Gerrard Q & A - how did it go?

There isnt a Chinese billionaire waiting to buy us so make your peace with us having to live within our means.
I'm not looking for a Chinese billionaire - just an increase in our finances.

One thing which is keeping me slightly hopeful is the involvement of Julian Woldhart - but it's been quite quiet on that front. But he is someone who I would like to see step up and step forward.

Really ? I mean really ?? Easy to say now when we are a couple of years away, but I guarantee you would feel the opposite if it were to happen. I know I would.
Yes, really. Same as i havent given a shit about their undefeated season or back to back trebles. They arent that important to me. After the final whistle theyre just words on a page.

Having almost had no team to support a few years ago i can accept where we are.

Losing Kent does not worry me! He’s a good player and I like him but for all his tricks I don’t think there is an end product!
If we can get him on loan again then fine however a transfer of anything between £5m and £10m will be too much!

I'm not looking for a Chinese billionaire - just an increase in our finances.

One thing which is keeping me slightly hopeful is the involvement of Julian Woldhart - but it's been quite quiet on that front. But he is someone who I would like to see step up and step forward.
The clubs runs at a big loss every season, people are having to put millions of their own money in every season to keep the lights on.

We play in a tinpot league with bugger all prize money and thanks to the previous boards have been restricted in how we can raise our own income so without someone donating tens of millions there isnt going to be a significant increase in income.

Yes, really. Same as i havent given a shit about their undefeated season or back to back trebles. They arent that important to me. After the final whistle theyre just words on a page.

Having almost had no team to support a few years ago i can accept where we are.
Yes - but we can't keep dwelling on that. We have to move forward and face the challenges in front of us - and take our rightful place back ahead of these mentally challenged scumbags.

The clubs runs at a big loss every season, people are having to put millions of their own money in every season to keep the lights on.

We play in a tinpot league with bugger all prize money and thanks to the previous boards have been restricted in how we can raise our own income so without someone donating tens of millions there isnt going to be a significant increase in income.
Yes they are - but the contributions compared to their actual wealth aren't astronomical.

Sell Morelos for as much as possible and give him £15m on top of that.

The Board need to stop fannying about and start backing Gerrard with hard cash - and plenty of it.

There's no chance of stopping Celtic if they don't
Mate you're living in dreamland if you think there is any chance of us spending £30m this summer.

We probably do need to spend more, but we also really need to spend it better.

Yes - but we can't keep dwelling on that. We have to move forward and face the challenges in front of us - and take our rightful place back ahead of these mentally challenged scumbags.
We also need to learn from it. Borrowing massive amounts just to win the league isnt an option.

I dont want the club going down the shitter again in 10 years time when people get fed up of sticking in millions of their own money every season.

I do think we need to realistically spend £15m to challenge them.

A good proportion of that on a No10 and the rest on the front four. Far too many journeymen at the moment

We also need to learn from it. Borrowing massive amounts just to win the league isnt an option.

I dont want the club going down the shitter again in 10 years time when people get fed up of sticking in millions of their own money every season.
I'm not necessarily talking about borrowing mate. I'm talking about external investment, share issue - something to kick-start things and lift us up a notch or five.

Sorry - but the reality is that "within our means" is not going to win us titles.

It might be a nice idealistic plan - but the reality is different.
Out with our means leads to Green, Whyte and Ashley. That is the stark reality.

How was it the board's money ??

I seem to recall that ST revenue from US is a big factor.

The club still has revenue - the board are just topping up things to make sure the bills are paid.

And remember - it was THEIR decision to appoint Pedro and subsequently waste millions.

As I said, this board are not beyond criticism.
ST money is only ONE avenue of income. Our expenses are more than our income so who do you think funds this difference? Dave King has gone on record that he will cover any losses for this season. The solution is to get more investors (with money) and more commercial leverage. Until that happens WE NEED this board like it or not.

It’s a catch 22 situation the only way the club will make a profit short to medium term is champions league football but you need to spend first to get there.

We definitely need some form of outside investment to get into a position to win the league. Billionaires don’t grow on trees but we could do with someone putting in 20-30 million upfront.

Honestly also can’t see Gerrard hanging around if the budget is £5m or so net this summer. It’s looking likely Morelos will go but a percentage of that money might have to be used on other things rather than signings.

ST money is only ONE avenue of income. Our expenses are more than our income so who do you think funds this difference? Dave King has gone on record that he will cover any losses for this season. The solution is to get more investors (with money) and more commercial leverage. Until that happens WE NEED this board like it or not.
I guess my point is that the board are not funding the club 100%.

We handed them about £14m in ST revenue last season and we have funded them with sell out EL games on top of this.

So whilst I agree that the board are chipping in with their bit (which they can afford), they are not the sole contributors in this whole situation.

We handed them about £14m in ST revenue last season and we have funded them with sell out EL games on top of this.

So whilst I agree that the board are chipping in with their bit (which they can afford), they are not the sole contributors in this whole situation.
Are you really that naïve? Why should the board put in THEIR cash to a loss making machine even if they can afford it. This money they give Rangers is given expecting very little return on their capital invested. They put their money because they care about the club, same as you and me. "If I had it, I would give it"

Are you really that naïve? Why should the board put in THEIR cash to a loss making machine even if they can afford it. This money they give Rangers is given expecting very little return on their capital invested. They put their money because they care about the club, same as you and me. "If I had it, I would give it"
I get that. That's not up for debate.

They know the score. All I am saying is that by hook or by crook things have to change significantly. We can't go on like this.

I don't understand why they invest significant capital into the club and stand by whilst lack of leadership on day-to-day matters makes the club toxic and the manager's job impossible.
They care about the club enough to put money in but not enough to ensure the club's being run professionally?
The lack of the right kind of CE to champion the club's interests on and off the park will see us become another Hearts.

