Gerrard on Kent and Morelos

The closer we get to the end of the window the more clubs will underbidding for him which may unsettle him. They know he wants out. Similar to Dembele last year.

Hope not, if he’s going to go I hope it’s soon

The closer we get to the end of the window the more clubs will underbidding for him which may unsettle him. They know he wants out. Similar to Dembele last year.

Hope not, if he’s going to go I hope it’s soon

I don’t think this is the case, at all.

Morelos likes being at Rangers. Of course, he wants to move on eventually, but there’s no massive rush. He has a brilliant life at Rangers.

Watching the videos of him in Portugal the last few days, doesn’t strike me as someone who ‘wants out ‘.

When’s the last time you read he was a 30 goal a season striker who doesn’t take penalties and was suspended for at least 6 games last season ?

Every media outlet talks him down as a hothead who scored 18 league goals

North Korea coukd take lessons from the mentally challengeds on spin , we are not afforded such a privilege from the Scottish press
100% correct.;)

I have a good feeling about Kent coming back.

I hope Morelos stays, as good as Defoe was at the end of last season. If he can keep his discipline under wraps he will go from strength to strength.

Helping us to silverware and improving his market value.
Yes, if Morelos stays, gets his head down, sorts his discipline and has a good season, it not only maximises our chances of domestic successes and European progression but also increases his chances of a Colombian recall and ours of maximising his transfer value. Win-win all round.

With friends like you lot who needs enemies?

Alfie , for all his faults, was sent off a number of times last season - some justified, others as a result of snidey bastards having regular digs at him and getting away with it.

The boot to the face at Sheepville.
That rhat Legoman having a few digs at him prior to the elbow that never touched his face.
Even the yellow card he got v Ayr that put him out in the LC Semi was as a result of an atrocious foul on him by the Ayr player....who got away with it.

The lad has his flaws, granted.....but he has had feck all protection

I think it all depends how Alfie starts the season, if he bangs them in/plays well I will expect bids for him.

However I have a feeling he will stay for this season and I am tipping him to hit 40 this year. I said to the boys in my supporters club Morelos would score 30 last season and they laughed at me. He is getting better every year and from what I have seen of Ojo and Aribo (admittedly only small video clips) both look like they will add more attacking flair to our forward line.

I worry that the red cards have done us out of some big money this window their is no guarentee he will hit the numbers he did last season especially with Defoe here for the full season aswell

If he behaves himself, i don't think we need to sell the player for big money.As we know he can score goals a plenty, next season.
It's all about self discipline, and if he hasn't learned anything from last season, he'll never learn.
I think it would benefit the club and the team, if we hold on to him, as it would cost us a lot of cash to replace a 30 goal striker. If he moves we would need a substantial fee, to cover our loss.Keep him until the next window, and hope that the boy changes his ways.There's no better striker in the SPFl.imo.

I'm 50/50 in all honesty but I get the impression that Gerrard would rather have the cash and source a replacement

I disagree, as i think S.G would like nothing better than having a striker in his squad who can score at least 30 goals in a depleted season.
He's not going to be able to replace Alfredo with a loan or a cut price deal for a player.
It cost big bucks to sign players of Alfredo's calibre, even though his attitudes wrong at times.
If anyone can sort this player out, i think it would be S.G.and his staff.I would give him at least another 6 months, or a season.And if things don't improve, it will probably be the time to try and move the boy on to pastures new.Only time and patience will tell.imo.

I disagree, as i think S.G would like nothing better than having a striker in his squad who can score at least 30 goals in a depleted season.
He's not going to be able to replace Alfredo with a loan or a cut price deal for a player.
It cost big bucks to sign players of Alfredo's calibre, even though his attitudes wrong at times.
If anyone can sort this player out, i think it would be S.G.and his staff.I would give him at least another 6 months, or a season.And if things don't improve, it will probably be the time to try and move the boy on to pastures new.Only time and patience will tell.imo.
If we put the Alfredo free to good use and paid for someone like Andre Grays wages with it then he would easily bag 30 goals in this league aswell Alfredo is replaceable imo the one player I truly dread losing is Tav

I think it all depends how Alfie starts the season, if he bangs them in/plays well I will expect bids for him.

However I have a feeling he will stay for this season and I am tipping him to hit 40 this year. I said to the boys in my supporters club Morelos would score 30 last season and they laughed at me. He is getting better every year and from what I have seen of Ojo and Aribo (admittedly only small video clips) both look like they will add more attacking flair to our forward line.

I believe the same as yourself young man, and im one of the older generation.
But im a believer in giving someone another chance to make right their wrongs.
Ive a feeling the boy would love to stay at the club,and prove people in the SPFL.wrong, especially all the doubters'who are not willing to give the boy a fair crack of the whip.Go on Afredo, show them what your made of, by playing in a manner that complments your obvious talents.

Personally, if we didn’t “need” the money, I’d be telling Alfie and his agent that no bids whatsoever would be entertained after August 14.
We can’t be left scrambling at the last minute looking for a replacement.
Historically that leaves you with a player that might down tools and that would be a horrible outcome.

