Gerrard reaction when we won the last old firm

Albertz Loyal

Official Ticketer
Don't get me wrong, at the time I was loving it. It oozed how much he cared, I think it was also a massive out Flow if relief knowing that season was very much game on.

In hindsight, it really did send the wrong message to the players. It was more like a cup final win reaction. Told the players we've achieved our goal when the job was so far from done.

Personalally, I'm on the fence about him staying on next season. He's taken us forward immensely, but a league win is the only thing that matters. I think getting a new manager will be too much change on what is last chance saloon to stop 10iar, but also feel Gerrard still lacks that experience maintain a challenge for a full season.

Don't get me wrong, at the time I was loving it. It oozed how much he cared, I think it was also a massive out Flow if relief knowing that season was very much game on.

In hindsight, it really did send the wrong message to the players. It was more like a cup final win reaction. Told the players we've achieved our goal when the job was so far from done.

Personalally, I'm on the fence about him staying on next season. He's taken us forward immensely, but a league win is the only thing that matters. I think getting a new manager will be too much change on what is last chance saloon to stop 10iar, but also feel Gerrard still lacks that experience maintain a challenge for a full season.

personalally I don’t think a reaction after a match ages ago has any bearing on how we prepared for kilmarnock on a cold winters night.

The amount of times we have been destroyed there in recent years the manager and players were well within there rights to celebrate the way they did. Loved his celebration was a massive win at the time. To me has no bearing on how crap we have been since we came back. Need to enjoy they wins when they happen they don’t come about very often!

We hadn't won there in almost 10 years so I think the celebration was more to do with that than anything else, also the fact that the players beat them after what happened in the cup final as the pressure was building.

The filth celebrated like that after their win at Ibrox

Last edited:
I don't blame him for that celebration. We all did the same. You'd have to be 1 stoic bastard not to get carried away with that result & performance.

The players should know better after the meltdown after last seasons winter break though. There's other issues at hand for our downfall. That celebration isn't 1 IMO.

Oooh personalally

chewin-the-fat-5adf577a-e25a-4c09-9f76-2ca00818cb9-resize-750.jpeg

In the heat of the moment it was understandable and we all loved it at the time.

If you can’t live with moments in football being used against you by rivals supporters then you need to find another sport.

It was OTT. It was a big win (at the time) but, as has been proved, it is meaningless on its own. We moan about teams like the sheep and Killie celebrating when they beat us like they’ve won a cup yet our own manager did exactly the same thing at the piggery. I hope he’s now thoroughly embarrassed and will learn a lesson.

Plenty of things I am sure we and he would want to change if given a chance. Celebrating a big win at the home of your biggest rivals is not one of them.

OTT at the time.

Majorly embarrassing now.

And you just know Lennon or Brown is going to do it to the nearest camera as a GIRFUY when they seal the league.

It was OTT. It was a big win (at the time) but, as has been proved, it is meaningless on its own. We moan about teams like the sheep and Killie celebrating when they beat us like they’ve won a cup yet our own manager did exactly the same thing at the piggery. I hope he’s now thoroughly embarrassed and will learn a lesson.

Do you think if he just shakes hands and goes up the tunnel the following weeks play out any different?

If you do then seek help.

At the time he celebrated like every Rangers fan on the planet, I was showered in lager going ballistic in the Louden.

It will come back and bite him on the arse though, the mentally challengeds are already having a field day with it.

Oh piss off,Lennon ran down the touchline and his team did that stupid Euro dance thing in the corner with their fans when they beat us ffs!

When was that, when they won at Ibrox? So if we were 10 points clear now they'd look pretty stupid, no?

They have celebrated in much the same fashion when they have been routinely beating us over the past years. Dont see anything wrong in the way we celebrated

A manager who celebrates a dominant win with passion against biggest rivals should be embarrassed. Jesus fkn christ. :rolleyes:

I would personally like to see more of those type of celebrations from the manager. We might need to win a game first mind you.

Look at the behaviour of Lennon and Broon in recent old firm games. Gerrard did nothing wrong. Better to let it out than keep it in.

Every one loved it at the time. Some were still celebrating a week after the win so you can't have a go at Gerrard for that.

Lennon probably made his players watch it over and over again then demanded for it to never happen again.

He and the players were well within their rights to celebrate & enjoy that victory. They should have then knuckled down and focused on ensuring we capitalised on it in the new year - instead we've folded.

Quite right he celebrated, as did every one of us on here. 10 years of frustration lifted.

I had the best day out in a long time on the back of it, it was party time and I was in the face of every Tim i know celebrating it.

Who knew what was round the corner :(

Can't understand the manager getting stick for that celebration. If he'd just clapped the fans then disappeared down the tunnel, the same people would probably be saying he didn't show enough passion.

Some amount of excuses getting made for the players.

Fact is if they can't show they required attitude then that's their fault as it is in any job the world over.

Nothing wrong with his celebration.

We'd just won at our most difficult venue for the first time in almost a decade, in the face of the worst cheating we've ever seen in a game of football.

This 'celebrating too much' thing that has crept in the last couple of years is boring.

If not Gerrard, who?

This.....

His reaction was perfectly normal and anyone saying the opposite is at it.

The manager,as you say,has improved us immensely and is gaining the experience you think he lacks with every passing game.

We have more points at this stage of the season than we had when winning our last three titles!

Every supporter is disappointed by the manner in which we've played and dropped points since the break,the manager will be feeling it as much as anyone. Sometimes though, you have to take into account the form of your rivals and much as it pains me to say it, they have been the model of consistency this season.winning every game,except against us on Dec 29, since October.

Steven Gerrard is the man for the job.

"I hope he's now thoroughly embarrassed"

Ffs

Nooo, it was the WAY he celebrated and the over-exuberance. Jesus fkn Christ :rolleyes:

You're being a wee bit over-exhuberant yourself there saying you hope he's embarrassed with himself. Maybe he is & it might well be deservedly so but to say you hope he is... c'mon mate. Give yourself a break, never mind us.

He looks like an idiot plain and simple.

He celebrated like we had actually won something.

I said directly after the game he'll look foolish if we fu.ck this up.. I never thought we'd %^*& it up by Febuary.

OTT at the time.

Majorly embarrassing now.

And you just know Lennon or Brown is going to do it to the nearest camera as a GIRFUY when they seal the league.

First win there in a decade , first home defeat for yahoo in 18 months , put us in touching distance of top spot ...... but FF has decided we were wrong to celebrate .

What a load of garbage .

We have enough problems just now without this codswallop .

You're thinking far too deeply about this. It was a natural reaction and an expression of joy/relief. Is he supposed to rein it in incase things go tits up at a future date and he'll/we'll look stupid? Better not celebrate any result/goal then.

I’ve seen some crazy and wild things over the years on here but micro analysis of a celebration at the piggery to be the root of our lack of form has to be close to the top.:eek:o_O

You are the w*nkers w*nker.

One of these celebrations we love but if Lennon had done it we would have complained about it. Can’t say I didn’t enjoy it though.

Back