Gerrard schooled again by a perennial loser

Nonsense.

Aberdeen came for the draw and stole the win.

Gerrard couldn't find a way to break down 10 men playing just 30 yards from there goal. Having a performance would have helped.

This is the only game of the 3 where there was a lack of quality all over the pitch.

Questionable refereeing decision doesn't happen on GW1 and we win that game by 2 or 3 goals.

A fit forward in the SF and we likely win that game with some to spare. Last night not one of the players played close to the levels they are capable of...off the back of playing Villarreal and Hearts within 6 days!

I would like to see the stats from all 3 games. I suspect they would show Aberdeen mustered less than 5 attempts at our goal combined. They're proving a bit of a bogey team at the minute but McInnes does not have them set up or playing differently to any other side that has played us this season (Celtic apart).

He actually wrote their team talk for them with his comments after the draw at Pittodrie.

Wait to you beat them before you slag them off.

3 attempts to beat Aberdeen and failed on each occasion.

1 goal scored and it was a penalty.

Worse result at home to Aberdeen in over 25 years.
Bet you gonna tell us you'd rather have McInnes than SG and that you'd rather watch their hammer throwing style of play overs ours?

Funny thing is - some people think that this is utter nonsense. Unfortunately the absolute FACTS prove otherwise. Gerrard doesn't appear to be able to hand McInnes's Aberdeen team at all. Even when it's made easier for him.
I would say it more down to the fact that they sit in against us and without a creative midfielder who can play a killer pass then we will always struggle no matter how good the manager is

We were Gladys Knight tonight....nearly every player was below their best...young Middleton in particular.....but he's exempt....Ejaria and Coulibaly need sent back in January.....we need real men in there with a CM that can boss games.....for all the midfielders we've got we don't have a boss.....surely magnificent bastard II recognises this? Or is he still learning tactics?
Agree with some of what you say and I look forward to the Bears squeezing the 'Pips' out of McInnes in the near future.
Thuggery won't win football matches for ever !

Out of interest Bob - as you're clearly tactically adept given your statement above - if you were Gerrard last night, how would you have set us up tactically?

No mate I’m not but 5 of us traveling from Aberdeen hoped Scott would be the only change. Big Gareth is too slow to play against quick forwards should have played Worral or Katic ( what’s the deal with him) and kept Andy at LB.

The side were too slow and let themselves be drawn into a slug fest against a side who are very limited. Whilst we’re improving we don’t have the calibre of player to win the league. Out of last nights midfield only Jack and Coulibaly are up to it and I’d only play one of them.

I’m no coach mate but McInnes got us to play how he wanted us to and he won. If I’m wrong fair enough.

L
He actually wrote their team talk for them with his comments after the draw at Pittodrie.

lets get Murty back then you absolute fud,I seriously consider coming follow follow when people have complete over reactions to a few defeats,yes I’m hurting but for god sake do YOU no remember where we were last season?do you remember watching a heartless spineless embarrassment of a team?gerrard has had one window yes one window to build a team,yes there will be some lows but already this season there have been more bloody highs.

Gerard wasn’t schooled.

The players lost this game, not the gaffer.

If I was Dave King I wouldn’t pay them this week for the simple reason they committed gross misconduct by impersonating professional footballers.

If I fucked up in my job I’d get taken to task, and it’s about time footballers did too.

I’ll go as far to say that I’d have them on a ‘you only get paid if you win’ contract. They’d soon sweat blood and tears for the cause.
Going by your nonsense of an opinion not many players would sign for a club with such rulings. Ever thought of that.

No mate I’m not but 5 of us traveling from Aberdeen hoped Scott would be the only change. Big Gareth is too slow to play against quick forwards should have played Worral or Katic ( what’s the deal with him) and kept Andy at LB.

The side were too slow and let themselves be drawn into a slug fest against a side who are very limited. Whilst we’re improving we don’t have the calibre of player to win the league. Out of last nights midfield only Jack and Coulibaly are up to it and I’d only play one of them.

I’m no coach mate but McInnes got us to play how he wanted us to and he won. If I’m wrong fair enough.

As much as I agree with almost every point you have made there, I don't think you can say McInnes 'tactically out-manoeuvred' SG. Everyone and their dug knew how Aberdeen would shape up. The same way they played in the quarter final against Hibs, the same way in the semi against us and the same way against the manky mob in the final. All these games went the way of a single goal other than the pens v Hibs. McInnes tells his team to sit-in and play for set-pieces. We just weren't good enough to break them down. Again.

How else do you play against a team who sit deep and come looking for set-pieces to try and score a goal. The players let the manager down. If we scored first then it's a massively different game as their shape would change as they'd need to come out.

I'm not entirely convinced this is all down to McInnes. His players ALWAYS up their game against us. Look where they are in the table and look how they get on against the scum. McInnes isnt really schooling anyone.