Historically that leaves you with a player that might down tools and that would be a horrible outcome.
Yes, but that wouldn’t do him any good either.
If clubs are concerned about his on field disciplinary issues, they’ll still be wary of off field problems.
More than that though, I just believe we need to make a firm stance and not shoot ourselves in the foot by letting him know he has until the last minute to leave us.

Yes, if Morelos stays, gets his head down, sorts his discipline and has a good season, it not only maximises our chances of domestic successes and European progression but also increases his chances of a Colombian recall and ours of maximising his transfer value. Win-win all round.

Totally agree.

Gutted he's not involved currently with them in the Copa America.

Contenders to win it no doubt. Would have been some achievement for his CV.

If he gets off to a flyer at the start of the season he will surpass last season's tally, provided we make the Europa Groups, of that I have no doubt.

Could be that other clubs have been engrossed in the views of Kevin Kyle and Jackie MacNamara. More likely that there will be interest in Morelos in the coming weeks of the window.

Bingo, this has been the medias aim all along. The more focus on his supposed hatchet throwing nature, the less focus there will be on his ability.
Yup. This is it. The press consistently talking our players down and theirs up. It’s a joke. We need our own supporting reporters back in their. Also our own players I. The press need to start backing us op. Or we BLACKBALL THEM ALL TEGARDLES OF WHO THEY ARE OR WERE.

What is it that makes people think Morelos couldn’t slot in to the team that was put out at the end of the season? Honestly it’s painful to read that shite, as painful as it is to repeatedly see things like “well he was missing and we were great” with no acknowledgement of the context of those games or any acknowledgement of his first spell out and how abysmal we were without him.

If he stays, he’ll end up being our leading man again, and he’ll probably fire us to the title.

Last edited:
My concern with Morelos is we looked more like a team when he was out and even if that changes in a new system or whatever the guys hounded for fuckin breathing.
I friggin love him and I'll go on record and say he will be top 6 EPL or La Liga class in the next couple of years cause he has every attribute of that top tier player, but, in xenophobic Scotland he will not be allowed to play his natural game and that harms us in far too many ways.

Sell and reinvest.

With friends like you lot who needs enemies?

Alfie , for all his faults, was sent off a number of times last season - some justified, others as a result of snidey bastards having regular digs at him and getting away with it.

The boot to the face at Sheepville.
That rhat Legoman having a few digs at him prior to the elbow that never touched his face.
Even the yellow card he got v Ayr that put him out in the LC Semi was as a result of an atrocious foul on him by the Ayr player....who got away with it.

The lad has his flaws, granted.....but he has had feck all protection

Mate there’s games he’s got away with shit too
The stamp on the scum player when he was on the deck for one.

My concern with Morelos is we looked more like a team when he was out and even if that changes in a new system or whatever the guys hounded for fuckin breathing.
I friggin love him and I'll go on record and say he will be top 6 EPL or La Liga class in the next couple of years cause he has every attribute of that top tier player, but, in xenophobic Scotland he will not be allowed to play his natural game and that harms us in far too many ways.

Sell and reinvest.

Best post on the wee fella by a mile.

Sounds like Alfie's done himself out of any moves with his sheer stupidity last season.

Hopefully a wake up call and he knuckles down for another season of hard graft with us if he fancies earning his move to the prem.

It’s early yet but agree he may not get his pick of the bunch like he so wanted!

It's bad if we can't get Interest in a 30 goal striker with so much potential somethings not right
Imagine if the wee man was on penalties as well easily 40+ last season. Let the rats underestimate the wee fella hope he stays for #55

What is it that makes people think Morelos couldn’t slot in to the team that was put out at the end of the season? Honestly it’s painful to read that shite, as painful as it is to repeatedly see things like “well he was missing and we were great” with no acknowledgement of the context of those games or any acknowledgement of his first spell out and how abysmal we were without him.

If he stays, he’ll end up being our leading man again, and he’ll probably fire us to the title.
And to add to that, it was long overdue that we actually had a game plan that didn’t involve him as we’d become predictable. The season end showed the players that there was life post Alfie.

I've got scar tissue/frustration still from last season with Alfie.

He has bags of potential but I can't put him in a £20m+ bracket.
He isn’t going anywhere for £20m from Rangers.

He sorts out the discipline and adds goals against Celtic and in Europe next season and we sell him for £15m-ish... it will be a great bit of business for a £1m signing.

And to add to that, it was long overdue that we actually had a game plan that didn’t involve him as we’d become predictable. The season end showed the players that there was life post Alfie.

Absolutely, he’s been done a huge disservice since that red card. At this point I’m beginning to think people know they’re talking shite but continue to do so because they just won’t forgive him for the piggery sending off.

It's too early if Morelos is going to be subject to a big bid-these clubs move at their own pace and Kent is similar in that Liverpool will assess what they want to do.

Early doors I'm afraid even though we've done a lot of business early.
Alfie to Liverpool for Kent and 12 million. You heard it here first.

I am well known for talking shite but you never know.

Back