Gerrard nominated for EPL manager of the month.

IMO, he’s done well with Villa, I hope he continues to do so. I have no ill feeling. I know, when he’s old and retrospective in life he’ll ask himself the question “why did I ever leave Rangers?”:))
He won’t need to be old to get to ask himself that question if we win the league.

Both he and Goldson will be sitting there think “what the %^*& have we missed out on” when they see our players line up on a Tuesday night with the Champions League anthem blaring.

Gerrard is a superb manager and you don't do what he done for us if you aren't top class. The rebuilding job he done was simply remarkable and a job most experienced managers would and did shy away from.

He's still learning but it's no surprise he's doing well in England and will get the Liverpool job and likely do well there also.

Still a wank for leaving the way he did, though.

Whilst the timing was poor, when would an opportunity like that come up at the right time? I thank him for helping to restore our pride but in Gio we now have an experienced manager with a managerial reputation. Gerrard needs this Villa gig to work or his dream is in tatters.

Whilst the timing was poor, when would an opportunity like that come up at the right time? I thank him for helping to restore our pride but in Gio we now have an experienced manager with a managerial reputation. Gerrard needs this Villa gig to work or his dream is in tatters.
For whatever reason Gerrard gave up in the summer that’s when he should have left .

That said time to move on and we’re in a better place with Gio at the helm than we we’re a month ago .

Deserves the nomination, won't win it.

Did well for us. Move on with no hard feelings.

Let's Gio

Gerrard will manage England and Liverpool one day! Just thought I'd tell the truth.
I’m not so sure he will unless he learns an awful lot in the next couple of years . Seems too stubborn for me and has an inability to change games .
Thankful for what he done for us and his we needed him nobody else that was linked could have improved our squad half as much . But still think he’s a hell of a lot to prove before getting the Liverpool job at least . Their forums not so keen until he really proves himself which unless he works miracles ain’t going to be at villa .

I’d argue that any Manager is entitled to go whenever he likes, subject to appropriate compensation. End of the day clubs aren’t slow to pull the plug on the Manager when things aren’t going well. Has to work both ways. There’s no sentiment in sport. Gerrard, it may turn out, might even have done us an inadvertent favour. We don’t know yet. Yes, however, timing wasn’t great and it was handled poorly.

Goldson isn’t up to last seasons standard, for sure, but is anybody in our team? I don’t believe for a minute he isn’t trying or has his mind elsewhere.

Gerrard is the one who brought sentiment into it when he said he was attached the club and was hungry for more. He didn't have to say that.
Handled it poorly is an understatement, vanished without a trace and didn't even give our captain a heads up. He did us well but there's no doubt his time here was entirely self serving.

Not a bitter bone in my body about him leaving, the way it happened or how quickly things happened for the simple reason I 100% think things were not right behind the scenes... but his start for Villa deserves a nomination

He won’t need to be old to get to ask himself that question if we win the league.

Both he and Goldson will be sitting there think “what the %^*& have we missed out on” when they see our players line up on a Tuesday night with the Champions League anthem blaring.
Folk do go on about the Champions League pull. Playing in the CL can certainly have an impact on a players career, high profile matches etc. However, being realistic, at the present time Rangers will probably get 6 matches in the CL and out. 2 against a team we’d hope to compete with and another 4 against the so-called ‘big boys’. Sure, that’s a challenge for a Manager as well - but so is 2 games a season against Chelsea, 2 against Liverpool, 2 against City and so on. Every season, unless relegated. The attraction of the CL, at Rangers current level, isn’t so great when set against that.

Good luck to him.

As the weeks go on, I care less and less what he does.

I understand why People want to see him fail/succeed but I just don't really care.

I was watching some of the games yesterday from last season and the difference in the movement and intensity from this season was very noticeable, Gerrard leaving was staring us right in the face unfortunately.. it’s disappointing how it all ended was the problem.

My opinion has changed on Gerrard these past few weeks as I think we have won a watch with Gio.

Good luck to Gerrard he brought the standards back at us and won 55.

Rightly so.

Never allow someone to %^*& you over and just forgive and forget.

Appreciate what they gave you but never just forgive.

Kenny Miller is a lady's front bottom anol :D
Kenny ;) was a great servant. His goal at Palmerston was the game that won us the league. You'll not remember as you were to busy tanning MD20/20 during the game. :D

I have to say i am really chilled now that he has left and the anger i had is gone, i just hope we don't have weekly threads about his every move.

To be fair, when he wasn’t being nominated for the monthly awards up here there were folk predicting that he would be if/when he was in England.

We need to drop the scorned lover act.. we have a new manager, potentially a better manager.. let’s get in with supporting our team.

Gerrard did well for us, we did well for him.

My opinion has changed on Gerrard these past few weeks as I think we have won a watch with Gio.

Good luck to Gerrard he brought the standards back at us and won 55.

Gio is here because of the job Gerrard and co did, and Gerrard is back in the EPL because we gave him his break in management.

Everyone’s a winner, even if the timing wasn’t ideal.

Last edited:
For all those that think he's a bad manager when do you think we'll have a manager that'll beat or equal his 102 points total in a season.

Ah good luck to him. Now the dust has settled I think it was the right time for all parties to move on to the next chapter. Will always be a shame how it happened but can’t change things now.

I’m delighted with the Gio appointment who brings more experience and fresh ideas.

Here's a slant on things, if he does well he is recognised as a fine manager, fails then he is open to the usual biais of the english media that he could only do it in a 2 horse race. Does that reflect well on us and 55 ?

We've moved on, it's a new chapter.
WGAF.

Back