Gerrard schooled again by a perennial loser

Attention seeking bampottery

Certain players made it clear for the second time in a month against Aberdeen they are jobbers

They will be punted. Pronto.

He actually wrote their team talk for them with his comments after the draw at Pittodrie.

Wait to you beat them before you slag them off.

3 attempts to beat Aberdeen and failed on each occasion.

1 goal scored and it was a penalty.

Worse result at home to Aberdeen in over 25 years.

Schooled by a team that scored with one shot then killed the life out of a game with cheating, time-wasting and fouls.

That's not schooling in my book

As much as I agree with your first part the 2nd part would mean that no one would join us under those conditions. Why would they when they can get paid every game elsewhere?
And therein lies the problem with professional footballers. Win lose or draw they still get paid a basic wage of tens/hundreds of thousands of pounds per week.

And if they get benched they still get paid.

I know they get win bonuses but who cares about them when you still get an obscene amount every week just for turning up

Well that perennial loser's team is in 6th place whilst we sit in 2nd.

We'll get it right. No one in their right mind is claiming that Aberdeen are better than us or that McInnes is a better manager than Gerrard.

Their luck can't last forever.
When you’ve played them 3 times, lost 2 and drawn 1, it’s hard to argue that they’re not a better team when they play Gers. And they did play better than Gers tonight!! We didn’t put them under any pressure whatsoever.

If being schooled means putting every man behind the ball and adopting an anti-football kicking match for 90 minutes then it isn't something that I ever want to see ... they have been abysmal in all of the games against us but we simply haven't had enough about us to break them down.

No tactical masterstroke required ...

And therein lies the problem with professional footballers. Win lose or draw they still get paid a basic wage of tens/hundreds of thousands of pounds per week.

And if they get benched they still get paid.

I know they get win bonuses but who cares about them when you still get an obscene amount every week just for turning up

One of the biggest issues is the gap between the fans and the players. How many in our dressing room will be hurting as bad as we all are tonight? Not many I’d say.

Snatched a draw playing against 10 for 80 min and scraped through in semi final with hardly and chances created. They were rank today but our final third play was terrible.

If we'd got one goal then they'd have crumbled .

I am more than content with our league position.

Finish above them - we win the league.

We will lose and draw to worse than that this season.

A perennial loser who is unbeaten in 4 v us ?
They had a game plan, it was ugly, but they stuck to it. Let our central defenders have the ball, they're doing nothing. Let Jack and Ejaria pass across the park, no cutting edge. Wind up Morelos, he'll take the bait. Let Ejaria spin with the ball, because he won't get beyond their mid field.
Exactly this.
Add in the fact that they’ve just come off a cup final beating, that they hate us and constantly raise their game against us (Motherwell took 3 off them for gawds sake!) then it was always going to be difficult.
We also made it a tad easier for them by reacting to their methods.....exactly what they wanted.

Id like to know what our game plan was supposed to be tonight. It looked like the players were told to play the long ball .??

If being schooled means putting every man behind the ball and adopting an anti-football kicking match for 90 minutes then it isn't something that I ever want to see ... they have been abysmal in all of the games against us but we simply haven't had enough about us to break them down.

No tactical masterstroke required ...

No I couldn’t watch football like that every week but seriously you have to learn from your mistakes.

The tactics you described are exactly the same ones we have adopted at times in Europe, none more so than in Maribor, but it worked. They actually had a couple of half chances on the break. Horses for courses.

Gerrard told us after the semi he knew how they would play, only a danger from set pieces. Low and behold they score from a set piece tonight. They then sat even deeper and let our centre halves have as much as the ball as they wanted.

We have scored one goal against Aberdeen in 3 matches and that was a penalty.

Tonight like the cup game wasn’t a football match, we allowed ourselves to be dragged down to their level again.

We should remember that even Bill Struth's teams, even the Walllace treble teams and the Souness teams never won every match.

Weird to think Murty has us beating them back to back around this time last year.

We're much improved though so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yeah all with a pinch of salt. Dont get me wrong awful results but because it was a much weaker Rangers team last season, they never sat in parking the bus and actually tried to come ahead at us setting up 4-4-2 if irc.

This season highlights that teams recognise that we are much stronger overall but that we really struggle against a compacted defence, 10 men behind the ball and teams who play for a draw or who try and nick a goal on the counteract i.e. Spartak!

We are head and shoulders against teams like dolly, we just lack the guile and creativity to break them down with ease, especially when players like Kent, Arfield and Barasic are out.

He actually wrote their team talk for them with his comments after the draw at Pittodrie.

Like it or not but that perennial loser has a wee bit more managerial experience. Sometimes it counts for something and we have to accept that Gerrard is still learning.

Aberdeen are shite and McInnes sets them up the same defensive way against us and Celtic. We should steamroller them, but yes, we've not, and his comments are probably still in their dressing room wall. He was naive, he's a rookie, it's going to happen. I just hope other teams dirt figure us out as Gerrard has shown himself to have difficulties when things need changed. Look at the two matches against the Russian mob, both matches their manager changed it at half-time and we couldn't reply.

