Gerrard press conference - after the Poznan game

I think he meant it as a compliment. However, I think it goes to show that there are two sides to the game, what journos and we see, compared to what the management ask from the players and what they see.

Very clumsy by whoever the questioner was, actually thought it was a typically shit question from the usual amateurish Scottish media, if it was a Rangers friendly guy he needs to give himself a shake and up his game.

By saying it was a 7/10 performance? Some analyst he must be. No wonder Gerrard put him straight.

I can see both points of view. SG looking at it on the basis of delivering on a game plan and getting the win without too much drama, but there’s no denying we’ve played better football in recent weeks.

Very clumsy by whoever the questioner was, actually thought it was a typically shit question from the usual amateurish Scottish media, if it was a Rangers friendly guy he needs to give himself a shake and up his game.
His work on Rangers is brilliant & far too informative/analytical for standard MSM. Read his piece on Jelavic today, great work as per usual.

He generally has a good relationship with the club, hope that doesn’t sour it.

It was poorly worded in the sense that it was totally understandable that Gerrard pulled him up on it.

On the other hand, 7/10 is probably about right for tonight. Maybe 8 max.

His work on Rangers is brilliant & far too informative/analytical for standard MSM. Read his piece on Jelavic today, great work as per usual.

He generally has a good relationship with the club, hope that doesn’t sour it.

His pieces can be good but he was piss poor with his questions and sniggering.

He’s a grassing rat and people say he is one of us. Another spiers.

He’s as much of one of us as is his mentally challenged pals in the media are.

I’ve seen this stuff about him being a grass on twitter a few times.

Can you explain why that label is being thrown at him?

Genuine question as I honestly don’t know.

Last edited:

All he meant was that it was a comfortable win without being at our best, it was the 7/10 thing that annoyed the Gaffer, but it wasn't meant as a dig, it was meant as a compliment.

It was poorly worded in the sense that it was totally understandable that Gerrard pulled him up on it.

On the other hand, 7/10 is probably about right for tonight. Maybe 8 max.

He could have worded it better. It wasn't the teams best performance of the season but you must be happy that you secured a win and another clean sheet.

I can see both points of view. SG looking at it on the basis of delivering on a game plan and getting the win without too much drama, but there’s no denying we’ve played better football in recent weeks.

For me that's downplaying Lech Poznan's performance. It was clear to me they'd done their homework and they frustrated the life out of us for the first 55 minutes, cutting off our usual passing lanes and keeping Tavernier and Kent quiet. Based on the two games so far they look a better side than Standard Liege, in my opinion.

I think we actually did really well to still find a way to take the game by the scruff of the neck and dominate the last half hour and find the winner.

A fine European performance for me and certainly more than a 7/10.

Against Feyenoord in Holland the BB was sung, Jordan called people out on twitter for it because we’d just been fined for singing.

Thus, he’s seemingly a grass.

Ah okay.

Not really something that hasn’t been done on here, and on twitter by others, a million times given the harm those songs in Europe do to the club.

Jordan Campell is one of us and along with H&H & Suck(FF)gets fan media access.

The way I saw it when I watched the press conference,he asked a legitimate question and I was surprised myself when Gerrard got spikey.Id imagine he was too and the snigger/laugh was just nervous kicking in thinking “sh!t,I didn’t mean to offend him there”.

The guys a young journalist in his early/mid 20s who’s a bluenose and produces superb content on the club.

A few folk on here need to lighten up,get a grip and stop being so bloody damn precious.:rolleyes:

Managers aren't going to put down their teams even if they don't play well, I thought there was nothing wrong with what he said,I thought Gerrards answer saying he must have watched a different game and thinking it was more than a 7/10 performance was wrong. 8/10 and upwards are performances against Braga,Williem ll,Porto and Standard away, did Gerrard actually think our performance last night was the same as the above teams. I wouldn't have scored it any higher than a 7/10, I'd say last night was the poorest performance out of all the qualifying games and the Standard game.

I must have been watching a different game too tbh because I thought we were far from our fluent best.

I’d class it as workmanlike with one moment of real quality in the game. Take the 3 points and clean sheet and look for improvement at the weekend imo

The management team get loads of satisfaction from a result where maybe we haven’t played too great, but the game plan went to a tee ... everyone is allowed an opinion, fans and media alike, but ultimately we don’t have a clue...

What would you rate it out of 10? 7/10 isnt a negative. It's simply saying that we no longer need to be putting in 9/10 performances to win in Europe such is our strength.

8, possibly 9/10.

IMO those saying we were below par are basing this on Poznan being the pot 4 side in the group. As I said on another post for me they looked better than Leige.

Back