Gerrard post match

Not sure what else he can say.

He knows where the problems are I think, the problem is they were the same problems as months ago, the area between midfield and attack

He had the January window to try address that. The players he signed to address that are then deployed into the same formation that creates the problem he’s trying to address.

I think if he isn’t given substantial funds this summer he might quit to save his career as a manager.
This board keeps trying to paper over the cracks rather than address the main problem, we have no quality and no winners apart from Alfie and Shagger.
This needs serious investment and this board just doesn’t have it.
Gerrard and the board would have discussed what funds he needed to do the job before any contract was signed. They both woukd have agreed and im sure gerrard got what he agreed to. If he cant do the job on that then the fault lies with him not the board.
Im not saying the board have got it spot on but its not their fault that the manager is holding up his end of the bargain

I think if he isn’t given substantial funds this summer he might quit to save his career as a manager.
This board keeps trying to paper over the cracks rather than address the main problem, we have no quality and no winners apart from Alfie and Shagger.

This is the bit no one is really prepared to face up to.

I highly doubt we’re going to see any wholesale upscale in quality this summer.
The club simply don’t have that kind of money, even if we sell Morelos and Tav.

So if we’re not able to significantly improve the level of player, do we trust that the manager can improve sufficiently to offset that?

It’s a really big ask.

Theres a rumour on Twitter that Gerrard has told the board if hes not given massive funds in the summer hes walking. The board less than impressed with him at the moment.

Like I said, just a rumour circulating dont shoot me.

Gerrard has lost the plot.
That performance was pathetic.
What game was he watching not the same as me that's for sure

This is the bit no one is really prepared to face up to.

I highly doubt we’re going to see any wholesale upscale in quality this summer.
The club simply don’t have that kind of money, even if we sell Morelos and Tav.

So if we’re not able to significantly improve the level of player, do we trust that the manager can improve sufficiently to offset that?

It’s a really big ask.

I don’t know if SG underestimated how big and how difficult this job was. I don’t think he appreciated how poor the squad he inherited was.
He has brought in early 15 players with a net spend of about 7.5m.
It isn’t good enough to make a dent and to make our team consistent.
The manager has been let down by a rookie DOF and a Board that doesn’t learn from their repeated papering over the cracks.
SG has come in as a rookie and made mistakes, however they have been highlighted more due to the mistakes at board level and at DOF level.

He got over 10 million which in Scotland is huge.
Our wage bill is 25million more than the rest of the league bar the scum..
He already had Tav Alfie ect.
There is no excuses.
What is Aberdeen Hibs and killies budget.
Clarke said his total squad wage bill is 35k a week.
Gerrard and his team should be able to coach our players get more out them.
If he can't then he should walk

Sounds like a Man with a lot on his mind.
Season almost done and still no proper first 11.
Wouldn’t be surprised if he already knows who’s on their way out.

Instead of buying players to give him other options during the Jan window, he bought replacement players for SA and AM ........he’s now sticking with the same players in the same ridged formation. The signings of Lafferty, Defoe, Greza, Sadiq have been horrific .

If the gaffer thinks that home performance (while still an outside chance of winning the league and putting pressure on Celtic) is “nearly alright” then i really do fear for him.
That first half performance was easily one if the worst i have witnessed from us in a long long time, square passes, no imagination, no players desperate to get in the box... no winning mentality.

Sick of retreading the same old ground and repeating myself after every game and all bears feel the same.

This season has been the gaffers learning curve (i was on record at the time as not being on the Stevie G express and thought at the time it was too big a gamble but have supported him to the hilt since he was brought in) next season he must have the players in place to win the league, to beat the Hibs, Kilmarnocks and Aberdeens of the world consistently and go toe to toe with Celtic or he will not see Summer 2020.

I don’t know if SG underestimated how big and how difficult this job was. I don’t think he appreciated how poor the squad he inherited was.
The manager has been let down by a rookie DOF and a Board that doesn’t learn from their repeated papering over the cracks.
SG has come in as a rookie and made mistakes, however they have been highlighted more due to the mistakes at board level and at DOF level.
Half his signing don't get a game.
Its not the board at fault they backed him.
Its his tactics formation and man. Management that's at fault.
We were still operating at a loss and using soft loans.
Its his job to get the best from players him and his team. Are failing

To be honest I've given up even listening to him just now. He needs to up his game massively. Perhaps needs to go and seek some advice from someone with a bit more experience as he's just not getting it just now.

The team were rightly booed to be honest. I know it's never a good thing to hear but can't keep throwing games away like this.

70%+ possession and we can't even beat Kilmarnock - this is frightening. Absolutely terrifying.

In June we knew it would take at least a season to build a title winning team. We are better than last year. We dominate games but haven’t got enough players from midfield to stick the ball in the net. We need a few more experienced players and it will come good. Gerrard will sort this out. After this season he knows the level expected

There is no excuses.

Not huge when it is spent on 15 players due to yet another massive squad clear out.
We replaced poor players with slightly less poorer player as the board don’t have the funds to get us back to where we were.

The fans frustration is due to Celtic wobbling this season and we wasted an opportunity to end their run.

