Gerrard on Morelos looking unhappy to be subbed

This type of thing happens in loads a games every weekend but for some reason if AM does it then it needs to be highlighted. Does ma head in the media up here.

As a few of the regulars know I'm involved in the youth set up at club.

Lets spin this another way "Striker who is goal hungry is disappointed at being substituted before he gets himself a goal".

Anyone raging we have a striker who wants to score us goals???

Absolutely! Having watched imposters like Kevin Kyle or Jon Daly happily exiting the park after a shocking performance over the years it’s so refreshing to see this type of passion! It’s almost an embarrassment of riches to be able to take of Alfie or Roofe and decide whether we want to bring on our Swiss internationalist or one of England’s greatest ever strikers to replace them!
Tbf to big JD he always put a shift in a side full of ghosts no the greatest but far from one of the worst.

Walking off, chucking his gloves down on the ground at the dugout, not even a handshake or a look at his replacement from what I seen .. not for me.

Again, seeing the usual excuses being trotted out for him. Same excuses I seen when he had a similar reaction in a friendly against Coventry.

He needs to realise it’s not all about him. It’s about the team.

Personally after his first half performance and giving the ball away countless times, I’d say he was fortunate not to be replaced at HT
Yourself and Chester are tragic when it comes to the subject of Morelos. You thrive on putting the boot in and blowing any little thing out of proportion and are never as vocal about the good side of Morelos. He’s putting in selfless shifts lately so how you come to the conclusion he fees it’s all about him is beyond me, as Ally said, no top striker is happy coming off without a goal. You calling for him to be replaced at HT on account of 3 poor passes summed up your attitude to the player.

“Excuses”, you don’t need to excuse a player for being unhappy at coming off, you might need to make an excuse for him if he’s happy to sit on his arse and watch.

Yourself and Chester are tragic when it comes to the subject of Morelos. You thrive on putting the boot in and blowing any little thing out of proportion and are never as vocal about the good side of Morelos. He’s putting in selfless shifts lately so how you come to the conclusion he fees it’s all about him is beyond me, as Ally said, no top striker is happy coming off without a goal. You calling for him to be replaced at HT on account of 3 poor passes summed up your attitude to the player.

“Excuses”, you don’t need to excuse a player for being unhappy at coming off, you might need to make an excuse for him if he’s happy to sit on his arse and watch.
As regular as clockwork :))

El Buf is really important to how we are playing.

It’s not just about goals he’s pulling CH’s outta position where other players attack in behind them. With him playing a lot with his back to goal he may not get as many opportunities as other who are attacking the space.

As mentioned above it’s fantastic we are not relying solely on El Buf like previous seasons...if he didn’t get the ball to feet holding 2 defenders off & scoring a worldy we struggled to break down teams...we are so much more fluent with superb movement this season & not one dimensional.

El Buf is still our best option as our central striker.
The difference this season is the fact we are not totally reliant on him. He is doing some nice work creating space and dragging about players that the other players are exploiting. Roofes movement is sublime. Very clever and energetic.

Alfie should appreciate we're all in this together.

It's not all about him.
I get the feeling he's hard on himself. Rather than being annoyed at the manager his emotions on being subbed are all about being disappointed in himself, and not helping the team by scoring goals. Putting himself under pressure to score isn't necessarily a bad thing.

All I’ll ask is, how many other players of ours reacts the way Morelos does to being subbed?

None.

So either our other players aren’t arsed about wanting to remain on the park or perhaps they’re just mature and not petulant about every little thing unlike Morelos?

I loved Morelos last season. Was terrorising defenders every week up until January, rolling them with ease, banging in goals etc.

Since January? Shadow of the player, countless incidents involving his attitude / discipline / spitting the dummy out etc so I don’t deny that I have went off him quite a bit since his nonsense

However, I have acknowledged when he’s had a good game just as I’ll criticise him when I feel he’s been poor or average.

On here, some will use all sorts of excuses to defend his performances or actions.

Wild shots at goal? “Ah he’s playing in a new position though”

Passing woeful? “Ah it’s the new position he’s playing”

Acting like a petulant child at being subbed? “Ah he just wants to play”

There’s a pattern ..

All I’ll ask is, how many other players of ours reacts the way Morelos does to being subbed?

None.

So either our other players aren’t arsed about wanting to remain on the park or perhaps they’re just mature and not petulant about every little thing unlike Morelos?

And what does it matter how others react? I don’t think any of our players ever look happy about being brought off with 20 plus minutes to go so I don’t know what you’re on about here.

