Gerrard press conference - after the Poznan game

That’s great. Showed a bit of disrespect trying to tell the manager what rating that performance was. Just like the BT crowd, he clearly didn’t understand that the first half performance wasn’t ‘jaded’ or ‘lazy’, but clearly tactical.
I thought that was the point he as trying to make though - that our shape is so good they had comfortable possession without going anywhere and that we could win the game with a good rather than great performance.

The gaffer is pumped after a great win but I think he got the lad wrong there.

One to put down to experience for the journalist. The gaffer wouldn’t have done him any favours by sugar coating a response for the progression and development of the journalists questioning technique.

The gaffer left one on Campbell there, his question was fair enough I thought. Must’ve just rubbed him up the wrong way. It’s a big boys game and Campbell will be fine I’m sure.

Poor journalist obviously didn't bow before asking his question
No manager is going to agree his players were average after such a hard fought win

Cut Jordan Campbell some slack.
just a bit of brain fog on his part, because he was nervous, asking the Icon that is Steven Gerrard a question.
Lots of people end up slevering, and get tongue tied when they speak to someone famous
Like me and Liz Hurley (do you come here often Liz?)

Why are posters getting on at the journo (who is one of us) about calling out bb being sung at a game we could all hear on TV?
It should be cut out by the fans themselves, it's not acceptable anymore. It damages the club, as has been proven.

Just because the guy is a fan doesn't mean that he shouldn't call things out for what they are. Definitely shouldn't be labelled in the same category as that parasite speirs.
We don't cover stuff up as a club, unlike that mob across the city.
He offended the gaffer with a poorly worded question and got rightly slapped down for it. Also sounds like he realised he f.ucked up and gave a nervous snigger. He will need to work hard to get the gaffer back on side.
It was good to hear the gaffer not taking any prisoners. Keeps the journos in their place.

I agree with the point he was making, I thought we were well short of our best but we got the result with a moment of quality

It was just a poor choice of language used in his question but his point was valid especially with our first half performance.Jordan Campbell is a great journo and all his Rangers content in The Athletic is fabulous.
If the the H&H boys can invite him on to their podcasts you know he's a good bear.

Feel sorry for Jordan you could almost hear the sweat trickling down his arse when the gaffer gave him the stare. Don't know him personally but his articles are excellent and I wish him the best. Without wishing to be patronising and I hold my hands up if I'm wrong but I imagine he's relitavely new to a press conference setting. He didn't come across well on this occasion with the snigger but it made for some great viewing :)). As for the 'grass' patter, grow up that's ned behaviour. We have enough enemies in the media without turning on our own.

Wasn't being critical and he was spot on we weren't at our best and still won.

He labelled our performance as a 7/10, which is very much 'average'.

I think that performance - limiting a team who've scored 52 goals in their last 20 games, with last night being the first time Lech have failed to score in that run, never mind fail to get a single shot on target - was far better than 'average'.

I did still feel a wee bit sorry for the journo :D Skelped.

He’s a grassing rat and people say he is one of us. Another spiers.

He’s as much of one of us as is his mentally challenged pals in the media are.

Absolutely spot on. I wont forgive him for Feyenoord. Wasnt even there and used his platform to make us look bad. Cant stand him. You get bears fawning over him as well

I’m sure it won’t be popular but that’s a bit silly from Gerrard.

Campbell’s one of the very few pro Rangers journalists in the country, and to shoot him down like that when he’s making a point that anyone with working eyes would agree with - it seems a bit reactive and a bit OTT.

Keep that for the pape lapdogs.

Against Feyenoord in Holland the BB was sung, Jordan called people out on twitter for it because we’d just been fined for singing.

Thus, he’s seemingly a grass.

He is absolutely quite right to have done so imo although I'm aware this will start a full debate. That was absolutely idiotic.

He is a good guy, Rangers friendly and a very good journalist.

If you weren’t in Holland you could not hear the billy boys being sung that night. People need to remember how delicate the situation with fare was at the time, nobody (not even any of the ones who go out there way to hear such things) mentioned Rangers fans signing “naughty” songs that night, except for Jordan Campbell. It was naive at best and led to a nervous few days.

You could hear songs on the tele mate. Let's not be revisionists.

Who is the journo he ripped in the middle (2.44 in) of the presser? "yous didnae play well, 7 out of 10 but won" patter. Sorted him, great work SG.

Tbh, I don’t think it was justified

To suggest we were anymore than a 7/10 is strange as we weren’t great

Work rate was 10/10

But performance wise, 7/10 at most IMO. Their keeper barely had a save to make.

I think the journalist was actually complimenting us in that we weren’t at our best yet still won.

The only thing Campbell got wrong was that we weren’t close to 7/10 for the majority of that game.

I’m sure it won’t be popular but that’s a bit silly from Gerrard.

Campbell’s one of the very few pro Rangers journalists in the country, and to shoot him down like that when he’s making a point that anyone with working eyes would agree with - it seems a bit reactive and a bit OTT.

Keep that for the pape lapdogs.
It’s Campbell’s job for the Athletic to be just that.
if that was any other journalist then they would be slaughtered on here.

That was awkward viewing. Can see the point because we all know we got a good result last night while not doing much in the game at times. We didn't do anything wrong and stuck to the game plan and knew our chance would come.
The 7/10 I think probably gets the gaffers back up imo. Performance wise yeah at times maybe not the greatest but work rate was a 10 throughout. Probably could have been worded a bit better and fair play to SG though for jumping on it and seeing a chance to back up the players effort in securing a good 3 points against a stubborn opposition.

Tbh, I don’t think it was justified

To suggest we were anymore than a 7/10 is strange as we weren’t great

Work rate was 10/10

But performance wise, 7/10 at most IMO. Their keeper barely had a save to make.

I think the journalist was actually complimenting us in that we weren’t at our best yet still won.
The 7/10 is an opinion, which we are all entitled to. I posted the thread because the "journalist" came across like a mentally challenged in his first year at uni would. An erm, eh, stuttering ramble and 'yous' ffs. The journalists work rate and performance was nowhere near 7/10 never mind the 10/10 you mention.

Not what SG would expect from a top notch, bluenose journalist and treated with the contempt it deserved.

Jordan Campbell has always struck me as an intelligent and thoughtful guy. However, not sure that the purpose of a post game press conference is a vehicle for the journalist to offer his opinion and in the same way as others, SG would have little interest in Jordan’s opinion as he made obvious, by his response.

Owned by SG, totally put in his place by the gaffer.

The media must be shiting themselves when asking certain questions these days.

Don't know the guy but he mumbled that out and sniggered at the gaffers retort ,sounded like a 20 somethig just out UNI on his first assignment.
To be fair, I think he is 23/24 because he played with Greg Docherty so must be the same age.

Writing and analysing things from afar is one thing, asking one of the best midfielders of his generation a question in a press conference is another.
Welcome to the coal face.

Back