Can't believe people still think the board are interested in stopping 10IAR.

The board are interested in keeping the club out of financial ruin. Stopping 10 is a distant second to stopping a repeat of 2012.

They won't be throwing about the kind of silly money being talked about in here in a bid to stop 10 at all costs. Because it would literally be at all costs - including gambling the future of the club.

Last edited:
Yes they are - but the contributions compared to their actual wealth aren't astronomical.
I am 31. Dave King and Co are the first people in my lifetime to actually part with their own cash to run Rangers as Murray and the Spivs certainly weren't. Be grateful for what they have done and if they feel they can put more in then fair enough, but I certainly won't be upset if they can't.

Have you any idea how much it takes to run the Club, ST don't even come near to covering it

I don't understand why they invest significant capital into the club and stand by whilst lack of leadership on day-to-day matters makes the club toxic and the manager's job impossible.
They care about the club enough to put money in but not enough to ensure the club's being run professionally?
The lack of the right kind of CE to champion the club's interests on and off the park will see us become another Hearts.
It isn't toxic, the manager's job isn't impossible, and it is way far from being unprofessional. I normally rate your posts but this is melodramatic. Where you and disagree about the kind of leadership we'd both like to see is that I see it as something for sometime in the future, whereas you want it now; unreasonable in my view.

Not at all.

The reality is that the mentally challengeds are hurtling towards 10.

Another bunch of loans and frees isn't going to cut it I'm afraid.

Absolutely mate but we’d need major investment from somewhere that would let us spend £4m a player on a few players. In reality that’s extremely unlikely firstly those players would choose England because the standard is higher and secondly they’d not be keen on 3 plastic pitches and the quite ridiculously bad standard of refereeing.

Can't believe people still think the board are interested in stopping 10IAR.

The board are interested in keeping the club out of financial ruin. Stopping 10 is a distant second to stopping a repeat of 2012.

They won't be throwing about the kind of silly money being talked about in here in a bid to stop 10 at all costs. Because it would literally be at all costs - including gambling the future of the club.
Should it happen, come on back on here in 2 years time and see if everything is ok with the fanbase.............

2012 has been an gone. We've all been through the mire - but we HAVE to look upward and forward.

I would be interested to know how much our board are worth and how much they have invested.
While you are at it can you tell me how much each individual has available in Cash as opposed to assets? As you seem to know how much they are putting in compared to how much they have.

I would be interested to know how much our board are worth and how much they have invested.
While you are at it can you tell me how much each individual has available in Cash as opposed to assets? As you seem to know how much they are putting in compared to how much they have.
Fans are putting in more each season - approx £20m revenue is provide by the fans.

Fans are putting in more each season - approx £20m revenue is provide by the fans.
I never asked you that, I am quite aware of the importance we contribute.
You said their contributions compared to their actual wealth weren't astronomical, so can you tell me their actual worth or how you came to that conclusion ?

I never asked you that, I am quite aware of the importance we contribute.
You said their contributions compared to their actual wealth weren't astronomical, so can you tell me their actual worth or how you came to that conclusion ?
The amount of money they have put in overs the past few years has been welcome. But let's not kid ourselves on here. For their combined wealth the money they have put in is more than manageable to them. The input is appreciated but my point was that the fans put in more each season. That's a fact.

The amount of money they have put in overs the past few years has been welcome. But let's not kid ourselves on here. For their combined wealth the money they have put in is more than manageable to them. The input is appreciated but my point was that the fans put in more each season. That's a fact.
Very good, now can you back up your accusation ?

How much do you think they actually have and how much do you think they should put in?

The fans did help save the club, however it can't be used as an excuse for minimal progress every year... "look where we were 5 years ago"
I know as well as anyone how much work the fans put in and how they were the '4th' bear, but these guys have put a lot on the line for what?
Getting criticised off of experts on FF that mostly have never even run their own business.
They have no idea of the hassles. Ask anyone who has run their own business

The fans did help save the club, however it can't be used as an excuse for minimal progress every year... "look where we were 5 years ago"
Agreed mate.

Constantly looking back at 2012 does very little to take us forward and get us back to where we belong.

How much do you think they actually have and how much do you think they should put in?
It's clear that thet are not necessarily going to put in any more than the levels have been doing. That's fine, but my original point was that we need external investment/share issue due to this shortfall. My expectation is that the board need to arrange this at the earliest opportunity.

I don't think you are being 'disrespectful' to the board, but perhaps you are trivialising their efforts and the scale of the task that faces the club as a whole. You're a fan, and we're all frustrated, but I think we have to take any progress the club is making as something more significant than we sometimes overlook. Where the club has been and back can't be overlooked easily; we're still finding our feet in a relative sense.

£10-£15m spent on 3 bits of quality is the way forward, a degree of carefully managed debt could get us champions league football so the debt would be paid back.
Sadly if we repeat the formula of the past 2 seasons then we will achieve same outcome
Share issue in the summer, another good number of season ticket sales and European football will cover any debt.

It's clear that thet are not necessarily going to put in any more than the levels have been doing. That's fine, but my original point was that we need external investment/share issue due to this shortfall. My expectation is that the board need to arrange this at the earliest opportunity.
No, your origanal point is they weren't putting enough money in compared to their worth.
I will ask you again, how much are they worth individually ?

I don't think you are being 'disrespectful' to the board, but perhaps you are trivialising their efforts and the scale of the task that faces the club as a whole. You're a fan, and we're all frustrated, but I think we have to take any progress the club is making as something more significant than we sometimes overlook. Where the club has been and back can't be overlooked easily; we're still finding our feet in a relative sense.
I get that mate.

I'm saying that the status quo is not sustainable. However it is the board's responsibility to try and change things - bringing in external investment/share issue.

Back