Gerrard playing on Sunday?

Ffs, all the posters complaining, let some of the bears dream about gerrard playing 5 minutes in a meaningless friendly. I personally don’t think it will happen but I certainly wouldn’t mind

Embarrassing that people actually think he would be the best midfielder in Scotland if he came out of retirement. What goes through people’s heads on here

Embarrassing that people actually think he would be the best midfielder in Scotland if he came out of retirement. What goes through people’s heads on here

It’s as if Niko Kranjcar never happened. And he was still (somewhat) actively playing when we signed him!

Would boost ticket sales for definite. Great a little extra buzz, is it an exhibition match after all. Pointless but also harmless as well.

We are a professional football club, not a Sunday league outfit. We don't just bring the manager on for the last 5 minutes for a laugh. It would totally undermine his authority as manager and could be taking game time away from a young prospect.

We are a professional football club, not a Sunday league outfit. We don't just bring the manager on for the last 5 minutes for a laugh. It would totally undermine his authority as manager and could be taking game time away from a young prospect.

Exactly. Diddy club behavior.

Unless we've become the Govan Globe-Trotters, i can't see it, although it would be pretty cool to see the gaffer strutting his stuff in a Rangers jersey.

It would be fantastic and shirt printers would have an almighty task the atmosphere and cash it would pull is frightening fucked up that it's a non starter.:(

We’re a professional steady ship. Gerrard’s not going to change that.

It’ll be a circus if he pulls on the jersey.

Typical headlines in the tabloids when we’re under pressure
“manager better than his own duds”
“Gerrard embarrassing/belittling his players”

He’s a manager. His focus is on management. He’ll not be on the pitch again unless it’s a charity match for unicef for something. Even at that, I don’t think he’ll take his focus away for his management job.

Why? He genuinely is one of the best midfield players in a whole generation. Many of our younger fans would have grown up watching him. Seeing a footballing legend playing in a meaningless friendly isn't really cringeworthy at all.

I think it would be okay after we’ve won something with him as mgr first.
I think he’s probably thinking the same.

I think it would be okay after we’ve won something with him as mgr first.
I think he’s probably thinking the same.

Yeah would go with that. But think there is a bit of an overreaction about it.

We had Robbie Fowler play a half for us in a friendly and I don't remember anyone being uppity about it.

I do accept it. However Sunday's is a meaningless friendly which if Gerrard was to play a cameo would probably add 5,000 to the gate.
If it became known he was playing even 15 minutes, and you had pay at the gate (not sure if there is) you’d get close to a sellout pretty quickly.

Yeah would go with that. But think there is a bit of an overreaction about it.

We had Robbie Fowler play a half for us in a friendly and I don't remember anyone being uppity about it.

Robbie Fowler wasnt the manager of the club, so it was a bit of fun.

Gerrard wont turn out, he is far too professional for that.

As much as it would be great to see him playing it wouldnt be beneficial for the squad there's a few lads who could be doing with the game time to help us push on for 55

It won't happen anyways but everyone getting triggered at this suggestion grow up haha, this is a meaningless friendly, wouldn't harm anyone and would be good entertainment for those who turn up, stop being such drama queens

It would harm the players who we might be looking to get match fit to be fair.

Having an opposition player playing for 45 minutes, yet the club manager putting his boots on for 5 mins is cringeworthy?

Gerrard is no longer a footballer. He is now a manager, with that comes a responsibilty, that he sees, yet others on this thread dont.

Back