Gerrard reaction and Morelos goal

We should be pummelling teams like Hamilton.

Not relying on soft as shite penalties.

It's going to be a long season unless we start being more professional.

Looks like wee wanker walsh the referee is checkig his watch to see how long is left to book Alfredo Wonder who the 1st ref will be to book him for celebrating a goal in an empty stadium? It might just happen

I bet it doesn’t.

I thought Boyd was a great penalty taker. Absolutely rotten passer though, couldn’t even play a simple 5 yard ball to put Ferguson through on goal away at El Madrigal
Yes, he was rotten, but Morelos has a locker full of skills that because of the position he plays he doesn't require to use much in a game, but he can tackle, he can dribble and he can pass a football with some vision and accuracy.
Ironically, Kris Boyd was maybe in certain situations a deadlier finisher, although Morelos will create situations to score by himself that Kris couldn't.
Such is the complexity of a simple game.

Yes, he was rotten, but Morelos has a locker full of skills that because of the position he plays he doesn't require to use much in a game, but he can tackle, he can dribble and he can pass a football with some vision and accuracy.
Ironically, Kris Boyd was maybe in certain situations a deadlier finisher, although Morelos will create situations to score by himself that Kris couldn't.
Such is the complexity of a simple game.

I’ve seen Morelos play some great passes, perfectly weighted too. I don’t really get the stance people take with him and penalties, I’ve never seen him sclaff one. Just far too conservative and obvious with his effort in the CIS final which was poor. But most seem to have it in their head that he can’t get a clean strike on a stationary ball which I find disturbing and hilarious in equal measures.

Last edited:
Good thing fans aren’t allowed in, I could see our players losing all respect for quite a few of the them if they started huffing and puffing about players showing their support.
Keep politics out of football- I think for anyone in the West who didn't realise it before gets the message by now

It's quite curious seeing players, ahem, make the most of a tackle in what amounts to a pre-season kickabout behind closed doors.

Is it necessary? Does it happen often, even in these games? It seems so...unnecessary.

We should be pummelling teams like Hamilton.

Not relying on soft as shite penalties.

It's going to be a long season unless we start being more professional.
Have a day off ffs, first game in 4 months and you think we should be putting teams to the sword!??? Have a word with yourself

I’ve seen Morelos play some great passes, perfectly weighted too. I don’t really get the stance people take with him and penalties, I’ve never seen him sclaff one. Just far too conservative and obvious with his effort in the CIS final which was poor. But most seem to have it in their head that he can’t get a clean strike on a stationary ball which I find equal disturbing and hilarious in equal measures.
I agree.
Also in the final Forster stole a yard and it should have been retaken.
Morelos should be on the penalties full stop, but asking him to start to take them in the final was maybe the wrong time.
But it still should have been retaken.

Good run out and some decent chances created. I'll take the penalty all day long but if that's a league game he gets a yellow for simulation. Looking forward to the two French games now, just glad to see Rangers playing again!

Like, for instance, Kris Boyd?;)
Good point and one that blows my argument out of the water.
That said, the example is, if not unique then, for me, definitely in the minority.
Looking back at recent examples, I was never wholly confident with Kenny Miller, Jelavic, Mols, (I took a lot of stick for agreeing with McLeish’s comment about him at penalties) Dodds and, Negri.
I think the common denominator here is that they are all genuine number nines.
Players you wouldn’t play in midfield.

I don't agree.
I think Morelos is actually a very good footballer and has a good variety of passing especially under pressure.
He should take our penalties and with more practice in match situations, he will get there.
I always want my top goalscorer to take responsibility for a shot at goal.
I’ve seen Morelos play some great passes, perfectly weighted too. I don’t really get the stance people take with him and penalties, I’ve never seen him sclaff one. Just far too conservative and obvious with his effort in the CIS final which was poor. But most seem to have it in their head that he can’t get a clean strike on a stationary ball which I find disturbing and hilarious in equal measures.
I just can’t agree with you guys here.
I don’t have an exact science argument of course.
Everything I point to can be argued against, even by myself.
One thing for yourself DZ, you might find it disturbing and hilarious but, there are a few much wiser people than I who‘d agree with me.

