Gerrard or Dalglish

Generation thing I would think.

For me it would be Dalgleish but the younger generation would probably go for Gerrard.

Both tremendous players for Liverpool. Souness wasn’t too bad either :)

Maybe but Zico was the best number 10 in 82. It was not even an argument.
And Zico I believe was one of only 2 players Souness said he felt genuinely inferior to and couldn’t get close to in a match. I can’t remember off the top of my head who the other one was.

Was talking to a mentally challenged in work today who reckons Dalglish is more fondly remembered by reds fans than Gerrard. Hard one, especially what Dalglish did for the club after Hillsborough, more medals etc. My main argument was local boy, best of his generation, played in an inferior side which he basically carried, stayed when he could have gone to Chelsea for more money etc. Thoughts bears, want to destroy this poet on Monday!
Schools not out for summer?

Great input, seriously funny!
It's a ridiculous post and all too typical these days. "Give me your input i need to revisit an old argument about............I'll rip him a new one, thanks in advance bears".

Pre Hillsborough he was King Kenny. Post Hillsborough he was revered on Merseyside.

There's simply no debate to be had over the King Kenny and Gerrard match up.

And Souness fucked up big time when he sold his heart operation story to the Sun. Scousers don't have much regard for him now.

But anyways futile debates wont be settled on FF or anywhere else and arguing the toss with a Tim and bringing it here. Get real ffs.

I live down South. About to go for a drink with my two pals who are Mickey Mousers. Them and a lad I work with all speak very highly of Dogleash and Stevie G. . All three around the 6 mark and say best player ever seen play for LFC - Suarez.
Its all about opinion.

I liked Gerrard as a player as our manager i have serious man love. But surely it's Kenny dalglish if you asked that question to a liverpool supporter. To %^*& with whatever said poet is saying. He was there about 5 minutes compared to liverpool and what he did there.

It's a ridiculous post and all too typical these days. "Give me your input i need to revisit an old argument about............I'll rip him a new one, thanks in advance bears".

Pre Hillsborough he was King Kenny. Post Hillsborough he was revered on Merseyside.

There's simply no debate to be had over the King Kenny and Gerrard match up.

And Souness fucked up big time when he sold his heart operation story to the Sun. Scousers don't have much regard for him now.

But anyways futile debates wont be settled on FF or anywhere else and arguing the toss with a Tim and bringing it here. Get real ffs.
It wasn't a debate, it was a bit of banter about footballers legacies and I never mentioned Souness, I apologize if I've dropped below the intellectual waterline.

The only you can debate that question is if they played in a similar position at a similar time . like comparing the magnificent bastard to Barry , or Klos to Goram .
For its worth Dalglish is a hero to the people of Liverpool not just as a player who was brilliant but the way he handled himself after the Hillsborough disaster

Liverpool fans would be very, very reluctant to choose. And given there is absolutely no reason to do so, why should they?

Dalgliesh a far better player
He was great unfortunately he was not appreciated especially in Scotland colours. No point in discussions 're manager.

Gerrard was a better player.

Dalglish fantastic as he was had the advantage of playing in one of the best club sides of all time.

Sorry but no he wasn’t. In my opinion.

I could make a case for both, but having seen Dalglish at his sublime best I think that Dalglish was possibly a better player but Stevie was at least as big an influence on a game.

However as they were sufficiently different types of player they can be first equal

You didn't see Dalglish. Same with Messi v Maradona.
Maradona was something else. Way better than Messi.
Dalglish better than Stevie G

I saw them both and Messi is the better of the two. In fact he is way better. Of course Di Stefano is way better than either of them. I know because I saw him.

Was talking to a mentally challenged in work today who reckons Dalglish is more fondly remembered by reds fans than Gerrard. Hard one, especially what Dalglish did for the club after Hillsborough, more medals etc. My main argument was local boy, best of his generation, played in an inferior side which he basically carried, stayed when he could have gone to Chelsea for more money etc. Thoughts bears, want to destroy this poet on Monday!
Given all the trophies Kenny won as player and manager I don't think you'd find a scouser over the age of 30 who wouldn't say Dalglish. Only ones who would say otherwise are those to young to have seen him play.

This is the stage that mentally challengeds are at now.. arguing that there’s someone who is more popular with Liverpool fans for being an ex-Liverpool player than the current Rangers manager.

They are fucking demented.

I’ve had someone who used to go on about how he loved Gerrard as a Liverpool players and that Gerrard was such a big Celtic fan who can barely even say our manager’s name now.
I’d be all for Gerrard signing Rooney on loan for a month or two during this season just to see the emotional breakdown it would produce across the Celtic support.

They’ve got an opinion on everything except for their own club’s Safeguarding issues.

He didn't have any advantage by being in the team, he was one of the main reasons they were so good. He was an immensely talented player.

You don't think he had any advantage?

If you swapped Gerrard and Dalglish round so that Gerrard played in the 1984 Liverpool team and Dalglish played in the 2006 team - who do you think was the better team?

Back