This is simple in my mind. Get behind the manager. A lot of the football is decent. The current attacking players are not good enough apart from Morelos, but the budget has been pennies. He is the right man at this time. We'll see 4 or 5 additions in the summer and lets go for it.

No more sound bytes just make sure we are closer to second than third come the end, and no pumpings off the paedos.
Also, see the couple of mil you shelled into the Croatian and the Albanian for the left hand side, time to use it.

1. He did.

2. He didn't.

He's so far out of his depth someone should throw him a rope...

~~~~~~~~~
~~~\o/~~~

He's drowning.

Kilmarnock are a team of spoilers. If the ref is leanient they are tough to beat. Their players will chop you down until yellow carded. The ref didn't card their players for some ridiculous fouls today. Which gives them another opportunity to break up an attack with a foul. It's definitely a tactical thing.
If you think getting rid of Gerrard will change anything you're mad. We're 2 or 3 players short, simple as.

He’s getting boring to listen to, action is much louder than words and I worry he can’t chage it.

Kilmarnock are a team of spoilers. If the ref is leanient they are tough to beat. Their players will chop you down until yellow carded. The ref didn't card their players for some ridiculous fouls today. Which gives them another opportunity to break up an attack with a foul. It's definitely a tactical thing.
If you think getting rid of Gerrard will change anything you're mad. We're 2 or 3 players short, simple as.

Kilmarnock are spoilers, Hibs are spoilers, as are Kilmarnock, St. Johnstone... it's just an excuse. They were never rolled out when Caixinha, Murty or Warburton were in charge.

We are more than 2 or 3 players short. We are miles away, miles.

There is no excuses.
Agree, we pay our players / management 10 times more than everyone bar celtic.
Plus chuck in all the facilties , back- up etc.
Kilmarnock play on a shitty artificial pitch, they come to Ibrox and get a draw.
We are in a bad way, unless the recruitment is amazing in the summer then we have zero chance of the league next season.

Hopefully the bipolar world of follow follow will be on a high again in a couple of weeks.

Keyboard warrior loyal - I bet some of the messages were pre typed before the game started.

Long way to go on the SG Express but I’m still hanging on!

An extremely worrying interview after yet another baffling team selection and no show from his players.

There was nothing remotely acceptable about that performance. The first half is as bad as we have been all season. We should have went in 2 down.

He’s extremely fortunately Aberdeen have been dropping more points this season.

Hopefully the bipolar world of follow follow will be on a high again in a couple of weeks.

Keyboard warrior loyal - I bet some of the messages were pre typed before the game started.

Long way to go on the SG Express but I’m still hanging on!

Well we are that predictable. Many predicted today's outcome. Happened all season.

He is between a rock and a hard place at the moment, although he would like to criticise the players more he realises it is not the answer either to do it every week, he has got to say as many positives as he can under the circumstances. It would be easy to lose the dressing room completely and for us to slip lower than 2nd place. I will say what I have always said on here since SG came, it will be the last year of his contract before we put in a true challenge for the league and that will only be dependant on how much they spend and how successful who ever they buy are. We have still a long long way to go to get to where we all want to be.

Your help in the final third sits on the bench every week.

You fail to change shape, tactics, formation.

You continue to play with the same powder puff front three (Morelos not included but Candeias and Kent either side).
everywhere you go. Can't wait for you just to come out and say it

Theres a rumour on Twitter that Gerrard has told the board if hes not given massive funds in the summer hes walking. The board less than impressed with him at the moment.

Like I said, just a rumour circulating dont shoot me.
Just like the rumour that he’s has enough of Mark Allen? Which he knocked on the head at the recent presser.

Excuse me if I shoot the messenger.

I think he walks, he is in a no win situation.
Also I agree we need massive investment in better players, but I see nothing to suggest SG is the man to spend that money and get it right!

I’m not sure I really blame anyone.

The board didn’t have the money to go for a top drawer manager so came up with something different to fire up the imagination and hopefully reinvigorate the club.

It was a gamble, but it did appear to be working at first.

We also don’t have the money to bring in really top quality players, so Allen is trying to find value for money via other avenues.

You can argue the success of that, but we kind of are where we are with it.

We might get a couple of better quality players in the summer, but I doubt it’ll be much more than that.

The thing is though, if it doesn’t work out with Gerrard, where do we go from there?

We’ll be in the same boat we were last summer - unable to attract a bigger name manager (and each successive managerial failure runs the risk of branding us something of a poisoned chalice) or bigger name players.

I completely get the frustrations and I have similar doubts it’s going to work out with Gerrard now but, what choice do we have but to stick with him?

Maybe we just need to have a bit more faith for a change.

Or he doesn’t have the players to do it.

We don’t have 1 number 10 at the club or in my dad a Gaza (8)

He doesn't have the players to play 3-5-2, 4-5-1 or 4-4-2?

Bollocks.

McGregor
Goldson Worrall Katić
Tavernier________________________Barišić
McCrorie Kamara
Kent
Defoe Morelos

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katić Barišić
Candeias Davis McCrorie Kamara Kent
Morelos

McGregor