I don't agree.
I think Morelos is actually a very good footballer and has a good variety of passing especially under pressure.
He should take our penalties and with more practice in match situations, he will get there.
I always want my top goalscorer to take responsibility for a shot at goal.
This has to be down to the individual.
McCoist wanted to hit them, Mols didn’t.
Derek Parlane would hit them but Derek Johnstone shunned them.

I just can’t agree with you guys here.
I don’t have an exact science argument of course.
Everything I point to can be argued against, even by myself.
One thing for yourself DZ, you might find it disturbing and hilarious but, there are a few much wiser people than I who‘d agree with me.

Who mate? If it’s people on here then I’d contest that :D

I just find it bizarre, we’re talking about striking a stationary ball. I think I’ve seen him hit 3 penalties for us now, scored 2 and missed 1, and he’s got a clean connection on all of them. Just that one of them was just too weak and poorly positioned and the keeper guessed right.

Who mate? If it’s people on here then I’d contest that :D

I just find it bizarre, we’re talking about striking a stationary ball. I think I’ve seen him hit 3 penalties for us now, scored 2 and missed 1, and he’s got a clean connection on all of them. Just that one of them was just too weak and poorly positioned and the keeper guessed right.
As I hinted at earlier, McLeish said it about Mols.
At the time, there were other examples mentioned, as well as the idea being ridiculed.
I‘m sure SAF was one of the coaches mentioned.
One thing I’ll guarantee here is that I won’t too often call FF posters wise. :)

As I hinted at earlier, McLeish said it about Mols.
At the time, there were other examples mentioned, as well as the idea being ridiculed.
I‘m sure SAF was one of the coaches mentioned.
One thing I’ll guarantee here is that I won’t too often call FF posters wise. :)

Ohhh I thought you meant Morelos specially! Yeah I must admit I don’t remember McLeish saying that but I also have no reason to doubt you. I don’t even remember Mols taking penalties to be honest, though pre injury he was a hell of a finisher. I remember him putting 4 past Goram with 4 real top class finishes, all of them very different.

Ohhh I thought you meant Morelos specially! Yeah I must admit I don’t remember McLeish saying that but I also have no reason to doubt you. I don’t even remember Mols taking penalties to be honest, though pre injury he was a hell of a finisher. I remember him putting 4 past Goram with 4 real top class finishes, all of them very different.
The McLeish one was after a penalty shoot out when Mols didn’t take one.
McLeish said “ some strikers don’t like hitting a dead ball.

So bizarre watching a Rangers goal go in with only a couple of claps of a celebration :oops:

Search his penalty against PSV for Osijek. Cool as you like.

He’s a dick, but the last penalty taker we had with a clean strike was probably Whittaker.
Tav had an excellent record with penalties initially to be fair. Scored a fair few before he started missing a bit too regularly.

Initial impressions of Bassey are quite good. He's athletic, but also built like a brick shithouse. When he was going in for the header at the beginning of the game, you could see that defenders will bounce off him at set pieces.

A real journo's "towering majestically" rote filler. :))

It’s a stonewall penalty. Doesn’t matter how the %^*& fall when you have both feet clipped from behind.
Ah ok. Was looking on my phone and it just looked like the player touched him with his arm and he fell over. Didn't see the feet getting clipped. I stand corrected

Good point and one that blows my argument out of the water.
That said, the example is, if not unique then, for me, definitely in the minority.
Looking back at recent examples, I was never wholly confident with Kenny Miller, Jelavic, Mols, (I took a lot of stick for agreeing with McLeish’s comment about him at penalties) Dodds and, Negri.
I think the common denominator here is that they are all genuine number nines.
Players you wouldn’t play in midfield.
I agree , I think strikers sometmes don’t like dead balls because they work off instinct. That’s why I understood what Mcleish said. However Alfie could play midfield comfortably and often he does drop deep get the ball on the turn and plays 30 yard switches. His passing is very very good and has improved a lot from his first season when it was still good.

I’m a subscriber on the Rangers TV app. Why can I not see the Gerrard interview etc on the app, only the highlights of the game?

Back