Gerrard must think he’s on a different planet

Aly McCoist 100% knows the truth, I hope when the time comes he unleashes on them all. Lawwell, McKenzie, Doncaster , Regan, and all the other r soles that forced the 5 way agreement on us.
Make no mistake, this will be a World news story of a team who wouldn't die, and I hope super tells the real truth about what we as a club were subjected to.

Been thinking that myself. When he eventually leaves he will without doubt shed some light on some of the shite we are up against
Yes, I am sure when he eventually leaves he will want to say (but may be diplomatic and say nothing) that he LOVES Rangers but that Scottish Football (rampant corruption and general shite) pissed him off immensely.
And wee Alfie will be right behind him echoing that opinion!

To hear Ally say 'six weeks' has driven my excitement levels to a new high. I've not really put a time on it myself but I'm going to take his word for it and keep it in mind.

He'll have an idea but the wave will hit him! The likes of Roofe and Itten who have never felt Ibrox rock under the floodlights will be shaking when they see hundreds of thousands all bouncing to catch a glimpse of them parade that trophy. (Restrictions permitted disclaimer blah blah blah)

Me neither . If he gets us over the line , he will forever be a hero to us . Enjoy him while we can as he’s obviously had time to have a look under the bonnet of Scottish football , and sadly he will most probably be thinking to himself despite knowing he’s at a massive club , he will be getting the Fck out of dodge the first good job offer he gets down south . And this will always be a harsh reality while we are stuck in this utterly dreadful , draconian amateur corrupt set up of Scottish football . We may get one more season with him if we clinch 55 so he can get a crack at the champions league . After that I think we will be in a good place but he will be off to a decent league .
not so sure about that, think only the liverpool job will take him away and no one could deny him that chance but where else would he go .manchester x 2 ...nope.... big 3 in london ,would nt think so.
toffees maybe :pna forget that too .
I think only one of the big foreign clubs could tempt him outside of the Pool hotseat

Be interested to hear if he thinks winning his first title as a manager,eclipses his one man istanbul champions league night.
Don’t think anything could come close to surpassing Istanbul for the gaffer and that’s absolutely fine, 55 will be with him till he leaves this earth, 55 is going to be like nothing ever before for us, 55 is colossal, 55 thee best ever in our illustrious history, I’m in tears of joy typing this ffs. :)

not so sure about that, think only the liverpool job will take him away and no one could deny him that chance but where else would he go .manchester x 2 ...nope.... big 3 in london ,would nt think so.
I think only one of the big foreign clubs could tempt him outside of the Pool hotseat
I came on to post much the same thing. Liverpool is a no-brainer, and no true Rangers fan would begrudge him that. Me? Liverpool would become my second club.

But other than Liverpool? I doubt he'd take anything else in the UK.

X2

I really cant see him going anywhere else than Liverpool. He will stay until Klopp moves on, I find it hard to beleive that Liverpool wouldnt move to make him their manager at that point, especially since he has grown so much as a manager in the last few years.

We got lucky with Gerrard and Gerrard got lucky with us, it's turned into a fruitful relationship. our stock in europe is slowy rising, as is Gerrard's reputation as a manager.
But the point everyone seems to have missed is that we let Gerrard rebuild us from scratch, both as a team but more importantly as a club,and he slowy rebuilt us into his own image, and we can see the essence of Gerrard throughout our club, he's basically laid down the foundations for us as a club going forward. His impact on our club will be similar to Cruyff's at Barca, that's the highest compliment I can pay the gaffer.

Last edited:
If we win the league this year, Gerrard is going to be surprised at the celebrations. After all we've been through, this league title will be special , and although he will understand what it means to the fans, I don't think he will have seen anything like it before, even though he's tasted success.

We got lucky with Gerrard and Gerrard got lucky with us, it's turned into a fruitful relationship. our stock in europe is slowy rising, as is Gerrard's reputation as a manager.
But the point everyone seems to have missed is that we let Gerrard rebuild us from scratch, both as a team but more importantly as a club,and he slowy rebuilt us into his own image, and we can see the essence of Gerrard throughout our club, he's basically laid down the foundations for us as a club going forward. His impact on our club with be similar to Cruyff's at Barca, that's the highest compliment I can pay the gaffer.
What a great post, eloquently written.

