Gerrard makes his feelings known to Ross Wilson about Kamara

Without wishing to curse it, he seems such a natural athlete, so efficient and economical in his movement, that he will also be very durable.

IMO he really shines when he's alongside Davis.

I don't see where Jack fits in at the moment but Gerrard usually has him as one of the first names on the team sheet.

Of course, Kamara & Aribo are fantastic to watch, particularly aribo. His ball control is old school, reminiscent of Paul Gascoigne & Davie Cooper imo

No, I totally agree with you, just trying to make sure I understood you properly.

And I agree on Aribo especially because of the cutting edge he has. I genuinely think he can go straight to a top 8 English team.

No, I totally agree with you, just trying to make sure I understood you properly.

And I agree on Aribo especially because of the cutting edge he has. I genuinely think he can go straight to a top 8 English team.
Hopefully he stays to win 55 & couple more trophies then he has my blessing to leave for the epl (not for less than £20m though) lol

Opinions change like the wind on here on everyone of our players, you don't have to look that far back on threads on just about everyone, I include Kamara, Tav, Jack, Arfield, Aribo Goldson, Borna etc etc saying they weren't good enough and let's be honest if we don't win anything this season again they will be back;)

Compare and contrast this thread to the Livingston one when we dropped points.

And I guarantee the next time we drop points, he’ll get the same again.

Exactly......he's went in the space of a game from a player quite a few fancied but caused debate with others to allegedly a player who is now worth £10/20M every single day of the week....

Compare and contrast this thread to the Livingston one when we dropped points.

And I guarantee the next time we drop points, he’ll get the same again.
Very true mate but I think a lot of the knee jerk reaction to that performance,more than the result was borne out of two years frustration of having seen the same script too many times before.

On the bright side having only dropped points in two very tough away fixtures has all fans rightfully onside.
The players deserve huge credit.

I really think that the club finally have our football strategy right, and they have in Gerrard’s team a group of guys who can carry it out brilliantly in terms of development.

We just need a wee trophy
It's coming mate the board have backed the manager & now we will reap the rewards Imo. I hate the fact that modern managers only get 6 months to prove themselves. Fergie took about 4 years to build his squad at man u & stevie g is the same

It's coming mate the board have backed the manager & now we will reap the rewards Imo. I hate the fact that modern managers only get 6 months to prove themselves. Fergie took about 4 years to build his squad at man u & stevie g is the same

He was a bawhair from the sack. Weren’t they in an FA CUP Final & the word was he was being fired if they lost it ?

I do agree with your general point. To me Gerrard & his guys have developed us so well, despite the lack of a GENUINE SQUAD and now we finally have one.

Exactly......he's went in the space of a game from a player quite a few fancied but caused debate with others to allegedly a player who is now worth £10/20M every single day of the week....
TBH he is worth that.

Said before but there is players in our team who I think are far more important to us and worth more but I honestly feel he is the type of player that could slot in to any team in any league and not look out of place - and I wouldn't say that about another player in our team.

His skillset isn't entirely suited to Rangers, and so he gets it in the neck sometimes if we struggle but he is an utterly fantastic footballer.

TBH he is worth that.

Said before but there is players in our team who I think are far more important to us and worth more but I honestly feel he is the type of player that could slot in to any team in any league and not look out of place - and I wouldn't say that about another player in our team.

His skillset isn't entirely suited to Rangers, and so he gets it in the neck sometimes if we struggle but he is an utterly fantastic footballer.
And Morelos was worth £30M ...typing a big figure on the internet doesn't make it reality.

We've had many players over the years who were talented but not suited to us-I personally don't rate GK near a lot of our better ones. I see a potentially great player who is currently still too inconsistent and prone to pretty slack moments-he's had a few recently we have got away with.

I think and agree he could be something special I don't think he's shown enough consistency yet to attract offers of the £20M level.

I'm sure he's being tracked and monitor as Alfie will be and others but if he were as good as many state and it was a no brainer for teams...he'd be gone already.

I haven’t watched the presser so might well be missing context, however was there any indication in this comment about Wilson that insinuated Gerrard might be getting frustrated by the board/Wilson? He made it clear publicly on plenty occasions in the transfer window he wanted a CM and seems to be distancing himself from the contract situation again there by saying ‘if it was up to me’.

I hope not but just asking if anyone knows.

He was a standout at Dundee. Remember him tying the Lego eater up in knots in one of their games.

I've never seen a player coached in the way Kamara has. There is absolutely no way that he would be this type of player if he stayed at Dundee. It shows you that there must be plenty of players out there not reaching their full potential.

For someone who’s contract has approximately 3 years to run I don’t see the hurry and, frankly, don’t like the manager’s tone on this.

Won’t be a popular opinion but there you go.

