Gerrard on summer transfers

It really is amazing the amount of posters crying about Hastie being signed, he is 19 ffs and one for the future, it doesn't mean Gerrard is going to throw him straight into the 1st team.

As much as some fans will only look at the here and now we still have to plan for the future and that includes signing young players in the hope we can make them better and ready for the 1st team one day.

Last edited:
It really is amazing the amount of posters crying about Hastie being signed, he is 19 ffs and one for the future, it doesn't mean Gerrard is going to throw him straight into the 1st team.

As much as some fans will only look at there here and now we still have to plan for the future and that includes signing young players in the hope we can make them better and ready for the 1st team one day.
Young players on free transfers or development fees with huge potential should never,ever be taken out of any recruitment policy we have mate.
Regardless of what we do or don't need at that moment in time.

Just seen this on Insta from a Rangers fans page, i haven't seen any interviews or quotes from Gerrard saying this.
IMG-20190318-WA0001.jpg

Guus Til - AZ - AM £4M
Elvir Koljic - Craiova - ST - 500k
Luka Ivanusec - Lokomotiva - AM - £1M
Kristoffer Peterson - Heracles - LW RW - Free
Patrick Twumasi - Alaves - ST RW LW of front 3 - £1M
Andreas Skov Olsen - Nordsjaelland - RW - £1.5M
Graeme Shinnie - Aberdeen - Anywhere on left - Free
Craig Halkett - Livingston - CB - Free
Jake Hastie - Motherwell - RW - Development Fee
Alan Hutton - Aston Villa - RB - Free
2 or 3 loans (Maybe Kent on another years loan)
£8.25M total.

Just seen this on Insta from a Rangers fans page, i haven't seen any interviews or quotes from Gerrard saying this.
IMG-20190318-WA0001.jpg

Because he didn't say it.

From the OP "We’re a lot closer than people think but the next four, five, six signings are going to be so big for this club "

Because he didn't say it.

From the OP "We’re a lot closer than people think but the next four, five, six signings are going to be so big for this club "
Yea i thought as much, really annoying thesw pages that make up quotes !

In the past yes.

But hes the type of player we really need.

He was worth a deal till the end of the season IMO.

I understand the negativity that came about when it was rumoured that Morrison was linked with us. But as you say, he is the type of player wee need.

He brings a bit of fear and unpredictability with him. Has bags of skill that can hopefully be pulled out of him on a consistent basis.

Grezda will be our Main RW next season.
Rossiter like a new signing.
Docherty back.
2 x AM
1 x CH
2 x CF
1 x RB
I'm pretty sure Stevie & Mark are advanced in identifying who's arriving in the summer

Still a very promising quote though seems confident of some top talent coming in the summer

Reads more to me like he's inferring the next 4-6 signings we make are going to be big in a make or break way rather than them necessarily being big name signings.

As much as some fans will only look at the here and now we still have to plan for the future and that includes signing young players in the hope we can make them better and ready for the 1st team one day.

Has he signed mate?

I bet you a pound Graeme Shinnie will be at Ibrox this summer for free. Thoughts?

He will be here, but anyone who was at the live show with Kevin Thomson on friday will tell you that he does not rate the player at all.

Indeed, he doesn't believe the club should be signing any spl players anytime soon. I agree.

Guus Til - AZ - AM £4M
Elvir Koljic - Craiova - ST - 500k
Luka Ivanusec - Lokomotiva - AM - £1M
Kristoffer Peterson - Heracles - LW RW - Free
Patrick Twumasi - Alaves - ST RW LW of front 3 - £1M
Andreas Skov Olsen - Nordsjaelland - RW - £1.5M
Graeme Shinnie - Aberdeen - Anywhere on left - Free
Craig Halkett - Livingston - CB - Free
Jake Hastie - Motherwell - RW - Development Fee
Alan Hutton - Aston Villa - RB - Free
2 or 3 loans (Maybe Kent on another years loan)
£8.25M total.

Some good suggestions on there mate but two issues:
1. We won't be signing that many players
2. Your values on some are well out I'm afraid:
; Petterson's club have a years extension which they're guaranteed to activate and given his form he'll still cost a few bob.
; Ivanusec will likely cost a bit more than that as he's very highly rated(the new Modric)
; Skov Olsen ditto will cost a LOT more than the figure you've quoted and probably be out of our reach (watched by biggest clubs in the world recently)
; Koljic will be three or four times what you've quoted

I'd estimate realistically we could get Shinnie,Halkett,Hastie,Petterson,Ivanusec and Koljic for about 6 million.And I'd take that then use whatever cash we have left for a number ten,no idea who that'd be though.

