Gerrard post match

3 key points or me

Even a 75% fit Jamie Murphy will offer more than Ojo. This experiment has to be put on ice for a spell, if Ojo doesn’t provide goals and assists he provides nothing. You can’t afford passengers in SPL away games.

Huge decision looming withTav. Gerrard is identifying the ‘silly mistakes’, but not punishing the culprit. The thought of Porto targeting our right side on Thursday is terrifying.

Canada and Nigeria’s gain this week was our loss - these two were way off it and should’ve been rested. Maybe time Arfield put his club first and chucked these transatlantic trips.

oh, and by the way, where the hell is Andy King?

He summed up what I felt as well, however on FF from earlier on this week, those of us who could see what could happen today, were proven unfortunately correct. However SG is the man responsible for putting those players out there, and most of us can see, some of the signings is like starting at least two men down. Players Have to have it hammered into them the pitfalls of Complacency.

Anyone on this board who thinks they know more than the management team are attention-seeking blowhards.

We move on.
Ojo and arfield continue to offer very little in the final third yet keep their places in the starting 11 and that is wrong from the management.

Last edited:

To be fair, every time I think the manager got his tactics wrong, subs, or personnel. SG will say it as it is.

He will analyse that first 5 minutes and take notes. He can't legislate for the opening 5 minutes. Not his fault regarding suicidal out balls or crazy school boy defending that put us in the position we were during that time. Players need to take responsibility. Stand up and be counted.

Anyone on this board who thinks they know more than the management team are attention-seeking blowhards.

We move on.
It was the management teams job to ensure mentality wouldn't be the problem. It was also the management teams job to allow Ikpeatsu the first ball while we won the second ball. If a ball is given air towards him there's only going to be one winner and you're out the game as Katic was several times including the goal. You win and lose as a squad and our management team are also het for a very flat performance with the team averaging 5/6 out of 10.

3 key points or me

Even a 75% fit Jamie Murphy will offer more than Ojo. This experiment has to be put on ice for a spell, if Ojo doesn’t provide goals and assists he provides nothing. You can’t afford passengers in SPL away games.

Huge decision looming withTav. Gerrard is identifying the ‘silly mistakes’, but not punishing the culprit. The thought of Porto targeting our right side on Thursday is terrifying.

Canada and Nigeria’s gain this week was our loss - these two were way off it and should’ve been rested. Maybe time Arfield put his club first and chucked these transatlantic trips.

oh, and by the way, where the hell is Andy King?

Ojo needs rested for physical games like today.

Aye fine will he drop him? Heard a rumour about Tav and why he’s off it but I’m not going to post it as it could well be bullsh*t. Whatever something is up even his crossing was rank.
We all have things going on in our private life's that we don't take to work with us. He is "off it" because he is c rap.. Think we paid 200k for him and that's about his level.

Ojo and arfield continue to offer very little in the final third yet keep their places in the starting 11 is wrong from the management.

Jones has been injured, Kent just back and barker not great. So I can understand starting Ojo. What I was disappointed with is the time he was allowed on the park. I would not have allowed him on after HT. Regards Arfield. He deserves his place. However, again. Dont understand why he got as long as he did before being subbed. He was well off the pace.

It was the management teams job to ensure mentality wouldn't be the problem. It was also the management teams job to allow Ikpeatsu the first ball while we won the second ball. If a ball is given air towards him there's only going to be one winner and you're out the game as Katic was several times including the goal. You win and lose as a squad and our management team are also het for a very flat performance with the team averaging 5/6 out of 10.

Kept repeating this today.
Just playing into their hands.

We move on.

aye , people forget sometimes that once they cross the white line , its up to the players , managers can make changes and influence games but the players must carry out whats been asked of them to their best ability , theres no way stevie told them today to go out and dont turn up for 30-35 mins

Then surely that's on him.He stated before the game he knew hearts would come out the traps flying yet done nothing to combat this.A wee bit a deflecting methinks.
Deflecting? The players started poorly, did they not? He commended them for getting back into the game. How anyone can either disagree with Gerrard or pick him out on this is beyond me.

Jones has been injured, Kent just back and barker not great. So I can understand starting Ojo. What I was disappointed with is the time he was allowed on the park. I would not have allowed him on after HT. Regards Arfield. He deserves his place. However, again. Dont understand why he got as long as he did before being subbed. He was well off the pace.
Stewart’s been in fine form and dropped out though I just don’t get how he didn’t start today.