For someone who’s contract has approximately 3 years to run I don’t see the hurry and, frankly, don’t like the manager’s tone on this.

Whilst that is true, if a player raises their game and improved quite a bit, it’s only natural he’d expect to be paid more money

The same with most people in their jobs. If they are consistently doing well and their output is improving, they’d be asking for a pay rise / promotion.

I have no idea what Kamara earns but I doubt he’s one of the top earners. For example, if he’s earning say £8k a week when a handful of our top players are earning £25k-30k a week, I don’t see how if a club comes in for him that we can realistically expect £8m plus given that we’re not paying him the wages of a player of that asking price.

Whilst he has several years left on his contract, if we don’t reward his performances then he’ll look to move elsewhere and it’ll only result in conflict with the player / board if they’re unwilling to pay the going rate of a guy we apparently rate at £8m plus

so what no one ever gets a rise? especially if they up their game they deserve it if we dont give him that rise he'll just go to a club that will

Needs to be carefully managed lads. Certainly deserves a rise, but when we dished out rises willy nilly to Alfie over a short period of time, shows it can also be counter productive.

Thats why we employ the DoF and Gaffer. Need to trust them

Whilst that is true, if a player raises their game and improved quite a bit, it’s only natural he’d expect to be paid more money

The same with most people in their jobs. If they are consistently doing well and their output is improving, they’d be asking for a pay rise / promotion.

I have no idea what Kamara earns but I doubt he’s one of the top earners. For example, if he’s earning say £8k a week when a handful of our top players are earning £25k-30k a week, I don’t see how if a club comes in for him that we can realistically expect £8m plus given that we’re not paying him the wages of a player of that asking price.

Whilst he has several years left on his contract, if we don’t reward his performances then he’ll look to move elsewhere and it’ll only result in conflict with the player / board if they’re unwilling to pay the going rate of a guy we apparently rate at £8m plus

I have no objection to Kamara looking for a rise or discussions about it, in fact I’d encourage it. My issue is the public nature of the manager’s comments, any discussions should be kept in house and the first we should here is the announcement of an extension.

As for any suggestion he was ‘asked the question’, he is very good at swerving such things.

He has been a great buy and he is defo getting better every season. I said last year he can up his levels to play at the very top.

I would love him to sign for another year or 2 on his contract.

I haven’t watched the presser so might well be missing context, however was there any indication in this comment about Wilson that insinuated Gerrard might be getting frustrated by the board/Wilson? He made it clear publicly on plenty occasions in the transfer window he wanted a CM and seems to be distancing himself from the contract situation again there by saying ‘if it was up to me’.

I hope not but just asking if anyone knows.
I seriously doubt this is the case. And if Gerrard is getting frustrated with Ross Wilson, then it wouldn't say much for Gerrard. He got just about everything he asked for this window in the midst of a pandemic.

Gerrard will go at some point, but the hope is Wilson will be here for a long time. He's a fantastic squad builder and, along with Gerrard, Beale, Culshaw and Scoulding, is one of the major competitive edges we have over Celtic.

I seriously doubt this is the case. And if Gerrard is getting frustrated with Ross Wilson, then it wouldn't say much for Gerrard. He got just about everything he asked for this window in the midst of a pandemic.

Gerrard will go at some point, but the hope is Wilson will be here for a long time. He's a fantastic squad builder and, along with Gerrard, Beale, Culshaw and Scoulding, is one of the major competitive edges we have over Celtic.
I don’t disagree and my post wasn’t meant to be a dig at Wilson in any way, if that’s how it came across.

Was just wondering about whether there was any strain on their relationship as I’d seen Gerrard male comment distancing himself from the work Wilson and the board are doing a few times.

I would be surprised if the new contract is not almost agreed, Gerrard usually only calls Wilson out on things he knows will be delivered

Your words.
We paid 50k.
If he was free why did you say (quote) we paid 50k
And what did we pay 50k for?
When WE HAD ALREADY SIGNED HIIM ON A FREE TRANSFER on a four year deal?
Without the pre contract in place, we wouldn't have been able to do the other deal, which was for the 6 months early release and that ONLY.

But look. We'll agree to disagree. We can both technically be right.

We paid 50k for 6 months. So, if you want to take things slightly out of context then you can claim we signed him on a four and a half year deal for a combined 50k. Or 45 or whatever it was. And I guess it's this simplified account that will go in the record books anyway.

He deserves a new contract (and no, not just because of his performance on saturday), he has been fantastic for us.

A wee side note is that wages paid generally reflect transfer value (in the eyes of the player/agent). You couldn't really request 15 to 20m for a player while paying him a relatively low wage as the agent then starts asking questions.

He has really added the extra drive forward to his game this season, in the past he would occasionally do it, but it is now a tool he uses a lot.

A fantastically talented player.

Back