Gerrard says Joe Aribo "has the world at his feet"

Thern7

Gerrard stated he hopes he stays "alongside me for many years" not Rangers. Hopefully after a couple of seasons of unbridled success, Stevie G gets his dream job and takes this young man with him for crazy money.

AdiCR2

If Aribo can stay fit and play 50+ games this season plus break into the Nigeria Squad I think it could be bye bye next season.

I actually can see where Bowyer was coming from in terms of he shouldn't be going to Rangers. He should be playing PL football and he is only early 20's.

If we can have two injury free successful years outta him we are looking at £30m+.

Don't like putting pressure on players but if SG can do it then so can we :) !

Opalescent

To an extent I can why Bowyer was acting like a fudd
There's a bit of jealousy there too. Aribo is top class and he's picked Gerrard over Bowyer to help develop his career.

I think his comments were less about where he was playing, and more about who he was playing for.

RS_Jam

There's a bit of jealousy there too. Aribo is top class and he's picked Gerrard over Bowyer to help develop his career.

I think his comments were less about where he was playing, and more about who he was playing for.
He’s lost a very good player with excellent prospects for buttons.

Good.

Masterblue

Why the need to bring them into it ?

Obsessed
If you knew me id say your well off the mark with your quote.
I will try amd explain my point!
Aribo came to Rangers a relative unknown.
Bowyer his then manger was doing his nut.
Now myself personally I only get news about a player on here,no where else.
Maybe ive put my point across were it can be misunderstood.
All iam saying is how much is he worth in a transfer valuation in that he plays for Rangers?
How much would he be worth if the same player had went to the Scum?
Lots of plaudits yesterday especially from our Manager and rightly so.
Iam waiting to see the valuations from the Scottish Media not Us or the Manager.
Ceptic have had players valued way over the top imo.
I hope i have cleared up any doubt about my post.

acousticblue

I love Aribo! But lets not compare him to them two, they were out of this world and he has alot to do before being mentioned in the same sentence as them, but he's showing signs.
I never said he's as good as them, I said he's good enough to play in that team, which is my opinion, looking at his skills

The Hooded Claw

Still cant believe we got Aribo, what a player and hes ours. Gerrard effect, no way he comes to Scotland without our gaffer. Man love at its extreme

Albertzzz

He will smash the Scottish transfer record when he goes utter footballer and easy top 4 epl starter.

Will be sad to see him leave but this lad has the ability to be winningtitles way above the SPL

baystatebear

Unfortunately, we'll probably experience the pleasure of seeing Aribo at Ibrox for just this season. He has shown flashes of a genuine talent that will make him a top target for a number EPL clubs looking for 'a cheap' bargain north of the border.

In that event, how much should the transfer fee be? I think that will probably depend on how far we go in Europe and how Aribo performs. If Rangers have a good run in the Europa League doing well against decent teams, and if Aribo demonstrates that he can not only hold his own, but actually star against quality opposition as opposed to the mostly dross he faces in the SPL, then Rangers would be justified in demanding top dollar for his services.

Sebo1872

Absolute baller.

He oozes class and offers something completely different from our other CM options.