He is right what he’s saying of course but doesn’t mention Lee Bowyer at all. I doubt SG has even thought about a no-mark like him anyway.

Thank goodness for this ruling...
Cross-border rules mean Scottish clubs can sign players who have come through academies south of the border for a fraction of what fellow English sides have to fork out.
No doubt in the future the money men in cash rich English football will find a way to stop this.:mad:

Don’t want to hijack the thread but is it difficult to widen loft hatch , I’d imagine if cutting a hoist new supports will be required ?

It is easy as long as you support the Gers.....ooops, support the Joists. Support the three joist just slightly beyond the point where you are cutting the middle joist to insert a new trimmer. Insert the trimmer joist and then cut back the plasterboard ceiling - in line. If you are widening in the other direction - do the same but support at both ends.
Are you confused?
It would be easier if I came and did it for you.

I read the story earlier and the headline is rubbish. I thought he was saying that Bowyer is talking rubbish or hasn't got a clue etc.

Back