Gerrard Reaction Rtv

His face when David asked that question. Oh dear. Oh dear.

I'm not sure it was a poor question to ask but thats not the 1st question you ask, and you word it differently , start with what an inspired substitution Steven!

I think "morning David" will be retired for the rest of the season.

No it wasn't.

"Clearly you've drawn a line under the sitiation with the three guys who were on the bench tonight, it was great to see them back..."
Fair enough, I thought it was a question but it wasn’t. Gerrard has the right to bite back just as DE has the right to ask whatever he wants.

David Edgar normally asks the most original and valid point in his questions to the manager, he asks what we as fans want to hear and his question tonight was perfectly good and valid, he was unfortunate in my opinion to be first up because mid interview that wouldn't have gotten that reaction from the manager!! I can only imagine how he is feeling going by knowing him on my through heart and hand and listening to him and all contributors during their unrivalled, quality and quantity content!!

Call me some kind of fanboy or kiss a$$ if you want, I tell it as I see it and dont get thr negativity!! This is a great time to be a Rangers supporter!! Let's enjoy it!!

That performance and tgats the first question they ask
I liked the part where he said we could have scored more than 9

David Edgar normally asks the most original and valid point in his questions to the manager, he asks what we as fans want to hear and his question tonight was perfectly good and valid, he was unfortunate in my opinion to be first up because mid interview that wouldn't have gotten that reaction from the manager!! I can only imagine how he is feeling going by knowing him on my through heart and hand and listening to him and all contributors during their unrivalled, quality and quantity content!!

Call me some kind of fanboy or kiss a$$ if you want, I tell it as I see it and dont get thr negativity!! This is a great time to be a Rangers supporter!! Let's enjoy it!!

I would be very surprised if David took it as a personal dig,all to do about nothing.

BUT HE NEEDS TO LEARN AND LEARN QUICK :mad:B-D

tell you what, this thread shows you how ridiculous supporters’ attitudes to the media can be.

Patterson was the main human interest story tonight. I want to hear what the manager had to say about it, not be pandered to by fans with pens.

Well done @David Edgar - that question earned your privileged position covering games.

Gerrard was doing what managers do but i’d hate to think out club was becoming one of those clubs that demands fealty from independent media

No it wasn't.

"Clearly you've drawn a line under the sitiation with the three guys who were on the bench tonight, it was great to see them back..."
I've been critical of David when I've saw merit in it.
Tonight he made a very complimentary remark re Gerrard, the club and the lads. Clearly he used a few trigger words that upset Gerrard, but it clearly wasn't the tone, intention or context of the question.
I think if Gerrard hears it back he'll realise he took it the wrong way and over reacted.
I wouldn't be surprised if he apologized to David when he next sees him. Although I doubt David would tell us if he did.
I'm sure David might have worded it differently also, given the adrenaline of the situation and the likelihood of just that reaction from the manager to rush to defend not only his and the club's decision, but our 3 players. It's done. We go forward.

tell you what, this thread shows you how ridiculous supporters’ attitudes to the media can be.

Patterson was the main human interest story tonight. I want to hear what the manager had to say about it, not be pandered to by fans with pens.

Well done @David Edgar - that question was worth of your privileged position covering games.

Gerrard was doing what managers do but i’d hate to think out club was becoming one of those clubs that demands fealty from independent media
It’s a wee joke mate, calm it down ffs....we won

I thought it was fair, I only get one q and tbh if I hadn’t asked it it would have been a case of bottling it. I can’t say fan media don’t just ask fluffy questions then lob a softball in case I get a row.

Trust me though, I’ve seen him kill people in the presser, I’ll take my slap like a man and move on,

Still love him :))

I thought it was fair, I only get one q and tbh if I hadn’t asked it it would have been a case of bottling it. I can’t say fan media don’t just ask fluffy questions then lob a softball in case I get a row.

Trust me though, I’ve seen him kill people in the presser, I’ll take my slap like a man and move on,

He wasn’t angry Dave, just disappointed...

Well our Mr Edgar usually asks the best question in any press conference. Reckon Stevie had decided to give short shrift to anyone referring to that - someone had to ask it!
You gone yersel David: You and H & H do us all proud.

Edgar asked a perfectly legitimate question. Gerrard was a bit annoyed but he can’t expect to only answer easy questions. Some of the other ‘questions’ were embarrassing.

‘That was a good result Stevie, wasn’t it?’

it’s easily the equal story of the night. last week we were all thinking about how the boy must feel throwing away his rangers dream. this week he comes on snd scores with his first touch of the ball.

like i say, i want to know what Gerrard says about that.

Kudos

next time just give him the chic young”why are you so good” line,all will be grand.enjoyed the post match h&h on YouTube tonight pal

i know we did, i’m not the one piling on the guy that asked a fair question that was neither disrespectful or illegitimate or negative. Even slightly negative.
I don’t think it was a fair question but get what you’re saying mate. I’m only having a bit of a laugh myself. What a night B-D how amazing is it to have these debates after the shite we’ve been through

Edgar asked a perfectly legitimate question. Gerrard was a bit annoyed but he can’t expect to only answer easy questions. Some of the other ‘questions’ were embarrassing.

Totally agree, can't stand the generic post match shite you get from 90% of journalists. Adds absolutely nothing of note to the interview.

Next time start with Mark Dingwall would like to know....

I don’t think it was a fair question but get what you’re saying mate. I’m only having a bit of a laugh myself. What a night B-D how amazing is it to have these debates after the shite we’ve been through
i’m not having a go at you bud, just defending the lad a bit from the tone of some of these comments.

Great to be Bear all the time, because it means you’re Chosen, but it’s especially sweet right now B-)

Mate, fair play to you. Love the content you put out and there’s no shame to be sitting in there tonight asking any sort of question. Rather be hearing from a fellow Bear than Graham Spiers or another like him.

Suspect that most of us would have anticipated the first question, following such a good result, to have centred around the performance of the team. David Edgar’s question may have been legitimate but the timing was poor.

Back