Gerrard on Morelos

I hope it's done quick,if we get 18 mill,we should take it because going by tonight's performance, he's not done his value any good at all and could depreciate,so I'd cut and run.

Whether his head is turned or not we state the price that he can leave for. we cannot have players picking their own terms. Either Lille pays up or Morelos sits on the side until his contract runs out.

£17million with a sell on fee and that would be a damn good deal imo

For everyone involved.

Buyers get a motivated Buff, who is a top level striker. We settle for a little under his 'value' but we make that up with the sell on %.

We get needed funds in the accounts and for further strengthening of the first 11

Hope it is sorted one way or another soon.

A circus is the last thing we need heading into such a massive season.

No idea if this has been mention as of yet, but quite often with transfers when a player wants to make a move happen, they force it. They are encouraged by the buying club and the players own representatives to make a nuisance of themselves or cause a stink. In order to force the selling club into a weaker bargaining position. It varies in degrees of extremity, some players push too hard and spoil the relationship with the fans. We now have no choice but to bench Alfie, especially with the additions of Itten and Roofe this week. So Lille can now hang the threat of walking away from the deal above our heads. Leaving us with an unhappy Alfie, who clearly wants to move there. After that it all comes down to if another suitable club comes in with terms that suit both us and Alfie. Which in most cases doesn't happen, usually the player wants the deal with the club that's done you dirty.

I hope I'm wrong in thinking this is what has happened. With Alfie's recent form for us, it's extremely difficult to tell. However the fact Gerrard spoke at the presser yesterday and said Alfie trained hard all week and was raring to go. Now he claims Alfie's head has been turned. Which is true and somewhat understandable but massively frustrating. It does make me think that the above, is what is currently happening.

Remember when the mentally challengeds sold Dembele to Lyon? He kicked up a fuss on social media and made a general nuisance of himself. Turned in half arsed performances. Feels like that is what is happening here.

He will be off in the next few days. I wish him all the best in the next stage of his career.

No matter the final fee, it will have made us a huge profit.

The way he's playing his values only going to go down.

Cash in and move on.

What would you sell him for them?
As said , thank god you ain’t our negotiator. He has done plenty in this years Europa league to keep his fee high, all the panic merchants on here saying sell for less are off your heads

Thank the board and management for bringing in two strikers when they did. Don't fancy Alfie being our only option for upcoming League fixtures. Looks like he just wants to go. Very disappointed in his lack of professionalism.

I heard an interview with Defoe early yesterday prior to the game. Asked about Morelos he replied that he should just concentrate on the football that he should switch off his phone and not take any calls even from his agent.

Says more than enough for me, it's best resolved quickly for both parties.

Is that you Barry?
Nae sense in at. Furst team ple'ers.

What doesn't make sense?

If he's fat and unprofessional no one will pay 20 million for him.
The clowns who want our best player away at any price will be gutted.
Those who want him to stay will be happy.
Unless it's all shite.
In which case, "bears" are contributing as much as mentally challengeds to push him out.

Does that clear it up?

The clowns who want him away??
The player himself wants away. Why would you keep an unhappy player who doesn’t want to be here?

I've always stuck up fro Alfie seen what he contributed even when he wasn't scoring and when he got better and better I was like "he's a 10m player, a 15m player a 20m player." But this preseason he's been poor by his standards, he did have flashes at Aberdeen but I think this narrow 3 is absolutely not for him. I don't want to get to a point where I say on his days he's a 20m striker"

I'm hoping his dick of an agent hasn't suggested he winds down a bit so his price gets lowered. I'm hoping if so Morelos would tell him to f*ck off.

I think Morelos is over for us. For those saying we’ve bought 2 strikers so we don’t need to replace him are wrong. We needed 2 strikers in addition to Morelos and Defoe for options and competition. Defoe is 37 or 38 FFS, his playing time will be little, Itten will play a part but is young and Gerrard said he’s a project player due to his age. That leaves Morelos who’s going and Roofe as the main strikers. Morelos goes he needs replaced, also need to use the funds for a driving box to box midfielder.

I hope we get the £18million or do that we are looking for and being does go. Sadly his mind is now elsewhere, we haven’t had peak Aldi since the end of last year.