Ojo and arfield continue to offer very little in the final third yet keep their places in the starting 11 is wrong from the management.
Please post your credentials that add weight to your opinion, if your a bricklayer, flip burgers or something other than devoted your life to football and see these players on a daily basis.

Normally you go to Tynecastle and know that you might have a problem or two.
But that Hearts team are rather shyte if truth be told.
They were prepared to fight for every ball, but that shouldn't be enough to take points off a Rangers team who want to win a league.
If you gift goals like some of our players do regularly, no names we know who is costing us then you lose points, simple.

Then surely that's on him.He stated before the game he knew hearts would come out the traps flying yet done nothing to combat this.A wee bit a deflecting methinks.

You talk some rubbish btw.

What can Gerrard do except tell his players they are going to be in our faces from the off. He can't go out there for them.

They shouldn't need told it's gonna be a battle anyway. I don't need my boss to come round before my working day telling me to do my job to the best of my ability every day.

Your wasting your self on this board send your cv into Ibrox, your tactical nous will be a revelation to the management team who live a breath football every day.

I imagine he hasnt missed them in the dressing room and rightly so.

Itll be interesting to see if he stands by these comments and actually makes changes to the team. We used to criticise Warburton for saying the same things over and over. SG is a lot more balanced than him but if he continues to select boys that arent performing for him , he can't really complain. It's the reason we have a big squad after all.

Didn’t see the match today but listened on the way home.

We seem to have a big problem with laying down a marker. We just seem to fizzle out when a big performance is required.

Our players have to find the answer soon as the Tims will smell blood again.
Your last two sentences sum it up sadly rather well.

No he didn't act even 1% like some of the fucking wallopers on here.

Everybody is disappointed with the result, some are just attention seeking drama queen wankers.

As one of the more balanced chaps on here what are your thoughts on Ojo?

Please post your credentials that add weight to your opinion, if your a bricklayer, flip burgers or something other than devoted your life to football and see these players on a daily basis.
Gies a break are you saying any player doesn't Go through a bad patch.

that's the only thing he's doing wrong pretty much,he isn't dropping the ones constantly under performing
There is, possibly, only one player, maybe two, underperforming anywhere near regularly and nobody constantly.

As one of the more balanced chaps on here what are your thoughts on Ojo?
Simply needs to do better.
I don’t know if his best position, in the long term, will be as a winger.
Oops, sorry, I thought you must have been quoting myself there.

Tav will cost him his job in my opinion, when Warburton stuck by him and he sold the cup final to Hibs with his defensive limitations it was the start of the Managers downfall and the same will happen if our manager keeps playing him in big games.
Never a captain won %^*& all and heart of a mouse he's the first one head down when games against us

It's always a dilemma when good players, who have done well in the past, go completely off form - does a manager drop them, or keep them in the team (for how long?) & hope they hit form again.

IMO we are at that point with Arfield, Kamara & Tav. Playing Arfield on the right is not helping him - he did his best work for us getting into the box - either put him there or drop him.

Kamara will lose his place to Jack when fit & he deserves to - he's been really poor this season.

Tav is simply having a shocker of a season - god knows where it's come from after last season, but he's not playing well at all, however I just can't see Gerrard dropping him for Thursday

Simply needs to do better.
I don’t know if his best position, in the long term, will be as a winger.
Oops, sorry, I thought you must have been quoting myself there.
He is better on the right cutting in but even on the right he has been poor

It's the managers fault pure and simple. He picks the team and is playing players based on reputation rather than form.

He needs to understand and fast that he needs a midfield of warriors and not players who read too much in the press about themselves.

Done the same with the Tim's in our own back yard.
He is slowly becoming part of the problem

Needs to do something about the players that aren’t meeting the standards.

This isn’t throwing players under a bus etc. It’s just doing the tough job that is asked of as a manager, otherwise it will eventually cost him his job (note: I’m not saying he’s anywhere close to sacking btw)

It’s nit a knee jerk reaction either.

Ojo has been poor for weeks - starts almost every match.
Arfield has been poor all season - starts practically every match.

He spoke of individual errors and lack of attacking threat/quality from full backs, yet we have these guys also playing almost every minute of every game. This isn’t a 1-off either.

Well what you going to do about it Stevie, drop Tav & Ojo, no way Kamara should be starting and much less finishing 90 min he’s a squad player at best, poor all round today, missed a chance to lay a marker.

Back