Gerrard makes his feelings known to Ross Wilson about Kamara

I'd argue that due to the fact they are in their late 20s it's probably better to just get both Tav and Goldson tied down for their prime years as they wouldn't have much resale value that consistency in the team is vital for new players settling in and learning our game quickly
Tbh I was for selling them in the summer such was my disgust at our capitulation after Xmas,but they've shown just how good they are this season so far and like you say
-we're unlikely to get any sort of bid worth even considering given their age and the positions they play.

We cannot let those contracts run down though,that would be unacceptable.

Being honest(and I'm not suggesting we sell our best players en masse), getting top dollar for the likes of Kamara next season might prevent us having to sell any other player for a whole season- and give us enough funds to upgrade the team in the process while becoming self sustaining.

Either that, or win the CL, we'll get 100M odds for that, won't have to sell anyone, maybe Brandon :))

Get him tied up. We’re in such a good place right now, credit to Gerrard and the team! Aribo, Hagi, Morelos, Kamara, Kent, Katic, Edmundson, Patterson, Itten etc.... when the time comes all well over £10m potential! In the meantime get the title won!

Me and my brother and friend went to see the 4 - 0 game at Ibrox where he was playing for Dundee.

My mate who doesn't really care much about football pointed him out as a good player, the game would've finished 8-0 without him on the park that day.

He's one of them that plays better against the filth too.

It was widely speculated on here we may have had to sell him to balance the books with signings we were making and not selling Morelos. Consensus seemed to be he was the easiest to replace, and to be honest I seen the logic in it at the time, if the figures being banded about were accurate.

The boy is some player, his value is going to sky rocket and now I want him going nowhere.

No not wages.
I was putting into perspective how little we paid for him.
Perspective?
In reality we got him on a free. But we just paid 50k to buy out the last few months of his contract to get him in earlier.

That's why all this 50k for Kamara stuff is chronic.

Context is everything.

I’ll say this tentatively because there’s still one or two rough edges about him but, if he keeps developing the way he’s been doing, the over used FF term ‘Rolls Royce’ was made for this guy.

We’ve really won a watch with Glen Kamara.

I was never his greatest fan. Didn't doubt his ability, just felt he wasn't aggressive enough in possession, always looking to pass rather than run forward with the ball. Last few games he seems to be more assertive.
I can't see him being on any more than £5/6k a week, so certainly room for improving his wage.

Get him tied up. We’re in such a good place right now, credit to Gerrard and the team! Aribo, Hagi, Morelos, Kamara, Kent, Katic, Edmundson, Patterson, Itten etc.... when the time comes all well over £10m potential! In the meantime get the title won!
Likely be £100m in total in the accounts. Rightly so.

He's been exceptional at times but it's not been a clear road for the player but it's a massive step up to Rangers.

Sustains his current form then there's no argument but without a level of consistency from him-his value will remain up for debate.

Still at 50K we are hardly going to lose in the situation and in that context he's been an amazing signing-in pure hard footballing analysis terms he still has a bit to go to prove he's fully made the transition.

So we paid 50k???
Yes. To buy out a few months of his contract.

A player we had already agreed to sign on a free contract.

Is there something you can't comprehend about that?
I'm probably wrong here but I assumed when you signed a player you were buying out his contract.
Now whether that's 5 years or 5 mins I guess that
what adjust the fee.

Now as for the comprehend part... Yes there is.
Why you being such a tit over a slightly tongue in cheek post.???

Did Neil McCann not make Rangers aware of how good Kamara was?
If true, it shows the value of having ex-players involved in coaching/management, between McCann and JJ they’ve highlighted 2 players that cost us just over 1M and will likely get us upwards of 30M.

We should help as many ex-players into coaching/management roles as possible.

Me and my brother and friend went to see the 4 - 0 game at Ibrox where he was playing for Dundee.

My mate who doesn't really care much about football pointed him out as a good player, the game would've finished 8-0 without him on the park that day.

He's one of them that plays better against the filth too.
Yep, that’s when I realised he was a cracking player. He was excellent that day even though his team got thumped.

I'm probably wrong here but I assumed when you signed a player you were buying out his contract.
Now whether that's 5 years or 5 mins I guess that
what adjust the fee.

Now as for the comprehend part... Yes there is.
Why you being such a tit over a slightly tongue in cheek post.???
"Rangers are today delighted to confirm that the club has signed pre-contract agreements with Glen Kamara and Jordan Jones," the club said in a statement.
"Both players will join the club in the summer when their contracts with their existing clubs expire, with both players signing four-year contracts.

We signed him on a free. 50k was agreed later to get him a bit early.

But it's clear some want to pretend otherwise for whatever reasons.

I'll no longer be a tit with inconvenient truths and leave you to your perspective. Which is your prerogative. Enjoy.

"Rangers are today delighted to confirm that the club has signed pre-contract agreements with Glen Kamara and Jordan Jones," the club said in a statement.
"Both players will join the club in the summer when their contracts with their existing clubs expire, with both players signing four-year contracts.

We signed him on a free. 50k was agreed later to get him a bit early.

But it's clear some want to pretend otherwise for whatever reasons.

I'll no longer be a tit with inconvenient truths and leave you to your perspective. Which is your prerogative. Enjoy.
So we paid 50k..

I think Morelos, Kamara and Barisic will all probably leave next summer. Actually think there is still a decent chance Barisic will stay though

If we look from the club point of view I’d say Morelos & Barisic would be good sales next pre season.

There could be more growth in Kamara NDC ?

One thing I’d work on with Morelos, as well as the mindset of course, is those soft finishes like the one he did in Gibraltar. He doesn’t finish like that enough.

Reactions: cav
He's been exceptional at times but it's not been a clear road for the player but it's a massive step up to Rangers.

Sustains his current form then there's no argument but without a level of consistency from him-his value will remain up for debate.

Still at 50K we are hardly going to lose in the situation and in that context he's been an amazing signing-in pure hard footballing analysis terms he still has a bit to go to prove he's fully made the transition.
Even you know you're talking nonsense; the boy looks a £10-20m player every day of the week.

If we look from the club point of view I’d say Morelos & Barisic would be good sales next pre season.

There could be more growth in Kamara NDC ?

One thing I’d work on with Morelos, as well as the mindset of course, is those soft finishes like the one he did in Gibraltar. He doesn’t finish like that enough.
You make a good point in there being more growth in Kamara, we could potentially be playing CL football next season and I’m confident he wouldn‘t look out of place. I do fear it may be a case of him playing really well at the Euros and us getting an offer that we simply can’t refuse.

This is the benefit of having Stevie G as our manager ...It is no coincidence Kamara has developed into the player he is and will be . Sometimes we forget these things and should be thankful of his presence.I have no doubt be will put us back on top where we belong with the team he is building , and Glen Kamara will be a major contributor ......God bless The Rangers .....WATP ...No Surrender

If true, it shows the value of having ex-players involved in coaching/management, between McCann and JJ they’ve highlighted 2 players that cost us just over 1M and will likely get us upwards of 30M.

We should help as many ex-players into coaching/management roles as possible.
It is something Ajax have done. Breeds a winning culture throughout the club and lets the youths know what is expected. They do have to be good coaches though, something McCann clearly is.

Back