It's coming home,Timothy.

The League Flag's coming home.

x7YX5E1.gif
Love it

If there are still restrictions on re gatherings etc., I would love to see fireworks all over the city and the towns and villages throughout Scotland. Could be some sight.

In terms of numbers, noise, display, disruption, blue seas, I think he can imagine. However, I don't think even Walter will be able to envisage the
emotional release (no disrespect) - there's no precedent.

Even the covid immunisation schedule/plans are getting in tune with
"the road to 55" calendar!

I’ll take boring 1-0 wins to get it over the line. I’m not fussy, I just want to get it done. It may get done sooner than we think if that mob continue to implode, even with more draws for them it’s continued imploding.

If we win the league this year, Gerrard is going to be surprised at the celebrations. After all we've been through, this league title will be special , and although he will understand what it means to the fans, I don't think he will have seen anything like it before, even though he's tasted success.
I don't think Scotland will have seen anything like what these celebrations will be, Glasgow may not be big enough B-)B-D

Me neither . If he gets us over the line , he will forever be a hero to us . Enjoy him while we can as he’s obviously had time to have a look under the bonnet of Scottish football , and sadly he will most probably be thinking to himself despite knowing he’s at a massive club , he will be getting the Fck out of dodge the first good job offer he gets down south . And this will always be a harsh reality while we are stuck in this utterly dreadful , draconian amateur corrupt set up of Scottish football . We may get one more season with him if we clinch 55 so he can get a crack at the champions league . After that I think we will be in a good place but he will be off to a decent league .
Time will tell (and only he will know what his long term plans are). I like to imagine, we have become a very special club to him. He's not in it for the money, he's in it for the love of the game and to prove himself domestically and in European football. The draw of Champions league football with us is an attractive proposition but in reality, our chances of actually winning a European cup nowadays are slim. If and when he goes, it will be to a team with the financial clout capable of doing so.

Don’t think anything could come close to surpassing Istanbul for the gaffer and that’s absolutely fine, 55 will be with him till he leaves this earth, 55 is going to be like nothing ever before for us, 55 is colossal, 55 thee best ever in our illustrious history, I’m in tears of joy typing this ffs. :)
Just gutting that he and the bears wont be together in the stadium blowing the roof off.

Bit the same myself, cautious approach.
Even though we are 1/50 on Skybet and 'They' are 16/1.... Surely the bookies can't get it that wrong?
That’s because bookies know the compliant SFA and SPFL will try to call the league and tell the world, Celtic will win games in hand beat rangers twice and and will loose four other games or whatever it takes to get liewells bitches over the line ! Maybe throw in a rousing speech and missing dundee email to make sure Celtic win the league ! Com’on we all
Know how it works.

We win it on the pitch and they continue to fck up there’s nowt dungcaster etc can do about it!

Pish... So if we win 55 and man United or Chelsea come calling for Gerrard he's away? There is only 1 team in the Premier league Gerrard will manage and my dug even knows that. He also said a few weeks ago in an interview that managing is so tough and rangers might be he last only managerial job

Pish... So if we win 55 and man United or Chelsea come calling for Gerrard he's away? There is only 1 team in the Premier league Gerrard will manage and my dug even knows that. He also said a few weeks ago in an interview that managing is so tough and Rangers might be he last only managerial job
“ Pish”?

Most level headed bears I know realise if gerrard delivers 55 we have perhaps one more season after that where he will fancy a crack at the CL qualifiers . You are delusional if you think he won’t be desperate to get back to the sanity of a proper league down south. And it would be frankly unreasonable for us to expect him to stay any longer in the tinpot set up shitshow we have up here . He gets 55 he leaves a legend no matter what . But I’m sure he has seen enough of the Scottish game already to last a lifetime and who could blame him ?

Back