Gerrard on Kent and Morelos

What do you think is wrong then?
I worry that the red cards have done us out of some big money this window their is no guarentee he will hit the numbers he did last season especially with Defoe here for the full season aswell

I worry that the red cards have done us out of some big money this window their is no guarentee he will hit the numbers he did last season especially with Defoe here for the full season aswell

Alfie will always score goals in this league but if he keeps picking up daft red cards we wont get any bids remotely close to his true worth.

Up to him now to learn from last season and push on even further if he wants that big move. Win/win for us if he does that.

It's bad if we can't get Interest in a 30 goal striker with so much potential somethings not right

When’s the last time you read he was a 30 goal a season striker who doesn’t take penalties and was suspended for at least 6 games last season ?

Every media outlet talks him down as a hothead who scored 18 league goals

North Korea coukd take lessons from the mentally challengeds on spin , we are not afforded such a privilege from the Scottish press

When’s the last time you read he was a 30 goal a season striker who doesn’t take penalties and was suspended for at least 6 games last season ?

Every media outlet talks him down as a hothead who scored 18 league goals

North Korea coukd take lessons from the mentally challengeds on spin , we are not afforded such a privilege from the Scottish press
Bingo, this has been the medias aim all along. The more focus on his supposed hatchet throwing nature, the less focus there will be on his ability.

Kent, Ojo,Aribo & Alfie as the front 4 with Arfield, Hastie,Jones,Stewart,Candeais and Defoe fighting it out. I like the sound of this

I think he'll stay until January, and if he starts the season well and does well in Europe (which I think he will), a club will come in for him in January, with us loaning a player as his replacement and spending the money next summer.

His goalscoring record for us and Helsinki suggest otherwise if he doesn't get a move this summer then he'll be trying even harder than this season. I would rather we keep him because it's an even bigger risk selling him when we know he can be relied on for scoring a decent amount of goals and his replacement could turn out to be a flop

Get the impression SG is at his wits end with Alfie.We play a better style of football when he’s not in the team.Interesting to see if we go with Defoe as starting striker this season.

Sounds like Alfie's done himself out of any moves with his sheer stupidity last season.

Hopefully a wake up call and he knuckles down for another season of hard graft with us if he fancies earning his move to the prem.

I would be happy for him to stay another season and prove what potential he really has as it’s us that will benefit the most and certainly increase our chances of 55

Morelos is going nowhere at least until January, nobody is going to touch him until he proves he has the maturity to match his ability.

Get the impression SG is at his wits end with Alfie.We play a better style of football when he’s not in the team.Interesting to see if we go with Defoe as starting striker this season.
Gerrard has a massive decision to make if Morelos stays.

i hope alfie stays and scores a barrowload next season.
this season he can prove he has matured and get his
move and earn us a fortune.

If there’s a chance of selling Morelos, you don’t sign guys like Jones and Stewart. I’m sorry, you just don’t.

You bring in Kent and Ojo on loan, then get your own couple of bright sparks for £4-5m each.

If there’s a chance of selling Morelos, you don’t sign guys like Jones and Stewart. I’m sorry, you just don’t.

You bring in Kent and Ojo on loan, then get your own couple of bright sparks for £4-5m each.

How can we possibly know what clubs are going to do until the end of August?

Jones and Stewart are proven in our league and are good business.

Kent is like getting a £7m player and Ojo is unknown but has bags of potential.

If Morelos does go I don't think we will rush out and spend on a household name, unless it's to cover a percentage of a loans wages.

It's bad if we can't get Interest in a 30 goal striker with so much potential somethings not right
What is not right is Alfie’s temperament.
If he played for any other team other than ours we would think he was howling at the moon.
He’s off his fecking rocker.
He’s a good finisher mind you but in this day and age players have to offer more than just that.
His last sending off against Celtic was a total sickener and I hated him for it. Cost us the league as far as I’m concerned.

How can we possibly know what clubs are going to do until the end of August?

Jones and Stewart are proven in our league and are good business.

Kent is like getting a £7m player and Ojo is unknown but has bags of potential.

If Morelos does go I don't think we will rush out and spend on a household name, unless it's to cover a percentage of a loans wages.

Agreed. More so because the squad is now huge and we’ve pretty much done on our business. Sell Morelos and we will probably bring in a high profile loan as a replacement.

Sounds mad though to end up with a £20m profit in the Summer they’re going for ten.

I don’t think we should sell him now, not now we’ve done most of our business. Either hold off longer with those signings or accept you might have to keep him. I’m hoping we can have a more joined up approach, and that way, we do it next year instead - especially once Ojo, Kent and Defoe leave.

Agreed. More so because the squad is now huge and we’ve pretty much done on our business. Sell Morelos and we will probably bring in a high profile loan as a replacement.

Sounds mad though to end up with a £20m profit in the Summer they’re going for ten.

I don’t think we should sell him now, not now we’ve done most of our business. Either hold off longer with those signings or accept you might have to keep him. I’m hoping we can have a more joined up approach, and that way, we do it next year instead - especially once Ojo, Kent and Defoe leave.

I highly doubt we'll get £20m for Morelos. I'd suggest it will be closer to £14m-£16m and they are going for 9 this season.

I'm happy with the business so far providing we ship out the players who won't contribute.

There is definitely business still to be done and the later this happens, the more interesting it's likely to be

I highly doubt we'll get £20m for Morelos. I'd suggest it will be closer to £14m-£16m and they are going for 9 this season.

I'm happy with the business so far providing we ship out the players who won't contribute.

There is definitely business still to be done and the later this happens, the more interesting it's likely to be

Selling Morelos for £14m would be selling him at half price. Can’t see him going for anything less than £20m, and that would be a snip when you compare him to some of the players that have gone for more recently.

Selling Morelos for £14m would be selling him at half price. Can’t see him going for anything less than £20m, and that would be a snip when you compare him to some of the players that have gone for more recently.

I've got scar tissue/frustration still from last season with Alfie.

He has bags of potential but I can't put him in a £20m+ bracket.

Back