Gerrard must feel stabbed in the back

Terrible performance and result, but I think we will come back stronger from it. Having Alfie back on Wednesday is massive for us.

Ojo shouldn’t have been on the bench, it was crying out for Stewart to come on and do some donkey work to lay it on a plate for Defoe.
Totally agree, Stewart can score and he's direct . Also was it in the Kent deal that he gets to play wherever he wants,yes he's chippin in with goals but he's not as potent as he was when on loan..

Maybe he’ll just think we’ve came back from the break off form and will look to sort it as he isn’t a complete lunatic like folk on here?
It is not he lack of form that annoys me. It is the lack of effort/desire/pride. The warning signs were there after the first 2 games after the break but we just served up more of the same today. Second best everywhere - that was not down to form

Didnt like SG's assessments of recent games. Dubai - fringe players not good enough. Stranraer - bored to tears.
Today - 8 players didnt turn up.
It’s worrying when our manager says these things and I was really surprised when he said he was bored no manager should be saying that no matter what teamb

Jones wouldn't and shouldn't have started ahead of either Kent or Aribo, and in the most recent evidence, Ojo has been better than him.

Also, after Stranraer we were told by everyone defending Jones that he needs space to run into. That's very different to what you're suggesting.
No you have picked me up wrong, I didn’t suggest Stewart (or Jones) should have been in before Kent or Aribo, I am suggesting Jones should have been on before Ojo. My original post related to the substitutions.

Ojo is absolute dross and is of no use to Rangers.

No you have picked me up wrong, I didn’t suggest Stewart (or Jones) should have been in before Kent or Aribo, I am suggesting Jones should have been on before Ojo. My original post related to the substitutions.

Ojo is absolute dross and is of no use to Rangers.
Apologies for the crossed wires there.

By some of these charlatans today a totally unacceptable performance which cannot continue, but the real question is... who else saw this result coming ? Well I did I warned on another post the St. Mirren game was nowhere near good enough just like the Stranraer game, so the warning signs were there, players not at it, attitude problem, whatever it is, they have let the management team and the supporters down
When I heard SG talking about clearing the air, it raised a flag. What has been simmering, if anything, that would cause him to say that?
What I’ve been seeing on the field is apprehension bordering on fear, causing hesitation, dithering, mistakes and poor decisions.
Are the players frightened to make a mistake, again causing the above?
We seem to have lost the confidence and resilience we had been showing.
Whatever it is, it’s a toxic mix and today was just a culmination.
Something has changed since the 29th Dec., it’s gone through the squad, where any setback or difficulty is now causing a collective arse collapse.
It‘s like today was a surprise, oh they’re not sitting in, oh they’re pressing us, what’ll we do?
One thing I’m certain of, there was no leader on that pitch today. Shagger, Davis, Defoe all experienced campaigners and to a lesser extent Jack, not one of them stepped up and got to grips with the team.
There was no motivator or motivation on show, just hot potato football and long ball hoofing to a small guy.

Cork back in the Glenlivet, off to bed before I get a holiday.

I feel more disappointed that Gerrard saw that same abject performances against Stranraer and St Mirren and thought the same set-up would suffice again today.
That’s it for me last two games were abysmal & zero change in approach attitude or tactics. That said we had at least 4 clear cut chances to score but overall miles away from competing against the team at the bottom of the league

Ojo shouldn’t have been on the bench, it was crying out for Stewart to come on and do some donkey work to lay it on a plate for Defoe.
I'm amazed that it has taken 15 posts before Stewart's name was mentioned. I can't understand why he wasn't on the bench today.

In my boozer bears were saying hearts fans must feel cheated when their team can play against us like that but might most likely go on and get beat in their next three games.

For me I’m kind of turning that on it’s head and thinking how can that rangers team not play like their lives depended on it like we did against the scum.

hearts wanted it more. Tav and Alfie absences aside we looked unwilling to go the extra yard to get the result.

I hate to say I knew it was coming but I never bet against my team.

By some of these charlatans today a totally unacceptable performance which cannot continue, but the real question is... who else saw this result coming ? Well I did I warned on another post the St. Mirren game was nowhere near good enough just like the Stranraer game, so the warning signs were there, players not at it, attitude problem, whatever it is, they have let the management team and the supporters down

My son as well posted a post about Sunday’s game being a Trip, being shouted down. Can us fans not see that we’ve got plenty of mid fielders/defenders, yet slack of forwards. However my Mantra is Shooting, and I’ve ranted at this to McLeish, and Walter, with answers, “we try to teach them, but they don’t shoot” Thank God in the past we had Jorg Albertz, Ian Ferguson Etc, as we most certainly do not have those skills, that our present manager most certainly did have! I have said this many times, how SG cannot see this, I just cannot understand.

Stabbed in the back?

Our system is tailored heavily towards the full backs. We create space for them with two forwards who come inside and let the full backs attack high up the pitch and being our width to stretch the game.

