Gerrard says Joe Aribo "has the world at his feet"

Now that biscuit hips has been punted, we have two players that are more sellable assets than any they have.
Aribo is a gem and Alfie will top the scoring chart.
The SMSM know this and are to fucking cowardly to put fingers on typewriters to admit it.
Our squad is strong and comparable to them, they will be in for a fright.

It doesn’t matter how much the mhedia try and play down their prices . Gaffer knows their quality and will set price accordingly . We will not be short changed under his watch .

There are a lot of similarities with him and van Dijk. He just strolls the SPL without getting out of 3rd gear, much in the same way that van Dijk did.

He could be the SPFLs first +£30m export - that’s how good he is. Our best midfielder since Gio in my opinion. I’m expecting bids for him come January

Guy just cost me money , wee man got his two shirts for the new season with Alfie's name and number on his back, Alfie's now been ditched and he now wants Aribo on his two new shirts I've to get asap .
On a more serious note the guy is only 7 weeks into a four year contract and posters saying when we sell him we will get a huge amount of money ,let's just appreciate and enjoy him instead of saying when he moves on

Last edited:
Guy just cost me money , wee man got his two shirts for the new season with Alfie's name and number on his back, Alfie's now been ditched and he now wants Aribo on his two new shirts I've to get asap .
On a more serious note the guy is only 7 weeks into a four year contract and posters saying when we sell him we will get a huge amount of money ,let's just appreciate and enjoy him instead of saying when he moves on

Don’t tell your boy his full name. You’ll bankrupt the country never mind yourself :cool:

Gerrards standing got Joe to us....the scum not getting him as they had planned and hi choosing us will be a significant factor on our journey to 55

Gerrards standing got Joe to us....the scum not getting him as they had planned and hi choosing us will be a significant factor on our journey to 55
Totally agree mate, to a certain extent it was the same with Rodgers, big names get access to big players and you won't get many bigger than Stevie G Who is looking like a top class manager, and they have..... that Ginger wank. We're on another level now!!

He’s just incredible. If (and I think we will) we win the league this year he’s going to be integral. In a way I understand we’ll lose him sooner rather than later but I hope he stays for a while.

Joe Aribo clearly has real talent, when you watched the wee flick with the outside of his boot against Hibs to let the ball bounce around him to then turn and leave the defender for dead, you could immediately see that this is a player who has all the tricks to stand out and be that creative spark we've been missing.

His goal against St. Joseph's shows his composure and the skill he showed against East Fife to break into the box at pace whilst shimmying the ball to the right was top class, even the darting runs he showed in tight space to try break into their penalty box leading to a free kick, he's coming on more and more to his game.

It is very clear that Rangers are growing from strength to strength each season that passes by, each window that passes by, this is all thanks to Gerrard and his backroom team, from Mark Allen, straight through to the scouting. The job they have done fills me with so much confidence to the stage that they could take our team back to the glory days under Advocaat but on less money. Where is the evidence for this?

We got Alfredo for £1 million, albeit, not through our scouting; we got Kamara and Aribo and there's a good few others I could name, hell, even if Helander lives up to expectations it proves my point.

What Gerrard and his backroom team are building is a team that will compete against these big sides by matching them by bringing in the same type of players but for less money.

Last but not least, look at the class youth we have coming up through the ranks, it won't be long before you see all of that talent, we have such a bright future.

He would have fitted in with the laudrup and gazza days, that's how good he is
I love Aribo! But lets not compare him to them two, they were out of this world and he has alot to do before being mentioned in the same sentence as them, but he's showing signs.

I don't know who found this lad but by christ they have found us a cracker at a crazy price.

To an extent I can why Bowyer was acting like a fudd

To us it looked like he was being a fud, but if you are manager of Charlton you would surely say and do as much as possible to keep him? Can't really blame him for it.

What a player we have here.

This boy is going to win POTY, we have unearthed an absolute gem. In an era when transfer fees are going crazy and we have just seen an injury ridden left back who is Scotlands 2nd choice go for 25 million, then alongside Morelos we have another asset who is going to earn us a fortune. But ofcourse I hope the lad stays long enough to win titles and sample Champions League nights at Ibrox.

Happy days indeed.

I messaged Bet365 asking for odds on him being Rangers POTY after the Progres game but they wouldn't give me a price.

giphy.gif

A fkn love that ha ha

He has got great feet in tight area's, I like what I am seeing with this boy...Remember if he had went to a premier league team they would have had to pay £7 million for him, so basically we have £7mill player in our team

Gerrard stated he hopes he stays "alongside me for many years" not Rangers. Hopefully after a couple of seasons of unbridled success, Stevie G gets his dream job and takes this young man with him for crazy money.

If Aribo can stay fit and play 50+ games this season plus break into the Nigeria Squad I think it could be bye bye next season.

I actually can see where Bowyer was coming from in terms of he shouldn't be going to Rangers. He should be playing PL football and he is only early 20's.

If we can have two injury free successful years outta him we are looking at £30m+.

Don't like putting pressure on players but if SG can do it then so can we :) !

To an extent I can why Bowyer was acting like a fudd

There's a bit of jealousy there too. Aribo is top class and he's picked Gerrard over Bowyer to help develop his career.

I think his comments were less about where he was playing, and more about who he was playing for.

There's a bit of jealousy there too. Aribo is top class and he's picked Gerrard over Bowyer to help develop his career.

I think his comments were less about where he was playing, and more about who he was playing for.
He’s lost a very good player with excellent prospects for buttons.

Good.

Why the need to bring them into it ?

Obsessed

If you knew me id say your well off the mark with your quote.
I will try amd explain my point!
Aribo came to Rangers a relative unknown.
Bowyer his then manger was doing his nut.
Now myself personally I only get news about a player on here,no where else.
Maybe ive put my point across were it can be misunderstood.
All iam saying is how much is he worth in a transfer valuation in that he plays for Rangers?
How much would he be worth if the same player had went to the Scum?
Lots of plaudits yesterday especially from our Manager and rightly so.
Iam waiting to see the valuations from the Scottish Media not Us or the Manager.
Ceptic have had players valued way over the top imo.
I hope i have cleared up any doubt about my post.

I love Aribo! But lets not compare him to them two, they were out of this world and he has alot to do before being mentioned in the same sentence as them, but he's showing signs.
I never said he's as good as them, I said he's good enough to play in that team, which is my opinion, looking at his skills

Still cant believe we got Aribo, what a player and hes ours. Gerrard effect, no way he comes to Scotland without our gaffer. Man love at its extreme

He will smash the Scottish transfer record when he goes utter footballer and easy top 4 epl starter.

Will be sad to see him leave but this lad has the ability to be winningtitles way above the SPL

Unfortunately, we'll probably experience the pleasure of seeing Aribo at Ibrox for just this season. He has shown flashes of a genuine talent that will make him a top target for a number EPL clubs looking for 'a cheap' bargain north of the border.

In that event, how much should the transfer fee be? I think that will probably depend on how far we go in Europe and how Aribo performs. If Rangers have a good run in the Europa League doing well against decent teams, and if Aribo demonstrates that he can not only hold his own, but actually star against quality opposition as opposed to the mostly dross he faces in the SPL, then Rangers would be justified in demanding top dollar for his services.

Absolute baller.

He oozes class and offers something completely different from our other CM options.

Back