Gerrard post match

Im shocked. Absolutely terrified by that.

Ive not heard a Rangers team booed off like that since McCoist

He might as well just record the post match sound bites and someone can go out with a phone or tablet and play them to the media after each game.

That way he can use the extra time to try and come up with a different way (or any way) of winning football matches.

Not sure what else he can say.

He knows where the problems are I think, the problem is they were the same problems as months ago, the area between midfield and attack, the over relience on Morelos, I am not being overly dramatic here, but if Morelos wasn't about (like alot wanted, I remember the Sell alfie and bring in Cumdog throbbers) then Gerrard wouldn't be in a job right now.

The next window, and the opening 10 league games are absolutely crucial for us and his managerial career, that is barring any absolute hidings between now and the end of the season or even a run of bad defeats.

not alright at all. Yes we are getting done with decisions but no sign of the A game....what’s going on? Just awful....

He's finnished starting to talk a load of shite like pedro did

Glad he called out the blatant fouling and time wasting etc. but I want the strongest team out there at the start and him in there kickin shit about at half time win, lose or draw. A fire needs lit

I think break is coming at a good time for Gerrard, he needs to take a step back and think carefully about what he needs to do to fix things.

The quality of player does need improved but he needs to realise his tactics are not working

He knows fine well what he has aren’t anywhere near good enough but he can’t keep throwing them under the bus by criticising them post match, it’s kid gloves with players these days and it’s fucking wrong as they idiots are paid handsomely to do 90 minutes of football and if it’s not up to scratch then you need to treat them with kids gloves incase they throw there toys out the pram ... embarrassing

He can’t keep coming out and saying A, B and C are shite and it’s their fault. We know most of them probably aren’t what we require and Gerrard knows this but what else do you expect him to say

I think break is coming at a good time for Gerrard, he needs to take a step back and think carefully about what he needs to do to fix things.

The quality of player does need improved but he needs to realise his tactics are not working
Definitely, a wee bit of time for quiet reflection for all and the chance to implement change.

It wasn't nearly good, it was however really shit.

Count tdown to getting this done is on, we should stumble to 2nd, go and get a holiday and start moving on some of that absolute pish we seen again today. They'll do a job a job at a club in a lower league with lower expectations.

I’m totally uninterested in anything he has to say. He wanted a “reaction” and that’s what we got instead. He said he would “learn” and instead we got the same formation and tactics as before. Christ, if Arfield and Jack hadn’t been injured he’d probably have only made one change in the starting XI.

He’s out of ideas and is floundering badly and seems to be completely unable to get a grip of what is going so badly wrong. The players look bereft of self belief and confidence, we have no plan 1a never mind plan B, there is no fight, no heart and he stubbornly refuses to drop players who have fallen so badly short of the standards acceptable at Rangers.

What is frightening is that the club have no option but to stick with him. We need a miraculous summer in terms of recruitment and Gerrard discovering how to manage. We have 2 OF matches coming up for which TLB will have his mob fired up. Based on our meek capitulation to every side we’ve faced in March we could possibly be looking at a re-run of the end of last season and if that happens then there’s no way back for Gerrard.

He really needs to beat celtic Twice in the league to go into next season with goodwill

If we lose twice we're potentially 16 points behind minimum end of the season.

Europaeague qualifiers bound to be harder than last year, pressure is sure starting to build.

Sincerely hope he gets it right.

Its clear he knows the team is fu cked but totally pointless chucking them underneath the bus now so trying to say the right thing and nurse them till season end ,he can’t just keep slaughtering them game after game

I mean if he genuinely thinks that was close to an alright performance then we are in deep deep trouble

Sorry Gaffer we were very poor first 45.

Better last 30 mins but nowhere near the standard required if we are to get serious.

Its clear he knows the team is fu cked but totally pointless chucking them underneath the bus now so trying to say the right thing and nurse them till season end ,he can’t just keep slaughtering them game after game

I mean if he genuinely thinks that was close to an alright performance then we are in deep deep trouble
Element of this going on as well , no doubt about that.