Morelos wears his heart in his sleeve and isn’t shy about showing his frustration, why is that such an issue for you? Why are you absolutely in your element when you’re sniping away at him?

Walking off, chucking his gloves down on the ground at the dugout, not even a handshake or a look at his replacement from what I seen .. not for me.

Again, seeing the usual excuses being trotted out for him. Same excuses I seen when he had a similar reaction in a friendly against Coventry.

Personally after his first half performance and giving the ball away countless times, I’d say he was fortunate not to be replaced at HT

He shook Defoe's hand as he went off and the camera cut away before he reached the management team.

It's beyond me how anyone can go to such lengths - effectively making stuff up - in order to have a go at our player.

He's a wee moody south American, big deal. He is doing a great job for us just now imo. More of a team player than he's ever been, and is key imo in this team

And what does it matter how others react? I don’t think any of our players ever look happy about being brought off with 20 plus minutes to go so I don’t know what you’re on about here.

Morelos wears his heart in his sleeve and isn’t shy about showing his frustration, why is that such an issue for you? Why are you absolutely in your element when you’re sniping away at him?

I’m simply pointing out that it’s not exactly natural for a player to react the way he does to being subbed.

Not in my element at all. Simply calling it as I see it. If Kent had reacted the same way to being subbed I’d have said it was out of order as well

I’m simply pointing out that it’s not exactly natural for a player to react the way he does to being subbed.

Not in my element at all. Simply calling it as I see it. If Kent had reacted the same way to being subbed I’d have said it was out of order as well
Oh but you are clearly in your element. And if you can't see that then maybe you have lost your objectivity on this topic.

double post

I have been critical of Alfie this season but you must have watched a different game today. Put in a great shift. Manager was right to rest him after all the travelling and Thursday in mind

They'll do everything in their power to take the shine off a great performance and victory , desperate people hurting badly

This is what I don’t understand with some I assume to be our own.

We’ve just destroyed the sheep today. A massive match psychologically after last season, they have a very good record against us at Ibrox under Gerrard ( Only 4 wins from 11 ? ), and yet people want to look for negatives among our
Own support too ?

He shook Defoe's hand as he went off and the camera cut away before he reached the management team.

It's beyond me how anyone can go to such lengths - effectively making stuff up - in order to have a go at our player.

These guys would have more fun chatting about Morelos on Kerrydale street than on here such is the lengths both go to in order to belittle him and put the boot in.

Anyone who believes that being frustrated and disappointed at not scoring and being subbed with 20 mins plus left is the behaviour of a petulant child has clearly chosen to interpret such behaviour is an negative a manner as possible and possibly with some agenda. Because the majority of football men will tell you the problem is when a player is comfortable with coming off and watching other players play in their place.

We've got a star player that doesn't want to come off and they've got one that doesn't look like he wants to come on. Any mhedia flak should be heading in a completely different direction.

The team playing well is working in Morelos favour. Despite his lack of goals, he has been playing really well and helping to create chances for others

When he was our main threat the opposition just niggled him and booted him up in the air

Not seen much of that lately

Despite his not scoring, I thought this was one of his best performances for us. He was utterly unplayable. He’s really moved up a level in my opinion this year, he’s the complete player. His link up play is world class. He’s cut out the petulant lashing out. His positional play is incredible.
Yet there were a lot of people on here saying he was shite .

Do you think he looks comfortable playing this position?
I think it frustrates him because that’s not his game.
As we seen with the 3 stray passes that they broke on.
Can just imagine you watching the match with pen and paper waiting on him to make a mistake. You can probably tell the exact time of each one.

My take on it. He despises Dolly and was desperate to score against them.

Remember how many times he's been sent off vs them, I'm sure he hasn't forgotten their dirty play.

These guys would have more fun chatting about Morelos on Kerrydale street than on here such is the lengths both go to in order to belittle him and put the boot in.

Anyone who believes that being frustrated and disappointed at not scoring and being subbed with 20 mins plus left is the behaviour of a petulant child has clearly chosen to interpret such behaviour is an negative a manner as possible and possibly with some agenda. Because the majority of football men will tell you the problem is when a player is comfortable with coming off and watching other players play in their place.

It's completely weird behaviour. I really don't understand how any Rangers fan could hold a grudge against Morelos after the important goals he's scored for us, to the extent of making shite up to slate him.