Despite this, we're still in the hunt and it was unrealistic for many on here to think we'd win all matches this month. No use getting dramatic about it until results like this become chronic. Our midfield is definitely missing a couple players and Lafferty is pish. While I think we've got a chance this season, another summer strengthening will really get us close.

Serious question. and I'm beyond angry right now,

But when do you rid Mr G of the rookie excuse?

Do I need to wait till he's in his forties before I give him a break?

Absolute bullsh*t.

Aberdeen did nothing clever at all, they had literally one chance tonight and I reckon between the 3 meetings they’ve had 3/4 chances over the 3 games!

Our players are to blame and didn’t turn up. McInnes hasn’t schooled anyone in his life, this isn’t about that no mark.

There was a time when Smith couldn’t get the better of Inverness CT!
Didn’t mean ICT management “schooled “ Smith, did it?

I don’t think we have ever lost 2 in a row or 2 out of 3 to Inverness have we, scoring only 1 goal ?

You need to take a step back and calm down.

Gerrard is only 6 months into his first management job. Like it or not he is a rookie. You can’t expect him to get every decision right and not make any mistakes.

You could argue he got his team selection wrong but it’s not his fault that to a man every player was rotten.

Absolute bullsh*t.

Aberdeen did nothing clever at all, they had literally one chance tonight and I reckon between the 3 meetings they’ve had 3/4 chances over the 3 games!

Our players are to blame and didn’t turn up. McInnes hasn’t schooled anyone in his life, this isn’t about that no mark.

I think that is the point, they didn’t have to. exactly the same as the cup semi

People are missing the point they have set up to not let us play football, they have managed to put us out the cup and knock us of the top of the league with they 3/4 chances you refer to. We have taken one point from 6 in the league.

We went to Maribor and defended for our life, it was hailed as brilliant tactics.

Nonsense

How is it the worst result in 25 years. They beat us 2-1 at Ibrox a couple of seasons back.

Second gets you nothing.

How many times do we need to get it right.

Let’s get it clear tonight wasn’t one of they we were unlucky games, hitting the post, bar keeper making brilliants saves, or a we will play worse and win. We played right into their hands from the first minute.

We knew exactly what they would do, and let them.

McInnes would bite your hand off to be in our position. Second may not mean much to us but it’s everything to them.

McInnes hasn’t schooled anyone. He has played to frustrate us during the last two games but also been lucky we haven’t turned up. That’s what I find frustrating. If we simply go out with the right attitude tonight we win the game, irrespective of tactics.

It’s not as if this is a newly discovered way of beating us. Teams have been doing the same thing at Ibrox for as long as I can remember. It’s up to us to be up for every game and approach it in the right way.

You can be beaten without being schooled bud. We were let down by the players tonight. They'll be hurting and hopefully bounce back.
We were far from schooled though

Ok, let's ignore the rookie tag, imagine it's of abosulutely no consequence, and I realise now it's distracting actually from the main points we should really consider.

We're still competitive in the league. Tonight was shite, but we're in the mix and we were never really even close under the previous managers; performances were up and down and we were utterly weak at the back. I don't feel like that now at all, we clearly have a management team in place that can identify talent. Moreover, I feel we're filled with fighters and workers, even despite dropped points like tonight.

Another thing to remember is we've been here before under successful managers. Not all teams win all the time (although Liverpool and Man City are giving a good bash this season). The turnaround since Gerrard has arrived has been nothing short of astonishing. Even under Smith we'd have been wildly impressed with the current UEFA run, people would grumble being behind in the league, but he never, ever had us miles behind the race, we always, ALWAYS, under Smith felt we were in with a chance. Same is true of Gerrard at the minute:

In Smith/Gerrard we trust.

Things don't go our way sometimes, and I think as fans we have to realise we go to the extremes when we have a negative event like tonight, but we're definitely still on the right track. If we manage to remain competitive right until the business end of the league then I'm not going to be concerned, I'll see it as progress compared to the recent past. Let's face it, our central midfield is not quite of the level required, but we need to remember we haven't had several years unimpeded in building our squad and hoovering up local talent. We've only had a couple years back in the top flight, and we struggled to attract anyone before this. To quote a recent tune that we've adopted, we're most certainly on our way, it's just a case of when with respect to 55 under Gerrard. He has been immensly impressive, and I don't think anyone so far can claim overall, if they step down from their anger over a match here or there, that we've come on leaps and bounds that haven't been seen in over a decade since Smith's time.

Ah, the Pedro-lover back to tell us how good the Portuguese manager really was.

In the opening game, Aberdeen were very fortunate to get a point against 10 men (for 80 minutes). McInnes had little answer to the changes made that day.

Rather than go toe-to-toe with Rangers, McInnes has reverted to mass defence, break up the game, win fouls around the box and hope a set-piece works. Both games could easily have gone either way.

It's hardly being schooled.

Oh right is it not, we just ignore it, we can’t point out the obvious.

That was honestly one of the worst Aberdeen sides I have ever seen come to Ibrox. They came with a plan the same plan they used to pump us out the cup.

