Gerrard reaction when we won the last old firm

The mentally challenged media agenda and propaganda appears on FF.

No, we were perfectly entitled to celebrate after the disgraceful way we were robbed of a trophy and after nearly a decade without winning there.

It’s had nothing to do with our form being shite since. Daft suspensions, key injuries and loss of form and confidence have caused our problems since.

Oh come on. Isn't that what football is all about? Celebrating big wins, getting caught up in the moment?

He didn't do anything untoward or offensive, he showed his joy. Bloody hell, if we stop doing that then the game is moot. You're telling me, even if we were still behind them as much as we are now, you won't be going tonto if we scored/beat them in March?

When was that, when they won at Ibrox? So if we were 10 points clear now they'd look pretty stupid, no?
Yes.
If you can’t celebrate beating your rivals in their own midden we may as well chuck it.
We hadn’t won their in 10 years and had took some hefty beatings since.
Gerrard quite rightly celebrated.

The day I worry about what a support who fund the biggest paedo ring in football think is the day hell will freeze over.

Amid a myriad of things to have our underwear enmeshed about just now, this is possibly bottom of the list for me.

Life would be helluva boring if we constantly live in fear of what a spur of the moment reaction might mean a couple of months down the line.

Oh and %^*& Celtc, %^*& their manager and %^*& their Lego devouring goonies extra captain. It will be a cold day in hell when I let them dictate how I celebrate a win over them, and it should be the same for our managers and players.

I will be more than happy if he does the same when we beat them at the next meeting with them at Ibrox even if we are out of the title race,getting it up the rancid bast*rds every time we beat them is what makes life worth living for.

Don't get me wrong, at the time I was loving it. It oozed how much he cared, I think it was also a massive out Flow if relief knowing that season was very much game on.

In hindsight, it really did send the wrong message to the players. It was more like a cup final win reaction. Told the players we've achieved our goal when the job was so far from done.

Personalally, I'm on the fence about him staying on next season. He's taken us forward immensely, but a league win is the only thing that matters. I think getting a new manager will be too much change on what is last chance saloon to stop 10iar, but also feel Gerrard still lacks that experience maintain a challenge for a full season.

Jesus. Brilliant insight.

We've not won at the scum for nearly a decade and you question the Gaffer's celebration.

You prefer Lennon's mild-mannered response when he beats Rangers?

Feck me, the ones claiming it was OTT were 100% not thinking that at the time. If you claim you were then you are talking crap.

He felt the way the rest of us felt. It was brilliant to see a manager who cared and got it, something we hadn't seen in many years.

Don't get me wrong, at the time I was loving it. It oozed how much he cared, I think it was also a massive out Flow if relief knowing that season was very much game on.

In hindsight, it really did send the wrong message to the players. It was more like a cup final win reaction. Told the players we've achieved our goal when the job was so far from done.

Personalally, I'm on the fence about him staying on next season. He's taken us forward immensely, but a league win is the only thing that matters. I think getting a new manager will be too much change on what is last chance saloon to stop 10iar, but also feel Gerrard still lacks that experience maintain a challenge for a full season.

No it wasn't.

Christ almighty, first win in nearly 10 years at the Piggery, a referee who did his level best to fúck us over including allowing the Tims a penalty, a handball goal & sending off his best player AND his right hand man and you expect him not to display an outpouring of joy ?

My old man said this at the time and I argued along the lines of some above.

he said it again yesterday and this time he added “The worst thing we could have done to Celtic that day is make it look like we expected to win. It was routine. That would have crushed them.”

he was totally right

Hindsight is 20/20. I'd have been concerned at the time if the Manager wasn't celebrating the first win at Parkhead to be honest

I don't think anyone thinks he shouldn't have celebrated (def not what I'm saying)

But grabbing the camera, you wouldn't catch klopp doing that

Sick of this shite. Fans absolutely terrified of mentally challengeds laughing at them. I assume these fans moaning about Gerrard looking happy after the OF were all just about getting over us celebrating defeating the mentally challengeds in the Semi Final under Warburton.

I don't think anyone thinks he shouldn't have celebrated (def not what I'm saying)

Mate, don't talk utter p*sh.

Klopp took the whole team down to the front of the Kop whilst holding hands and doing that 'cheer with the crowd as we raise our arms' thing after DRAWING with West Brom.

If you're going to use Klopp's actions as a way to have a dig at Gerrard at least try and think first.

We hadn't won there in almost 10 years so I think the celebration was more to do with that than anything else, also the fact that the players beat them after what happened in the cup final as the pressure was building.

The filth celebrated like that after their win at Ibrox
The filth celebrated like that after beating Hamilton ffs.

Klopp led his players to celebrate at the Kop after drawing 2-2 with West Brom at Anfield so let's not talk pish here

He looks like an idiot plain and simple.

He celebrated like we had actually won something.

I said directly after the game he'll look foolish if we fu.ck this up.. I never thought we'd %^*& it up by Febuary.
You must've been a joy in the aftermatch celebrations.

My old man said this at the time and I argued along the lines of some above.

he said it again yesterday and this time he added “The worst thing we could have done to Celtic that day is make it look like we expected to win. It was routine. That would have crushed them.”

he was totally right
He wasn't.

You must've been a joy in the aftermatch celebrations.

Huge difference between being a fan and being the manager of Rangers.

I dont think I've ever seen any successful Rangers manager celebrate like that after winning a trophy never mind winning a game.

He lost his head which is fine but when you run the length of the pitch jumping about like a mad man you better be able to back it up.

He wasnt so animated as both the game and the league title were slipping away on Wenesday night.. in fact he froze and done fu.ck all about it.

Are you Hugh Keevins?
Cos this is some Keevins level garbage.