I get annoyed by myself for replying to some of the nonsense on here but you can't help yourself at times. I notice @Delboy Trotter didn't bother replying to my point about the handshake, to be expected I suppose.

It's completely weird behaviour. I really don't understand how any Rangers fan could hold a grudge against Morelos after the important goals he's scored for us, to the extent of making shite up to slate him.

I get annoyed by myself for replying to some of the nonsense on here but you can't help yourself at times.
I had a guy yesterday saying he never scores in big games.
That poster classed Ross County as bigger than Benfica.

I get Alfie isn't everyone's cup of tea, he's pissed us all off at some point.
Steven Gerrard said a couple of months back that Morelos made it easy to omit him from a matchday squad.
How many times has he not been in the squad since?

I'll trust our manager on this one.

I get annoyed by myself for replying to some of the nonsense on here but you can't help yourself at times. I notice @Delboy Trotter didn't bother replying to my point about the handshake, to be expected I suppose.

Its bizarre honestly. There’s a real effort being made to belittle and find fault with him. I mean picking out clusters of goals and ignoring others to belittle him is truly strange from Rangers fans, that’s what mentally challengeds are supposed to do, not our own. Delboy wanting him hooked at HT for 3 slack passes, 2 of which happened about 100-110 yards from our own goal. It’s the same 4 or 5 posters every time, they clearly have a personal issue with him and thrive on finding fault or in today’s case, creating fault with him.

Don't have a massive problem with it.

As long as there's no disrespect shown towards the management team or the team, than he can be annoyed all he wants.

It's what all great strikers do.

Defoe was pissed off after we won 8-0 two weeks ago

I had a guy yesterday saying he never scores in big games.
That poster classed Ross County as bigger than Benfica.

I get Alfie isn't everyone's cup of tea, he's pissed us all off at some point.
Steven Gerrard said a couple of months back that Morelos made it easy to omit him from a matchday squad.
How many times has he not been in the squad since?

I'll trust our manager on this one.

Utterly weird is the only way to describe it. Morelos has scored 10 goals in 11 Europa League (not qualifier) games. Just madness to claim he doesn't score against big teams.

Morelos was taken off with Thursday's Europa League clash against Benfica in mind. But he did not look happy to be substituted.

"Does he ever?" Gerrard said. "I can't work it out. We're 4-0 up, he's played well, his team-mate is about to come on, we've got a big game on Thursday.

"I don't know, you'll have to ask Alfredo why he was a bit sad. I wasn't sad, I was very happy.
He isn’t innocent

He’s a winner and wants to score goals he’ll have been annoyed at himself not Gerrard
exactly.. I’d rather him come off In A huff than laughing.. for me he had a great shift... took up all kinds of different positions... had the sheep defence keeping a close eye on him and his back heel on arfields goal was cheeky..
and his happiness after our goals shows he’s a team player.. but like most strikers he wants to score goals and thinks at some point in the 90mins he will...so if he’s taken off b4 the 90.. those are minutes he thinks he would have have a had a chance to score in...

Do you think he looks comfortable playing this position?
I think it frustrates him because that’s not his game.
As we seen with the 3 stray passes that they broke on.
Aye. He's been instrumental in our style of play this season. He's not scoring as many goals clearly but he's still dragging defences all over the place and making space for his team mates.

This is what I don’t understand with some I assume to be our own.

We’ve just destroyed the sheep today. A massive match psychologically after last season, they have a very good record against us at Ibrox under Gerrard ( Only 4 wins from 11 ? ), and yet people want to look for negatives among our
Own support too ?
I don’t think people are wanting to look for negatives Grigo. Great result, clean sheet, stretching the points gap, all good. Just an underlying concern that for all the good stuff Morelos does, there always seems to be some negative from him if he’s not getting his own way. Disappointed going off is fair enough. Still scowling about it in the stands is another. Unity is essential right now.

Ignore him mate he absolutely hates Morelos. It’s ripping out of him.

I don’t think people are wanting to look for negatives Grigo. Great result, clean sheet, stretching the points gap, all good. Just an underlying concern that for all the good stuff Morelos does, there always seems to be some negative from him if he’s not getting his own way. Disappointed going off is fair enough. Still scowling about it in the stands is another. Unity is essential right now.

OK PMB.

Respect your posts mate, I just don’t see the need for such a reaction to this, and to a clip of him looking disappointed after not scoring before being substituted.

I support every Rangers player as long as they are giving their best, and I feel that Morelos is, despite not necessarily playing at his best.

McCoist made this very point on Sky about himself.

Back