Gerrard post match interview

Interesting he mentioned having to do better defensively on a few occasion.
Let's see he he does anything about it on Thur and Sunday.

Can’t bring myself to watch his interviews after we bottle it on the big occasion today - again.

He is just a smarter Mark Warburton, it’s only a matter of time before the board make the change this is becoming to painful to watch every season.

I am not screaming for it to happen but after watching his team failure after failure against mediocre teams and persist with the same shocking players if and when C*ltic win the league this season is he’s not bagged he’ll walk anyway.

He and his players just can’t lift it domestically when it matters, Hibs were shite today and we still couldn’t win when it mattered again.

The old saying goes, if nothing changes - nothing changes.

He can only answer the questions asked. Our media team are shit. He can always say no comment but still get the point across.

q1. Where you disappointed the linesman never saw an offide?
q2. What was your view on leverage used on Helander for the 2nd?
q3. How is Ryans Ankle. That looked a nasty unwarranted scrape from behind, should be have been sent off?

SG does not need to bring these questions up. OUR media team is shit,

How did we bottle it?
Please educate me here.
We didn’t win.
Does that automatically mean we bottled it?
It doesn't at all but these are the games that eventually lose you the league over the season never mind bottle or any other word not getting 3 points means over a season you don't win the league it's that simple

We may be overloading players in an effort to be the fittest team in the league.
We look very fit in terms of stamina and endurance but perhaps that is at the cost of muscle injuries.

It’s a fair question and if it is just luck then all the more reason to investigate it thoroughly to make sure.
The lay-off through lockdown has resulted in just about every team in Europe picking up muscle injuries.

Why?

Can they stop players from picking up injuries?

Yes, they should be aware who is at risk and if they can handle workload. Muscle injuries indicate that they aren't.

They are also misdiagnosing - Aribo was supposed to be fit for a game 4 weeks ago and is out till October, Roofe was expected to play today and is now going for a scan 4 days late.

Defensively we need to cut out the mistakes.
lol-guy-4f54fac-intro.jpg

How did we bottle it?
Please educate me here.
We didn’t win.
Does that automatically mean we bottled it?

Lack of intensity by the players they didn't seem to want it and as its happened a few times which does indicate the players do seem to miss that winning mentality

Yes, they should be aware who is at risk and if they can handle workload. Muscle injuries indicate that they aren't.

They are also misdiagnosing - Aribo was supposed to be fit for a game 4 weeks ago and is out till October, Roofe was expected to play today and is now going for a scan 4 days late.
You can't stop injuries from happening.

Aribo picked up a further injury and nobody said Roofe would be fit for today.

The only conclusion I've come to is that the only way to keep our support happy is to win 38 games out of 38. Simple really, cant believe we haven't thought of this sooner.
How thick are some people and is it deliberate? I'll try again. We aren't in a normal football environment in any way. The top two drop very few points and the current top team, Scotland's second force, drop hardly any. You don't have lots of banana skins, shocks or chances to regain points dropped. No one is concerned about an away draw, it is the context of dropping points.

What he needs to do is set the agenda in these post match conferences. Ideally it should be a game where we have won but had several dodgy decisions against us. At that point he raises the poor refereeing standards and keeps going on about it because as sure as fate these decisions are going to keep coming.

The only conclusion I've come to is that the only way to keep our support happy is to win 38 games out of 38. Simple really, cant believe we haven't thought of this sooner.
Fair officiating would help , then we might have a chance of winning all those games. We need to be good enough to win by more than one every week just to have a chance of getting a win.

We're Rangers however so we'll blame the team and let the disgusting officiating we get on a weekly basis be forgotten about.

Surely everyone can see that the way our games are done means we are far more likely to drop points than them?

Those who think we're Rangers and should win anyway really are deluding themselves. I include SG and our board in this as it clearly doesn't bother them.

He said on Sky we have a Big Game on Thursday

that annoys me its like that's all that's in his head we had a bigger game today Steven and bottled it AGAIN
I've noticed this a few times with him, it means more to punters and people in the game south of the border, not impressed with Gerrard at all and I will say this again I will be stunned if he makes it as a manager, far too loyal to certain players, can't see a change is required and when he does its too late, hagi was needing hooked at ht then started the second better and guess what he hooks him very poor decision making, I'm going to be harsh but fair, if he walked tomorrow I wouldn't bother too much, I don't see us winning 55 with him at the helm, I pray I've got that wrong

Tim’s went top there was pressure to get the win to keep us on top and stay level on points with them When they win their game in hand and we bottled it
No.
How did we bottle it?
That’s what happened and what the seers on here expect to happen.
My question, simply, how did we bottle it.
What is being used as evidence of this?
What is the difference between losing a game and being outplayed?
Is every game we lose, or draw, because of
Lack of intensity by the players they didn't seem to want it and as its happened a few times which does indicate the players do seem to miss that winning mentality
Okay, I’m no psychologist, are you?
Anyway if I were to ask “if the players lacked bottle, how were so many chances created?”
AND
“If it were bottle, how did we get ahead?”
Would you have answers?

Last edited:
He can only answer the questions asked. Our media team are shit. He can always say no comment but still get the point across.

q1. Where you disappointed the linesman never saw an offide?
q2. What was your view on leverage used on Helander for the 2nd?
q3. How is Ryans Ankle. That looked a nasty unwarranted scrape from behind, should be have been sent off?

SG does not need to bring these questions up. OUR media team is shit,

My guess is he’ll have told the RTV interviewer not to bring up the officiating.

No.
How did we bottle it?
That’s what happened and what the seeds on here expect to happen.
My question, simply, how did we bottle it.
What is being used as evidence of this?
What is the difference between losing a game and being outplayed?
Is every game we lose, or draw, because of

Okay, I’m no psychologist, are you?
Anyway if I were to ask “if the players lacked bottle, how were so many chances created?”
AND
“If it were bottle, how did we get ahead?”
Would you have answers?

Results tell you everything

Fair officiating would help , then we might have a chance of winning all those games. We need to be good enough to win by more than one every week just to have a chance of getting a win.

We're Rangers however so we'll blame the team and let the disgusting officiating we get on a weekly basis be forgotten about.

Surely everyone can see that the way our games are done means we are far more likely to drop points than them?

Those who think we're Rangers and should win anyway really are deluding themselves. I include SG and our board in this as it clearly doesn't bother them.
If you ask me. Except Livi, we've had a cracking start to the season. Had the offside been called and our last goal stood as it should we would be coming away 3-1 winners away from home against one of the better sides in the league currently. Granted we didn't but season is not over as some would have you believe on here

How thick are some people and is it deliberate? I'll try again. We aren't in a normal football environment in any way. The top two drop very few points and the current top team, Scotland's second force, drop hardly any. You don't have lots of banana skins, shocks or chances to regain points dropped. No one is concerned about an away draw, it is the context of dropping points.

Celtic dropped 27 points the last time they actually won the league in 2018/19. Dropped points in a total of 11 games, or 9 if you discount Old Firm games as you seemed to do earlier.

Back