It's a massive summer transfer window for us and we need to get it right. My main worry for the start of the season is the European qualifiers though which start before the season. No matter what it is still going to be difficult as %^*& to qualify and the potential is there for people to go mental and start throwing the toys out the pram if we don't make it and there is every chance we won't. We got reasonably lucky this year with the draw so chances are we won't next season and everyone's expectations of Europe have grown. Europe next season should be treated the way it was this season with it being a bonus. The league is the main thing and we need to get off to a flier no matter what happens in the qualifiers.

It's a massive summer transfer window for us and we need to get it right. My main worry for the start of the season is the European qualifiers though which start before the season. No matter what it is still going to be difficult as %^*& to qualify and the potential is there for people to go mental and start throwing the toys out the pram if we don't make it and there is every chance we won't. We got reasonably lucky this year with the draw so chances are we won't next season and everyone's expectations of Europe have grown. Europe next season should be treated the way it was this season with it being a bonus. The league is the main thing and we need to get off to a flier no matter what happens in the qualifiers.

Think most fans would take parking the europa cup next season to win the title.

The problem is that the past 4 windows have been "massive" for us.

I think we are at the stage now where we need to focus spending on good quality players, and by that i mean a couple of/three 5 million + players to really give us some extra quality.

Europe i am not massively worried about, we already know that our current style works (within reason) in Europe and we can go toe-2-toe with very good teams.

If we add two to the midfield, one up front (two if we lose Alfie) and one at the back, that still might not be enough to win the league, but I bet you we’d be a damn sight closer.

Im still not happy with any of our central defenders mate, with hopefully Katic being able to develop & learn. So I’d suggest two central defenders to be honest.

Some good suggestions on there mate but two issues:
1. We won't be signing that many players
2. Your values on some are well out I'm afraid:
; Petterson's club have a years extension which they're guaranteed to activate and given his form he'll still cost a few bob.
; Ivanusec will likely cost a bit more than that as he's very highly rated(the new Modric)
; Skov Olsen ditto will cost a LOT more than the figure you've quoted and probably be out of our reach (watched by biggest clubs in the world recently)
; Koljic will be three or four times what you've quoted

I'd estimate realistically we could get Shinnie,Halkett,Hastie,Petterson,Ivanusec and Koljic for about 6 million.And I'd take that then use whatever cash we have left for a number ten,no idea who that'd be though.

Koljic signed for 450k Cav, so as you suggest we would need to at least treble that given his success in Craovia.
You think 2m for Ivanusec mate ?

Reactions: cav
I'd agree and I'd hope these have been all but sealed already, not crap like Jones but genuine quality bosmans where wage wise we need to give them a fair wedge

Agree SG. If we are really active here then we can dramatically change the squad for below 10m.
The only issue is how many we can’t move on of course.

Agree SG. If we are really active here then we can dramatically change the squad for below 10m.
The only issue is how many we can’t move on of course.
My worry is if Davis and Defoe are kept on next season how much that will take out of our wage bill, personally I would cut both short as we are not going to get the same value for the wages we are paying them as we could for someone younger.

Im still not happy with any of our central defenders mate, with hopefully Katic being able to develop & learn. So I’d suggest two central defenders to be honest.

I think we'll keep McAuley as backup but I could see us going down the loan route again to replace Worrall.

We do clearly need another centre half in terms of numbers and a quality permanent signing would obviously be the preferred option, but if the money isn't there to bring in everyone we want this summer, I'd rather we focussed on getting in genuine quality middle to front.

We've only conceded 22 goals in the league all season. It's the one area we actually look reasonably decent in.

I think we'll keep McAuley as backup but I could see us going down the loan route again to replace Worrall.

We do clearly need another centre half in terms of numbers and a quality permanent signing would obviously be the preferred option, but if the money isn't there to bring in everyone we want this summer, I'd rather we focussed on getting in genuine quality middle to front.

We've only conceded 22 goals in the league all season. It's the one area we actually look reasonably decent in.
We havent conceded a lot of the goals but we have conceded a lot of key goals in the last minute etc, thats not all the centre backs fault mind you but i do feel we need another proper centre back with pace.

Koljic signed for 450k Cav, so as you suggest we would need to at least treble that given his success in Craovia.
You think 2m for Ivanusec mate ?
I'd think so mate,at the moment he hasn't been yet capped by the senior team just the U21's but according to @bobally who would know,it's only a matter of time before that happens and then his value will only go one way-still very young as well so if we don't get him in the summer,I'd suggest he will be out of our price range quickly otherwise.

Absolutely agree that we buy quality rather than quantity. I think we’ve witnessed what happens if you don’t this season.

Back