Gerrard on improving the team and Joe Aribo vs Livi

The Goalie

Gerrard, though, faced an altogether more daunting restoration project but has now finally secured the club’s 55th title.

And there is little chance of complacency creeping in this summer.

“I’m sure after Saturday we’ll have some time to reflect and analyse,” he said. “It’s been a magical season from my point of view. I’m really proud of the players and what they’ve given.

“But it never stops. Recruitment meetings have been going on now for some time.
“We’ve already put pieces in place like Jack Simpson and Scott Wright. We’ve managed to get them in early so they’re ready for pre-season.

“We’ve got Nnamdi Ofoborh and Fashion Sakala coming in to join us, so we’re well on our way in terms of trying to strengthen from a position of strength.

“For me, it’s always about fixing the roof when the sun is shining rather than waiting for problems. There will be more still to be added and, come the end of June, when we get back together again, we’ll be full of energy and ready to go again.”

Gers leapt Wednesday’s penultimate hurdle on the chase for an undefeated season with ease as they won 3-0 at Livingston.

Gerrard faced a left-back crisis with Borna Barisic injured and Calvin Bassey banned but midfield playmaker Joe Aribo filled the slot with aplomb.

“I thought he was faultless,” said Gerrard. “We asked him to be solid, to win headers and tackles, to compete and get forward. Good players can’t play anywhere all over the pitch – only top players can do that and Joe Aribo can play anywhere.

“All you need to say to him is: ‘I need a favour from you, I need a turn’ and he gave me that in abundance. He doesn’t have an ego but he was outstanding – he can do anything on a football pitch. He’s top.

“There is one more challenge left for the team to do but the signs leading into this game is that they are ready for Aberdeen.”

We’ll appreciate Joe Aribo when he’s moved on to a higher level. That’s no reflection on us merely a reflection on how good he’ll be. The boy’s ability has no limits
*To the tune of 'No Limit' by 2Unlimited*

Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe, Joe has no limit!

That should really be his song on the Ibrox playlist.
Music to my ears.

No hubris at our great club.

Easy to take Gerrard for granted amid all the fun and celebrations but lets remember this guy was one of the greatest footballers in the modern game. Captained his country and club to the highest levels of football and throughout it all remained humble and respectful.

It is incredible hes our manager but as long as he is we are only going to get better and better, year on year.

Back