Gerrard interested in some loans from Liverpool

Fifth season under this board and still loading up on loans should be a cause of alarm for all of us.

Unless it’s an exceptional player or someone we plan on signing permanently this is not a healthy avenue for us to explore.

We signed 7 loan players last season and only 1 (Kent) has been up to scratch.

Our transfer policy is a major problem. Of particular concern are the loans and ‘squad players’ used to bulk up the squad. Our academy shouldn’t have to bypass the likes of Flanagan, Polster, Greg Stewart or Coulibaly to be back-up to core players in the starting XI.

Worrying that these conversations are still going when a) it’s clearly not working for us and b) our board appear to have no long term, sustainable strategy in place for success.

We play in Scotland with limited finances, ‘this board’ are doing their best with that.

Celtic have 2.5 times our wage bill yet still ‘load up’ with loans, because despite having a lot more to play with than us they still can’t compete in the transfer market.

Out of interest where do you think the money should come from to satisfy your expectations?

Taiwo awoniyi is one I'd love to see us get scored a few in Belgium this season he'll be even better next season after having a taste of senior football

Last edited:
Gerrard comments in his presser yesterday about king having to back him are possibly a warning to the board

Worrall and Defoe?

Do they come under piss poor or chucked it?
Yeah I don't think Worral has been ''piss poor'' he has had his moments I admit that,but he has a had some very good games too,Defoe has been very good on his goals return he has more goals in less in appearances than Ollie Burke

Kent would be fantastic to get for one more season. I am not a fan of the loan option. We have very rarely had any come good.
Get the Academy boys in the squad. How do we know if they will be good enough if we dont give them a chance. Kelly, Rudden, McPake and the likes of Houston deserve a chance. They are doing realy well for Scotland under 19 as well and planet earth to Scotland. To the rest of the world this age is not a problem chucking these guys in.

Our fans aren’t the most patient mate. As soon as these boys make a mistake in a big game that costs us, many will write them off.
And if we are going to bring them through they will make mistakes as part of their development.

We play in Scotland with limited finances, ‘this board’ are doing their best with that.

Celtic have 2.5 times our wage bill yet still ‘load up’ with loans, because despite having a lot more to play with than us they still can’t compete in the transfer market.

Out of interest where do you think the money should come from to satisfy your expectations?

Agree mate.

If the tims miss the CL, they will 100% have to sell again. Their model isn’t sustainable without CL football, so why copy it ?

We need to focus on good Bosmans in my opinion & create the core that way, with 2 or 3 maximum purchases for decent cash.

Whether we like it or not, we won’t spend 10m net in my opinion.

Fifth season under this board and still loading up on loans should be a cause of alarm for all of us.

Unless it’s an exceptional player or someone we plan on signing permanently this is not a healthy avenue for us to explore.

We signed 7 loan players last season and only 1 (Kent) has been up to scratch.

Our transfer policy is a major problem. Of particular concern are the loans and ‘squad players’ used to bulk up the squad. Our academy shouldn’t have to bypass the likes of Flanagan, Polster, Greg Stewart or Coulibaly to be back-up to core players in the starting XI.

Worrying that these conversations are still going when a) it’s clearly not working for us and b) our board appear to have no long term, sustainable strategy in place for success.
Celtic are going to win the league with 4 loan players in their squad. Benkovic is their best defender

Worrall is the worst thing to have happened to our team this season. Completely destroyed a great pairing when they were on form. If I never see him again it will be too soon
Umar Sadiq says you talk pish.

Nice try though.

You could beg the question about Wirral was he worth a fee for a years loan when we could’ve played someone else and would we have finished the season any worse off ?

Defoe is semi permanent given that it’s an 18 month deal and could be extended to a year extra on top of his Fitness and prowess continues
You're right, we could have played someone other than Worrall and ended up the same.
Or it could have been worse, it could even have been better.
The same is true of every transfer in the history of football, none are guaranteed to work.

Defoe, no matter how you want to describe it, is here on loan.

Agree mate.

If the tims miss the CL, they will 100% have to sell again. Their model isn’t sustainable without CL football, so why copy it ?

We need to focus on good Bosmans in my opinion & create the core that way, with 2 or 3 maximum purchases for decent cash.

Whether we like it or not, we won’t spend 10m net in my opinion.
I agree with all you’ve said there mate,selling Alfie will most likely provide pretty much all our transfer budget I’d guess.Any other smaller fees we get might be added to all other revenue for the running of the club to see us in a healthy financial position hopefully.
Bosmans rather than many loans next season would be my preference tbh.

I agree with all you’ve said there mate,selling Alfie will most likely provide pretty much all our transfer budget I’d guess.Any other smaller fees we get might be added to all other revenue for the running of the club to see us in a healthy financial position hopefully.
Bosmans rather than many loans next season would be my preference tbh.

I agree Cav. Then they’re a Rangers player in their minds, even if there’s no fee.

We did well with McGregor & Arfield as OOC players, so here’s hoping.

Reactions: cav
Yeah I don't think Worral has been ''piss poor'' he has had his moments I admit that,but he has a had some very good games too,Defoe has been very good on his goals return he has more goals in less in appearances than Ollie Burke
Every player in our squad has had their moments.
Worrall just doesn't seem to be excused any of his

Worrall is the worst thing to have happened to our team this season. Completely destroyed a great pairing when they were on form. If I never see him again it will be too soon
I think I have to agree with this. I like big Katic.

I don’t have an issue with the investment. I have an issue with how it’s been used. Our player turnover is ridiculous. I feel we’d be better served by focusing our efforts on quality over quantity and supplementing the squad with younger players.

I’d be very interested in the true cost of Sadiq, Ejaria and Coulibaly.

Back