Gerrard on Morelos looking unhappy to be subbed

I think Alfie was just annoyed not getting a goal. He is offering so much more this season in his overall play, and he is more of a team player now.
If I was SG I would want my players to be unhappy at being subbed.

Aye. He's been instrumental in our style of play this season. He's not scoring as many goals clearly but he's still dragging defences all over the place and making space for his team mates.
And that’s all I asked before the pitchforks came out.

OK PMB.

Respect your posts mate, I just don’t see the need for such a reaction to this, and to a clip of him looking disappointed after not scoring before being substituted.

I support every Rangers player as long as they are giving their best, and I feel that Morelos is, despite not necessarily playing at his best.
I’m definitely not saying he’s not trying. He always puts in a shift. But he doesn’t look happy in this adapted role. He’s hardly even getting a shot on goal in most games right now. 3 league goals for a main striker is not great, even allowing for sharing the goals around. And he has none since September. He will know that, regardless of his contribution. But like @earlofleven said in another thread, the strikers really haven’t caught fire yet. I’m not worried but I think the sooner he gets back in amongst the goals the better.

These guys would have more fun chatting about Morelos on Kerrydale street than on here such is the lengths both go to in order to belittle him and put the boot in.

Anyone who believes that being frustrated and disappointed at not scoring and being subbed with 20 mins plus left is the behaviour of a petulant child has clearly chosen to interpret such behaviour is an negative a manner as possible and possibly with some agenda. Because the majority of football men will tell you the problem is when a player is comfortable with coming off and watching other players play in their place.

McCoist made this very point on Sky about himself.
I’m definitely not saying he’s not trying. He always puts in a shift. But he doesn’t look happy in this adapted role. He’s hardly even getting a shot on goal in most games right now. 3 league goals for a main striker is not great, even allowing for sharing the goals around. And he has none since September. He will know that, regardless of his contribution. But like @earlofleven said in another thread, the strikers really haven’t caught fire yet. I’m not worried but I think the sooner he gets back in amongst the goals the better.

Agree with that.

In fact, despite how well we have been playing it’s only really in the last three games that our forwards are starting to function as we would hope.

Aribo & Roofe just getting close to 100% match fitness & Kent looked closer to his best yesterday.

Alfredo has scored recent goals against Poznań & Benfica, and we know how vital European success has been to us mate.

McCoist made this very point on Sky about himself.

Agree with that.

In fact, despite how well we have been playing it’s only really in the last three games that our forwards are starting to function as we would hope.

Aribo & Roofe just getting close to 100% match fitness & Kent looked closer to his best yesterday.

Alfredo has scored recent goals against Poznań & Benfica, and we know how vital European success has been to us mate.
Absolutely and I fancy him to score on Thursday.

Defoe was unhappy he didn't score against Hamilton

Roofe was unhappy he didn't come on against Benfica

Morelos was unhappy he didn't score against Aberdeen

Good strikers want to be playing all the time and scoring. It's really a non issue, watch Morelos take out his frustrations on Benfica.

I don't have a problem with him being unhappy at being subbed. It shows that the hunger to play and score for us is still there.

Look forward to him scoring on Thursday night and then he'll be all smiles again.

He's just raging he's not scoring, not an issue with that. Chucking the gloves are extremely petulant but I'm sure he was fine by the end of the game and the players were probably ripping the piss out of him for it in the dressing room.

The pics of him in the stands with his arms folded and face like thunder are hillarious.

He will play on Thursday and is important for us in Europe.

Itten and Defoe must be really pushing for more starts in the league though.

I’m simply pointing out that it’s not exactly natural for a player to react the way he does to being subbed.

Not in my element at all. Simply calling it as I see it. If Kent had reacted the same way to being subbed I’d have said it was out of order as well
It's not exactly natural for a fan to be so desperate to stick the boot in, yet once again here we are.

Any thread will be getting pulled by the press now. They must be scratching their heads. When we are playing this well they usually go after the fans.

Unhappy at not scoring and getting subbed shock. They managed to get Marco Negri with this pish so let’s not give them any help.

It is absolutely ridiculous that this is a topic of discussion running to this size of thread.

Rangers are well and truly on an upwards trajectory, we have scored 12 goals for no reply in our last 2, 3 goals conceded all season, a minimum of 5 clear in the league and people are genuinely spending time discussing a notoriously passionate striker being a wee bit huffy at being taken off goalless in a 4-0 win. And that is all it is; a wee bit huffy. He was not rude or disrespectful to anyone, he did not throw a strop, kick water bottles all over the place, shout, rant, swear, refuse a handshake, any of it. He literally had his wee face tripping him and we are 5 pages deep.

This is really not a topic worthy of discussion.

Back