Another interview that's full of shit tbh.
Qualifying for Europe was great but Gerrard can't dine out on that forever.
The reality is we haven't improved at all in terms of domestic football this season, it's ground hog day for another season.
Absolutely fucking scunnered with Rangers right now and it won't be changing anytime soon no matter how much backing we give the team week in week out, we are fucking shit.

Last edited:

It's obvious he knows this is far from alright but as you say, he has to get to the end of the season with these players.

I have no idea why people are upset that he says the same thing after a bad scoreline.
What do we expect him to say? Player A is awful? Player B&C will never play for us again? We've given up? Ibrox is closing next week? What has to be said and what will be done won't take place in front of a TV camera.
Like pre-match pressers, most of this is a waste of time filled with inane comments and questions. It's done to create views and sponsorship ads. You'll never learn anything from these clips so the content is best taken with a pinch of salt.
Post match interviews are good for one thing; a gloatfest when things go your way.
The guy was HAPPILY given three years a few months back and now his formations are all wrong but no one knows what the correct one is. His subs are wrong or wrongly timed, yet he subs on 60 minutes today and it doesn't get a win, so that's out the window too. His assistant manager is wrong. His assistant, assistant's manager is wrong. His defensive midfield needs to play 4 inches to the right. Jeez.
On paper we are little better off than last season, but on paper we should be better than we are. So, on paper means nothing. There is progress. If you are fixated on TIAR that success might not come fast enough for you. I'm firmly looking at 55 and we are closer now than we were a year ago.

I must have been at a different game, as what I witnessed was heidless chickens. What I did notice was the amount of Supporters that weren’t in their seats for the start of the second half, they too witnessed the Crap.

I’m totally uninterested in anything he has to say. He wanted a “reaction” and that’s what we got instead. He said he would “learn” and instead we got the same formation and tactics as before. Christ, if Arfield and Jack hadn’t been injured he’d probably have only made one change in the starting XI.

He’s out of ideas and is floundering badly and seems to be completely unable to get a grip of what is going so badly wrong. The players look bereft of self belief and confidence, we have no plan 1a never mind plan B, there is no fight, no heart and he stubbornly refuses to drop players who have fallen so badly short of the standards acceptable at Rangers.

What is frightening is that the club have no option but to stick with him. We need a miraculous summer in terms of recruitment and Gerrard discovering how to manage. We have 2 OF matches coming up for which TLB will have his mob fired up. Based on our meek capitulation to every side we’ve faced in March we could possibly be looking at a re-run of the end of last season and if that happens then there’s no way back for Gerrard.
ok im now out, you sir are completely off the mark

Nope. Not having it.

I'm still backing Gerrard to turn it around next season and honestly believe he'll be the manager who secures us 55.

But that interview is complete bollocks. That first half display was utterly disgusting and I had to talk myself into staying for the 2nd half, and I never ever even contemplate leaving before the final whistle.

I was expecting him to lambast that first half display and use some harsh words with it.

Can't believe he almost praised that performance there aside from the goal we lost!!?

Am outta here, need a cold can of juice.

I think if he isn’t given substantial funds this summer he might quit to save his career as a manager.
This board keeps trying to paper over the cracks rather than address the main problem, we have no quality and no winners apart from Alfie and Shagger.
This needs serious investment and this board just doesn’t have it.

Same old really, and you can switch off now knowing you’re not missing much.

I really hope he turns it around, but gut feel is we will be looking for a new manager by Christmas.

He really needs to beat celtic Twice in the league to go into next season with goodwill

If we lose twice we're potentially 16 points behind minimum end of the season.

Europaeague qualifiers bound to be harder than last year, pressure is sure starting to build.

Sincerely hope he gets it right.
There's no way we're beating them twice on the remaining fixtures.

Only one team's beating them, courtesy of a gift when the league is won.

I think if he isn’t given substantial funds this summer he might quit to save his career as a manager.
This board keeps trying to paper over the cracks rather than address the main problem, we have no quality and no winners apart from Alfie and Shagger.
This needs serious investment and this board just doesn’t have it.

And if this Board decide they’ve had enough of keeping the lights on we are well & truly fucked.

Back