Gerrard Q & A - how did it go?

‘Holding them to account’ is entirely fair and appropriate. Endless cries for ‘more money’ is not. They’ve dug deep and continue to do so. They’ve put a lot of cash in, some of it bought them shares (which may never increase in value) and some is still outstanding as soft loans. If there’s investors out there waiting to put money in then I’ve no doubt the Board will welcome them. I’m not seeing a queue though.

I’ve said endlessly we need to manage our way out of this. Making the right managerial appointments and the right signings is part of that process. They’ve made some dodgy decisions in that respect and get deserved criticism for it. Let’s not doubt their commitment to getting it right though and their desire to get us back where we belong, it’s just taking a bit longer than we all want.
I agree with all you say but what I will say is that yes they have put money in, lots, but they wasted more than half of that on Mexican imports that nobody knew anything about. A whole year of rebuilding absolutely shat up the wall.

That wasn't my fault or your fault.

And the Rangers board have some unhappy "customers"... I think you have only furthered some points made?
Record amount of ST would probably say you are wrong
So what kind of Business do you run, you forgot to mention it.
Our Board and the 3 bears are very very successful in their' real' jobs

I agree with all you say but what I will say is that yes they have put money in, lots, but they wasted more than half of that on Mexican imports that nobody knew anything about. A whole year of rebuilding absolutely shat up the wall.

That wasn't my fault or your fault.

Yup, my last para covered the managerial and signing ‘disappointments’, for which they are rightly criticised.

I simply get frustrated by the ‘magic money tree’ brigade mate. Passionate, no question, but decidedly unrealistic in their demands.

Don’t think anyone is laying any ‘fault’ at the feet of the fans though.

Yup, my last para covered the managerial and signing ‘disappointments’, for which they are rightly criticised.

I simply get frustrated by the ‘magic money tree’ brigade mate. Passionate, no question, but decidedly unrealistic in their demands.

Don’t think anyone is laying any ‘fault’ at the feet of the fans though.
Indeed nobody is laying blame on us, More of a reply to the "happy customer" quip from Robert.

Loyalty and happiness are getting mixed up here. The board promised to inject enough money to have us challenging and so far it hasn't happened. It may have had Pedro been completely overlooked - but it hasn't... it's us paying to go every week and watch a team that seems to get worse and worse.. If we come through January with any 30y/o+ Englishmen, I think this board might just be unbearable:D

Indeed nobody is laying blame on us, More of a reply to the "happy customer" quip from Robert.

Loyalty and happiness are getting mixed up here. The board promised to inject enough money to have us challenging and so far it hasn't happened. It may have had Pedro been completely overlooked - but it hasn't... it's us paying to go every week to pay a team that seems to get worse and worse.. If we come through January with any 30y/o+ Englishmen, I think this board might just be unbearable:D

You think we are getting worse? Can’t agree there. Forget the league table ,just make the judgement with your eyes and what we see on the pitch. This team are a million miles away from Pedro’s or Murty’s.

Loyalty and happiness are getting mixed up here. The board promised to inject enough money to have us challenging and so far it hasn't happened. It may have had Pedro been completely overlooked - but it hasn't... it's us paying to go every week and watch a team that seems to get worse and worse.. If we come through January with any 30y/o+ Englishmen, I think this board might just be unbearable:D
QWhy don't you inject £15 million or so, if you think it is that easy

I will always be happy being a Rangers fan, came through their nine in a row season, been a SB / ST holder since 1971.
We will win some and we will lose some, but I will always be there

Getting worse ? Do you go to games or just watch it on Sportscene ?

QWhy don't you inject £15 million or so, if you think it is that easy
You are acting like a kid.

The boards job isn't just to put money in, sponsorship, find investors etc.

I'm not sitting here demanding Dave king open ra warchest.

I could just sit and say imagine where we would be without them and bury my head in the sand.

Forever grateful to DK etc, however now is the time to put sentiment aside.

You think we are getting worse? Can’t agree there. Forget the league table ,just make the judgement with your eyes and what we see on the pitch. This team are a million miles away from Pedro’s or Murty’s.
We have more points than last year do we not, our run in Europe has drained the players and injuries in such a small squad has not helped

You are acting like a kid.

The boards job isn't just to put money in, sponsorship, find investors etc.

I'm not sitting here demanding Dave king open ra warchest.

I could just sit and say imagine where we would be without them and bury my head in the sand.

Forever grateful to DK etc, however now is the time to put sentiment aside.
Nothing to do with sentiment, to do with the harsh realities of Finance
Who do you think is waiting in the wings to donate millions to a Club that is losing money and stuck in a League with such a Financial straight jacket
Can you name me 3 people ?, infact just name me one and i will phone and ask them

Getting worse ? Do you go to games or just watch it on Sportscene ?

