Gerrard reflects on three years at Ibrox

"I'll be immensely proud of what we achieved, I'll reset myself and do whatever I need to do in the background to try and make this group as strong and competitive as I can," he said.

"I'm as ambitious as anyone connected to this club. I want to try and get this club Champions League football and to defend our title with our life, and I want to put the cup thing right as it doesn't sit well with me.

"I want to come back in pre-season with a fair chance of being successful, that's all I ask for. Hopefully, the board will support me on that and we go again."

He really is relentless. That's good news for us.

Love him to bits and it’ll be a very sad day when he leaves, probably the biggest and best appointment in my generation for what he’s done and let’s hope he builds on it, it’ll never be repeated in my lifetime someone so high profile and loved across the world, never.

Key words there was reiterating to the board give him a chance and don’t sell everybody in the summer. 1 or 2 and let’s go again.

Knew when I heard/saw his first interview he was the right man. Just hearing his words, seeing the determination in his eyes made me think " he gets it, he knows what he's doing". Since then, his desire, demeanour, determination, and his recruitment have been there for all to see and admire. After his first necessary revamp of the team, each season we've got better, culminating in 55, probably ahead of time in truth. We're still a work in progress, he's not happy about the cup thing "doesn't sit well with me" & I'm sure the team will be tweaked again this summer to add a bit more quality. The man's not feart to admit mistakes either, all in all a Class Act.
Rangers Class.

It’s always great listening to Stevie G, talking about the cups and next season, that gave me goosebumps! A simple message with massive connotations. B-D

The Manager has been fantastic for our club. He has taken us back to the top and raised our profile and credibility across Europe. I have to admit when we drew 0~0 with Livvi early on I was worried we wouldn’t raise our game enough to win the league.
How wrong I was!

So much man love for Stevie G!! I hope he is here for another 2 or 3 years (longer is asking too much) to take us to the next level. I genuinely think there are only two reasons why he would leave us, family and the Liverpool job. Let's hope Alex is happy and Jürgen keeps his job.

"I'll be immensely proud of what we achieved, I'll reset myself and do whatever I need to do in the background to try and make this group as strong and competitive as I can," he said.

"I'm as ambitious as anyone connected to this club. I want to try and get this club Champions League football and to defend our title with our life, and I want to put the cup thing right as it doesn't sit well with me.

"I want to come back in pre-season with a fair chance of being successful, that's all I ask for. Hopefully, the board will support me on that and we go again."

He really is relentless. That's good news for us.

We talk about Rangers standards & others let them slip so so far SAB, but this legend has us aiming where any great Rangers team over the years were aiming.

Steven Gerrard.

He’s made Rangers great again.

We fear losing him as our manager but lets be honest, apart from Liverpool is there any real contenders out there that would give him what he'd get at a successful Rangers?

He has so many more challenges to overcome he'll never be bored for the foreseeable:

League Cup
Scottish Cup
Champions League qualification
Champions League Group stages
Ten in a row

Back