Gerrard on Roofes goal

The gaffer giving Kemar Roofe the best praise ever

The goal did deserve that respect given the conditions and the way Kemar held off the opposition

It was a suburb goal and I’m glad the gaffer is giving Kemar the praise he deserves

It was the fact that he was among 4 of their players and evaded the tackles.

I don't think I have ever seen a goal like that.

I've seen goals from people's own half but never surrounded by opponents and having to play to the position before the shot.

Probably the best goal i have seen as a Rangers fan except Ugo's overhead kick against the Scum
I'm on the crest as well but:
Mendes
Thern
konterman

Off the top of my head would rival those

Feck! just recalled Butch!

I'm recalling a equaliser against them by a defender - great strike but can't recall the name.

18 yr old Rum is now taking hold

Cheers bluenoses!

I'm pretty confident I've seen every televised Rangers goal since the mid 60's and missed few games at Ibrox thro the 70's and 90's. Thats quite a few thousand goals.
Roofe's is the best.

Only time I’ve had such a reaction from a goal. You can normally hear my roar for miles.
Not a peep from me. Speechless, followed by tears laughter.
Funny you said tears laughter, that is the emotion I went through and it takes something special to trigger that emotion from football and I have to say I think Alex Rae and many others went through the same?

"Hold it, hold it, whats he doing, yesss great play wtf, OMG, WOW I don't believe it wow wow!"

That disbelief then realisation you may have just seen the greatest goal you have or will ever see as it happened?

Back