Why then do you play the worst option out of our other 3 right backs? One who can’t pass, can’t run, can’t attack, can’t cross, can’t carry the ball. Can’t do anything he is supposed to do in our system.

It wasn’t the sole issue, but it was a big one and Gerrard was at fault for it.

Yeah agree with this, the decision to play Flanagan was a disaster that most sensible posters on here predicted.

My son as well posted a post about Sunday’s game being a Trip, being shouted down. Can us fans not see that we’ve got plenty of mid fielders/defenders, yet slack of forwards. However my Mantra is Shooting, and I’ve ranted at this to McLeish, and Walter, with answers, “we try to teach them, but they don’t shoot” Thank God in the past we had Jorg Albertz, Ian Ferguson Etc, as we most certainly do not have those skills, that our present manager most certainly did have! I have said this many times, how SG cannot see this, I just cannot understand.
totally agree with you

Ojo coming on when you need a goal has got to be the definition of desperation. He offers nothing as far as I can see.

Yeah agree with this, the decision to play Flanagan was a disaster that most sensible posters on here predicted.

In what sense was it a "disaster"? He was off the field when the goals occurred. Hearts attacked down our right in the 2nd half with several chances originating in this area.

I'm not saying Flanagan was particularly good. But Polster didn't look much better.

If that lad Patterson had played today and had a poor game, he would have been ripped apart on here. Not saying you have to keep them wrapped in cotton wool, but some of the criticism is so over the top it wouldn't have done him any favours.

We as a support really need to calm down. It's not going to be easy taking the title off them. I'm worried that we get into a frenzy and start calling for changes that will undo the good work that's been done the last couple of years.

These "charlatans" have done well this season. Teams lose football games. Players perform poorly. Unfortunately some can't accept this. It was the same after the last Tynecastle match.
And it was the same when we came back from the last winter break. Something is obviously not working. And doing well isn't good enough. This is Rangers not Aberdeen.

And it was the same when we came back from the last winter break. Something is obviously not working. And doing well isn't good enough. This is Rangers not Aberdeen.

No one is suggesting we're Aberdeen - we're 16pts ahead of them having played 2 games less. What's their relevance?

We don't have the squad quality. That's the reality. With a full first XI, we can compete with everyone, as we've seen domestically and in Europe this season. Once we have mainstays absent, however, the quality drops considerably.

We've significantly improved this season. I doubt it will be enough for the title, though. It'll be close but we still performances like today in us.

The manager and his backroom staff have learned nothing from the last game at Tynecastle we were out muscled then too and poor tactics and team selections yet again. We were totally woeful last night especially the first half the manager has to motivate his players they were a lack of that last night.

he wont feel stabbed in the back
its his team his players
i hope he gets them told though
last chance saloon for some
we are all disappointed, and that performance was atrocious
but SG knows whats needed

You can’t play Gerrard when players don’t turn up. He can tell them and show them . However, if they don’t go out and execute his plan it’s not his fault.
You can when the players he has picked do not have the attributes to play the system he has set out ,formation is geared up to attacking full backs and a strong centre forward who can bully and move the defence about to create space ,neither defoe or Flanagan can play this system ,was glaringly obvious in the stranraer and st mirren games ,at least in stranraer game young Patterson had the energy to play that role with some cracking balls into the box

I'm more worried about next season than the rest of this one to be honest. We are clearly a one man team and assuming Morelos leaves in the summer, I just dont see how he can be replaced.
Agree. We need to change our style to suit the players we have, not try to adapt a certain style that some players aren’t comfortable with, like playing Defo up front on his own .

Ojo is almost always brought on. I haven't a clue why though. Never offers anything. Waste of a space on the bench at the moment.
Agreed, thats where that are stronger they have players who can come off the bench to effect a game we dont. And listen this isnt something new most have been saying it for months

SG and Gary Mac are lucky I think.....still the honeymoon period and utterly fireproof.

Yesterday at game and on here it is 95/5 split for "The players are letting down the visionary genius manager!".

We shall see.

I thought we were going to struggle as knew hearts would be up for it same as our first game at tynecastle this season. Seemed like the players thought it would be a stroll in the park with hearts being on a poor run

SG and Gary Mac are lucky I think.....still the honeymoon period and utterly fireproof.

Yesterday at game and on here it is 95/5 split for "The players are letting down the visionary genius manager!".

We shall see.

We await your embarrassingly self indulgent 18 paragraph thread on it with bated breath.

if you take the two best players out of any team there will be a massive difference, thankfully Morelos back Wednesday & hopefully Tav back in a week or so.

Just an observation. No-one ever blames the manager. Always the "shite" players. It is nice that he is so popular.

Well, people like yourself are absolutely itching for the support to turn on the manager. Gives you scope to bore us to f*cking tears on here with the same sh*t day in and day out.

Could it just be that the players collectively had a sh*t game? It happens during a season you know.

Back