Winning at Ibrox last season, for the first time since we were promoted, was a landmark. We are on our way back to where we belong.
Winning at Parkhead in December was another one of those landmark moments. We are getting closer to where we want to be.

OK. We are not there yet. We are going in the right direction at least.

Yes. We should celebrate. Players and managers. That's what we want to see.
We want our team going to Parkhead next time hungry for that same feeling.

I hate this turning round in hindsight and trying to downplay our improvements because actually we've decided that we want the league and we want it RIGHT NOW.

I get the impression here that had we won the League Cup but then had the same, or worse, results in the league that many on here would move on to a Keevins-esque "but the league is the big one" and slag us off for celebrating a League Cup win like we'd won the champions league.

Even the improvement in Europe gets played down by people saying it's just a bonus or a sideshow or, get this, that it might even be better for us to get put out because we won't be distracted.

It would be madness to roll the dice on a new manager next season.
2018/19 was better than 17/18 by a significant distance.
Now 2019/20 has been better than 18/19 by some distance too.

I'd say we are more likely to improve again next season than to not improve. So we need to stick with that.

The main thing we should be looking at from Gerrard now is if he can stop this slump and turn it around. If we continue to spiral and go out of Europe with a whimper, lose the cup game vs Hearts and fall even further behind in the league then we would for sure need to ask questions.

We are not yet at the point where a different manager is a reasonable consideration and "a league win is all that matters" is an unreasonable reason to fire a manager who is improving the side.

I think some on here do not realize the gulf that still exists between us and them.
This is going to take a lot more time than "we need to win the league ASAP" allows for.

After the way that game was “officiated” I think his reaction to as natural and showed how much it meant to him.

Dragging this into Wednesdays carry on is a bit much tbh.

The manager is due criticism after Rugby Park, but not for his reaction on the 29th.

Mate, don't talk utter p*sh.

Klopp took the whole team down to the front of the Kop whilst holding hands and doing that 'cheer with the crowd as we raise our arms' thing after DRAWING with West Brom.

If you're going to use Klopp's actions as a way to have a dig at Gerrard at least try and think first.

Klopp has sprinted right down the touch line like he just scored the winner in a World Cup final, passion can make you do strange things.

Folk are just looking for things to beat the manager with now

The similarities of the scum mindset with some on this forum is unreal.

'He's taken us forward immensely'

Your words, but you are on the fence regarding him staying next season?

Immense post.

Looking back it wasn't a really good idea considering what we know now but I defy any of you to say you wouldn't have celebrated exactly the same given the circumstances. I'd have gone further in fact.

It's easy to just on him in hindsight but at the time it was brilliant and there's a lot to be said for living in the moment

Mad thread, who cares if the mentally challengeds are lapping it up, at the time it was a sheer burst of emotion and I loved it at the moment and was myself doing much worse. No bearing at all on how we are playing now.

It was OTT. It was a big win (at the time) but, as has been proved, it is meaningless on its own. We moan about teams like the sheep and Killie celebrating when they beat us like they’ve won a cup yet our own manager did exactly the same thing at the piggery. I hope he’s now thoroughly embarrassed and will learn a lesson.

Thoroughly embarassed? Really?

It was OTT. It was a big win (at the time) but, as has been proved, it is meaningless on its own. We moan about teams like the sheep and Killie celebrating when they beat us like they’ve won a cup yet our own manager did exactly the same thing at the piggery. I hope he’s now thoroughly embarrassed and will learn a lesson.

Oh %^*& off with this pish, they've been rubbing it in our face at Ibrox and Parkhead for years, look at them including Lennon after the 1st game at Ibrox.

OTT at the time.

Majorly embarrassing now.

And you just know Lennon or Brown is going to do it to the nearest camera as a GIRFUY when they seal the league.

Away you go, it happened seconds after a bust up between the 2 benches when his coach was sent off and we'd just won there for the 1st time in a decade and had witnessed and overcome one of the most ridiculous refereeing performances you'll ever see and adrenaline was pumping, OTT my arse.

Oh %^*& off with this pish, they've been rubbing it in our face at Ibrox and Parkhead for years, look at them including Lennon after the 1st game at Ibrox.
Your argument being that we should act the same way as the mentally challengeds?

No thanks. I'd prefer our club to have a bit of dignity

This has become really tiresome.

Let's stop underplaying it. It's no different to the Tims and their various laps of honour over the years after any victory over a poor Rangers side. Why some of us and the media continue to scrutinise that reaction against a context of us having won nothing yet is sad.

It was our first win at a ground we hadn't won at in 10 years and in doing so got us back into a credible position to challenge.

Im guessing everyone calling him an embarrassment were all level headed when the full time whistle blew when we won there for the first time in nearly a decade and put ourselves in a great position to mount a serious title challenge?

Feck me, the ones claiming it was OTT were 100% not thinking that at the time. If you claim you were then you are talking crap.

He felt the way the rest of us felt. It was brilliant to see a manager who cared and got it, something we hadn't seen in many years.
The reason he celebrated so much is because a major psychological barrier had been lifted and nothing to do with winning the league,it's been a long time coming so every reason to celebrate but no one was ever claiming that it was a given,from fans,maybe one or two players should've kept their mouths shut.

Im guessing everyone calling him an embarrassment were all level headed when the full time whistle blew when we won there for the first time in nearly a decade and put ourselves in a great position to mount a serious title challenge?

People comparing the fans reactions to the managers are being daft.

As a manager, if you're going to lose the head and run the length of the pitch going mental you need to follow it up with results.

The manager froze on Wednesday night and watched the game and the title slip away.. of course he looks stupid.

If it was rolls revered we'd be ripping the piss out if them for that celebration then going on to drop 8 points in 6 games.

Back