So pumped out the cup and knocked off the top of the league by a team that achieves nothing and some people think that is remotely acceptable ?

Pumped us in the cup hahaha we played them off the park ffs

Nonsense

How is it the worst result in 25 years. They beat us 2-1 at Ibrox a couple of seasons back.

What was our team that night ? Put it into context.

It wasn’t littered with internationalists and million pound signings like tonight’s was.

Our back four contained Bates (playing about his 5th game for us), Aiden Wilson, Lee Hodson, Myles Beerman. We had a shite squad, a shite team, Aberdeen then had arguably a better team.

Pumped us in the cup hahaha we played them off the park ffs

Read the post, pump us out the cup, pumped us out the cup, and Really were you on the glue that day ?

We shaded possession that day 54/46% we had the entire total, of one attempt on target. Yeah ok they only had twice as many but they scored from one of them.

Ah, the Pedro-lover back to tell us how good the Portuguese manager really was.

In the opening game, Aberdeen were very fortunate to get a point against 10 men (for 80 minutes). McInnes had little answer to the changes made that day.

Rather than go toe-to-toe with Rangers, McInnes has reverted to mass defence, break up the game, win fouls around the box and hope a set-piece works. Both games could easily have gone either way.

It's hardly being schooled.

Look I have no interest in Pedro he has gone, you were one of the many using a defeat at home to Aberdeen as a stick to beat him with, to get him sacked.

You can’t all of a sudden sweep a defeat to Aberdeen under the carpet because it suits your objectives.

Yes first game of the season they were lucky to get a point, did we learn from it ?

Semi at Hampden yes their tactics weren’t pretty but they restricted us to ONE attempt on target. We lost a goal to a set piece. Did we learn from it ?

Tonight we played against the same tactics and got beat again, hardly creating any open chances.

We have played 3 games against them, scored ONE goal, a penalty, put out the cup have ONE point from 6 in the league.

Any game can go either way, it’s how you make it go yours, it doesn’t have to be pretty.

Do you play golf ? There are no pictures on a scorecard.

I was in Maribor watching us cling on for dear life to scrape through, but we done what we had to and stuck to the game plan we had it certainly wasn’t pretty but we got what we went for, just like Aberdeen have on their last 2 trips to Glasgow to play us.

Look I have no interest in Pedro he has gone, you were one of the many using a defeat at home to Aberdeen as a stick to beat him with, to get him sacked.

You can’t all of a sudden sweep a defeat to Aberdeen under the carpet because it suits your objectives.

Yes first game of the season they were lucky to get a point, did we learn from it ?

Semi at Hampden yes their tactics weren’t pretty but they restricted us to ONE attempt on target. We lost a goal to a set piece. Did we learn from it ?

Tonight we played against the same tactics and got beat again, hardly creating any open chances.

We have played 3 games against them, scored ONE goal, a penalty, put out the cup have ONE point from 6 in the league.

Any game can go either way, it’s how you make it go yours, it doesn’t have to be pretty.

Do you play golf ? There are no pictures on a scorecard.

I was in Maribor watching us cling on for dear life to scrape through, but we done what we had to and stuck to the game plan we had it certainly wasn’t pretty but we got what we went for, just like Aberdeen have on their last 2 trips to Glasgow to play us.

Pedro's loss to Aberdeen was not an isolated result. It came shortly after two humiliating capitulations against Celtic. So yes, there were significant warning signs. This was borne out soon afterwards in Luxembourg.

The first match of the season saw us with 10 men for 80 minutes. The penalty came from attacking play and where Windass was about to score. We also created various other chances that day. That game was very different to the two most recent.

McInnes reacted to being outclassed in that opener by placing the onus on not losing and hoping to grab a ball from a set-piece. If Alfie scores tonight, the game changes. Lewis also made a couple of very decent saves.

One of the issues on FF is there are those who can't believe that an opposition will have possession, create an opportunity and indeed score. It's football, it happens.

McInnes hasn't "schooled" anybody. He's been fortunate.

They got a scrappy early goal. We then struggled as they dug deeper , we could of played all night and not scored. We are definitely a different team when the opposition comes out to play .

Gerrard out... is that what you’re saying?

Need to chill, we lost a game. If we were offered to be in this position in the league and still in Europe at the start of the season we would have taken it! New team and new Coaching staff. I said when Buffalo got booked take him off or he will be sent off, SG will learn from not subbing him!
I really believe Stevie G will get it right given time,
Onwards and upwards!

Schooled my arse, the players on that pitch should be beating that lot without breaking sweat.

Well ive not seen any reports or heard owt on the radio yet but i will,the only thing you will hear is how McInnes and his team worked to their game plan,thats fouling,time wasting,trying to Ref the game,cheating and basically,anything but playing football.
How Rangers huffed and puffed and couldnt really break down this great Dons defence,how they won ugly,they will get all the plaudits.
Mean while we are left to rue the lost points and worse still other games going our way.
Having said that we are very much still in the mix so SG has to pull a rabbit out the hat in this next transfer window.
A winner,not a loan or a player who cant get a game at his current club.

Back