You seem angry, I have no idea why. We have just been put out the cup by aberdeen, and we had 2 goes at it too, draws and losses to Dundee and Killie amongst others

That's alright but cos we were pure shite in 2013 I guess?

We have gotten worse since the turn of the year, yes, I stick by that.

You seem angry, I have no idea why. We have just been put out the cup by aberdeen, and we had 2 goes at it too, draws to Dundee and Killie

Our points return in the league from our last 10 games is the same as the ten league games immediately preceding that - and three points better than in the first 10 league games of the season.

Nothing to do with sentiment, to do with the harsh realities of Finance
Who do you think is waiting in the wings to donate millions to a Club that is losing money and stuck in a League with such a Financial straight jacket
Can you name me 3 people ?, infact just name me one and i will phone and ask them
I can't have a conversation with you, constantly flippant.

Our points return in the league from our last 10 games is the same as the ten league games immediately preceding that - and three points better than in the first 10 league games of the season.
But the overall standard isn't good enough... I have no idea why anyone would say otherwise.

You seem angry, I have no idea why. We have just been put out the cup by aberdeen, and we had 2 goes at it too, draws and losses to Dundee and Killie amongst others

You gave up trying to tell us investors are out there, the Board just need to go and get them

The Board inherited a situation far worse than they expected but still appointed and backed a manager who turned out to be a failure As a result there is less available to meet what is needed now. We are heading in the right direction and our manager will bring us success The need to stop 10iar is a complication we could do without

But the overall standard isn't good enough... I have no idea why anyone would say otherwise.

But no one really is. However, there are some who see that it's a step-by-step process and it will take time, as unpalatable as that may be. There are also legacy issues that are severely hindering the process.

Agree on the Pedro appointment. It set us back more than a year. Then again, we could have appointed McInnes, for example, and not been any further forward in a footballing sense.

Last edited:
Folk wanting us to spend £15m plus Morelos tranfer fee? How long is it going to take for people to get a reality check and come back to Earth?

Even if we sold Morelos and Tavernier, we still wouldn't be spending £15m on transfer fees.

The elephant in the room remains the amount of money that the support spends to fund clubs that treat us with contempt.

Folk wanting us to spend £15m plus Morelos tranfer fee? How long is it going to take for people to get a reality check and come back to Earth?

Even if we sold Morelos and Tavernier, we still wouldn't be spending £15m on transfer fees.

People seem to forget that after you buy a player you need to pay his wages.

I did aye, when we had no money, a board full of gangsters and shysters.

Now is not QUITE the same.

As I said, we can only peddle the "we were crap in 2013 so this is better" line for so long.
So why don't you email SR and demand answers, He is a decent guy, he will probably invite you in

45,000 s/ticket holders pay £100 levy and it's £4.5m.

Of course not all can afford it be we need to be realistic and think of ways we can expand income streams.

Board are legends but not 'wealthy' in football terms and we must try and help them raise funds.

Mate what about a membership club similar to Barcelona?

We have 40 odd thousands season book holders but we also have , in my opinion , easily over 1 million fans worldwide and by that I mean people who identify as being a bear .

If we tap into that , and introduce a basic membership scheme , it could net us a small fortune .

I’m talking about old grannies and grandads, yer aunties n uncles , people who live abroad , who haven’t been to Ibrox in 40 years but would still play a small part .

£12 per year , a pound a month if you like , you get a Rangers pen and notepad with our fixtures in it, and a wee team photo calendar at new year and a Christmas card from the club . That’s it , basic , cheap but does the job .

I’m being conservative at 1 million fans but times £12 that’s £12 million per year to add to our budget maybe more .

Worth thinking about surely .

My conclusion is that I don't expect them to put any more money in for much longer. They've kind of indicated that anyway. Hence my concern and why other avenues need to be looked at.
I agree with you mate a don’t think this board have the finances available one way or another to win a league title

I agree with you mate a don’t think this board have the finances available one way or another to win a league title

If that's the case then we will never win it again. Theres no profit to be made for future investors, so who is going to invest?

Five pages of absolute pish,you want to discuss things about the board funding the club then don't hijack a thread that me and others would like to know how the Q&A session went,start your own thread about it ffs.

Fucknows pal isn’t ma job to find investment

i'm not saying it's your job - but you are saying the board don't have the money when in reality they are ploughing millions of pounds into a business that no body else would and by your logic, we will never win the league again.

Whilst I like Kent, he's not the messiah and has flattered to deceive in some poor performances recently and if Liverpool want too much for him, we move on and Murphy will return, Jones is possibly a better signing than first anticipated etc.

I'd be keeping Alfredo if possible and possibly cash in on someone else.
I think it is a necessity that Alfredo goes to properly fund a front 3. If Gerrard has made up his mind it is definitely 433 for us, we cannot go into a new season knowing if Morelos doesn't score, no one does.

Back