Gerrard interview after game

‘JJ’ seems to have played his way back into the managers plans. I think we’ll see him on Sunday.

I think we sometimes forget just how close Borna was to getting shipped out-dropped out the entire squad for a game against lower league opposition in the cup.
He berated him whilst on the pitch and cast aspersions on his character and desire off it and for some bizarre reason he’s thrived ever since.

Perhaps he sees a chance to do the same with Jones. It would be a surprise but a welcome one if it works.

‘And what about the fans Steven?’ every single game :))
In fairness that’s probably down to a perception that there’s those amongst the fanbase who need their egos stroked via hearing it direct from StevieG rather than waiting for the “I can’t wait to hear they’re fantastic for the hundredth time this season” with baited breath from the interviewer.

As has been said many times, Jones is an effective weapon to use away from home in Europe, or against any side who go toe to toe with us.

Playing against 10 defenders takes away his main attribute almost entirely.
Agree entirely. Unfortunately those games are sometimes feel few and far between and I always had reservations as to how often we could use him effectively. I’d like to see more of him though.

I think we sometimes forget just how close Borna was to getting shipped out-dropped out the entire squad for a game against lower league opposition in the cup.
He berated him whilst on the pitch and cast aspersions on his character and desire off it and for some bizarre reason he’s thrived ever since.

Perhaps he sees a chance to do the same with Jones. It would be a surprise but a welcome one if it works.

Was there not a game where Borna took a knock and he kept slapping the ground. I and I think everyone else got the impression it was a bad one. I’m sure Gerrard called him out on it during his interview as it transpired to be nothing serious.
He’s done similar with Morelos in recent weeks.

Hopefully JJ will get a chance and put in the performances we know hes capable of.

As has been said many times, Jones is an effective weapon to use away from home in Europe, or against any side who go toe to toe with us.

Playing against 10 defenders takes away his main attribute almost entirely.
But he does have a decent shot on him as well,something we've been shy of in recent games. In fairness I don't think he's been given a proper chance,if he gets his head down who knows. But is the gaffer talking him up,is he in the shop window. Down to the player,but I think if Barker gets a chance,he should as well.

Alfies shot was a perfect example. He didn't score but it still resulted in a goal.
It's a basic football principle - or two, really - shoot on target and always follow the shot for a potential fumble or rebound.

Ally McCoist scored and created countless goals by concentrating on keeping his shots on target.

It's a basic football principle - or two, really - shoot on target and always follow the shot for a potential fumble or rebound.

Ally McCoist scored and created countless goals by concentrating on keeping his shots on target.
He did, but he missed plenty as well :))

The manager was none too shabby at that.

I watched a Gerrard top 20 goals recently on YouTube. Don't think there have been many elite players that were so capable outside the box. Perhaps Pavel Nedved and Wayne Rooney, those two spring to mind.

I watched a Gerrard top 20 goals recently on YouTube. Don't think there have been many elite players that were so capable outside the box. Perhaps Pavel Nedved and Wayne Rooney, those two spring to mind.
Souness and McDermott from previous Liverpool teams

Back