Even if we do still haggle with the fee for another couple of weeks I can’t see him playing again, he has been completely ineffective. I reckon one of the new boys will start on Sunday

If a deal is done or close to being done I wouldn’t play Alfie at all. If his form is as bad as it appears it can only affect his value.

get him sold Rangers, looks like he is dreaming of a big pay cheque, buying a Bentley and moving on.

He is not a £25million player and the longer we keep him then the more likely he is to cause problems in the dressing room. He already looks like he's decided that his time at the club is over. If he doesn't get a move in this window then his attitude will get worse. An unfit and unhappy Morelos warming the bench and being 3rd or 4th choice striker because of his fitness and form does absolutely nothing for the club.

Time to accept a bid and move on. We're really short on a quality midfielder and we could make Morelos' transfer fee work to better the first team.
This post doesn't really reflect Alfredo too well, and you write him off too easily. Every striker, especially one so young, goes through a dry spell, buy Alfredo still works hard for the team and plays his part; against Aberdeen, and even last night, he was better than you suggest. His team mates are very much behind him, and he will get his form back. Whether that's at Rangers or elsewhere, time will tell, but you're wrong to write him off.

This post doesn't really reflect Alfredo too well, and you write him off too easily. Every striker, especially one so young, goes through a dry spell, buy Alfredo still works hard for the team and plays his part; against Aberdeen, and even last night, he was better than you suggest. His team mates are very much behind him, and he will get his form back. Whether that's at Rangers or elsewhere, time will tell, but you're wrong to write him off.
Hes had a dry spell since november

Hes had a dry spell since november
He hasn't scored since we've returned, and his form isn't his best, but his work rate has been good, and last night was a typical away tie; he led the line well last night against a very good side. In every game so far Morelos has worked hard for the team. His goals will return; where he plays when they do is neither here nor there to my initial point.

I think Morelos is over for us. For those saying we’ve bought 2 strikers so we don’t need to replace him are wrong. We needed 2 strikers in addition to Morelos and Defoe for options and competition. Defoe is 37 or 38 FFS, his playing time will be little, Itten will play a part but is young and Gerrard said he’s a project player due to his age. That leaves Morelos who’s going and Roofe as the main strikers. Morelos goes he needs replaced, also need to use the funds for a driving box to box midfielder.
What planet are you on?

What planet are you on?

Exactly.

Sours his time with us

Paid him well, made him who he is and he repays is by chucking it

I’ve said for a while, I’m not worried about him leaving. IMO it’ll be good for us
Totaly agree we are to reliant on him for goals hes been off it a long time now lets cash in asap and see where the 2 new strikers takes us hopefully they can mix it up score loads and play differently when required.

God help you if you think tbe club would sign another striker after spending anywhere between £5-10m for 2 guys just in the door. Deluded
Well we’ve done that with no Morelos sale (unless it’s been done and we only kept him due to having no other striker for Leverkusen). Roofe isn’t a centre forward, and Hagi or Aribo wedged wide right just doesn’t work consistently, so in effect we have Itten and Defoe for through the middle. I’m not deluded at all. We went with just Morelos and Defoe post Christmas and look what happened. We want to win a league. We need another option when Morelos goes even if it’s a loan.

If Gerrard is saying that, it’s disappointing.

After everything the club have done for Morelos, I’m expecting more than that from him and 100% effort until the minute he leaves.

Well we’ve done that with no Morelos sale (unless it’s been done and we only kept him due to having no other striker for Leverkusen). Roofe isn’t a centre forward, and Hagi or Aribo wedged wide right just doesn’t work consistently, so in effect we have Itten and Defoe for through the middle. I’m not deluded at all. We went with just Morelos and Defoe post Christmas and look what happened. We want to win a league. We need another option when Morelos goes even if it’s a loan.

We went with two post Christmas and now with Roofe and Itten (and Defoe) it's three so there's a difference right away.

If you think we're signing a 4th player to sit behind Defoe you're off your nut. We'd either be spending a good chunk of money for a 3rd / 4th choice striker who never plays or not spending much and having a player (like Barker or Jones) who ultimately isn't good enough to play at all.

If we spend a penny more in this window it should be on one or two midfielders.

Never change FF

0BiQxbc.png

Never change

Roofe played through the middle for Leeds. Do you reckon he could score 12 spl goals in a season?

Back