Schooled my arse, it’s very simple... we just didn’t have the extra cutting edge on the night, it’s as simple as that. We all know 4 games a season fc even with a few players missing would not lack for effort and commitment because it was Rangers they were facing and to be fair...like most teams in the SPL they are well organised...that’s it really from their side of things. It’s disappointing because they aren’t really a good team but we failed to match them in the basics and didn’t have anyone taking the game to them on the night and making things happen. I still feel we are not physical enough in the midfield and we lack a CONSISTENT playmaker but it’s where we are overall in the rebuilding job that’s going on. You can bet the manager and his staff know exactly what’s needed to improve the team and it will be addressed. Let’s have a bit of perspective on the situation, it’s disappointing but not the end of the world, when we get it right all the effort in the world isn’t going to be enough for shite like Aberdeen to thwart us.

Last edited:
We lost at home to a side coming off a cup final defeat a few days earlier and who were down to ten men well before Morelos got sent off.
A win most probably let’s us play the tinkers and still top the league no matter the result in that game and we couldn’t raise a gallop.

So as much as I love sg he needs called out on it when that stuff happens. Just a small thing but I think stuff like continually saying we’re punching above our weight is a ridiculous thing to say and is sending the message to the players that merely competing is good enough.

You’re the manager of Glasgow Rangers you’re behind a team that has players in it that weren’t good enough for us ten years ago and you’re telling us we’re punching above our weight. Maybe you need to be aiming higher cos that’s a loser mentality right there

SG wasn't schooled, however he will learn from it. You might argue he didn't learn from the semi but I think he did and briefed the players accordingly and they didn't deliver.
I am sure SG will know where he has to make changes in the next two windows and will act.
My only criticism is the over cautious return of players from injury, denying us true rotation and selection.
Flannigan, Ejaria and Coulibaly should all be dropped as all have lost form. There were players on the bench last night that would have had a lot to prove and I feel should have been played.
Just an opinion from the hindsight loyal!

3 games this season:

Rangers - 34 shots, 8 on target, 1 goal
Sheep - 12 shots, 5 on target, 3 goals

34 shots on goal with just a penalty to show for it.

Greegs had made 2 saves in 3 games. Both basic saves.

Not sure how this can be pinned on the manager.

The OP’s sole purpose in here is to say “Pedro was a great manager.”. It’s astounding anyone pays attention.

It reads like a Celtic fan taking the piss.

The thought had crossed my mind as well. In fact, the moniker suggests someone is at it.

I await some tedious, predictable 'Is McInnes a better manager than Gerrard?' trolling pish shortly.

Am still looking for yer point fella.....get back to me when you make one up!
Look no further.
The idea that Celtic always beat Aberdeen because Aberdeen don't try against them but raise their game by 25% because collectively they hate us and that it has nothing to do with Celtic just being a better side than them or Rangers midfield being too pedestrian to find a way through a packed defence and midfield is both ludicrous and infantile in equal measure.
Hope that's cleared it up for you.......fella.

Gerard is a rookie manager, a 1st season manager. Schooling is part of his learning.
Aye, it's dissapoonting and he for sure has and will make mistakes. We need to live with that.

Funny thing is - some people think that this is utter nonsense. Unfortunately the absolute FACTS prove otherwise. Gerrard doesn't appear to be able to hand McInnes's Aberdeen team at all. Even when it's made easier for him.

Yes it is true but Gerard has done a good job generally and got us beyond anything his predecessors had managed - barring the league cup semi against Celtic - since 2011. Clearly Aberdeen are currently our bogey team. We need to find a way to beat them and their anti-football tactics if we are to challenge for the title. I still think we are edging closer.

There were week long bans dished out to people who questioned Murty’s cahones after some weak post match interviews, I’d honestly say this thread is worse.

The OP has been desperate for a result like this so he can had a go at Gerrard.

Questionable behaviour at best.

Look no further.
The idea that Celtic always beat Aberdeen because Aberdeen don't try against them but raise their game by 25% because collectively they hate us and that it has nothing to do with Celtic just being a better side than them or Rangers midfield being too pedestrian to find a way through a packed defence and midfield is both ludicrous and infantile in equal measure.
Hope that's cleared it up for you.......fella.

Lol.....here's a wee tune to get you through your miserable life!

i'll school you

Lol.....here's a wee tune to get you through your miserable life!

Ah thanks for that. I feel much better now. (At least 25%)

Fukn Refs it's all their fault. Them an Hugh Keevins. It's a conspiracy that's what it is, fkn sheepshaggers lie doon every time Rangers are pure magic.....etc......etc.....etc

It's not just Aberdeen the fact is we struggle big time as we have done for years with these teams that sit in.

We need Barasic fit his balls in would give them something to think about.

Ah thanks for that. I feel much better now. (At least 25%)

Fukn Refs it's all their fault. Them an Hugh Keevins. It's a conspiracy that's what it is, fkn sheepshaggers lie doon every time Rangers are pure magic.....etc......etc.....etc

Good, glad I could help a fellow bear!

More importantly.....have you heard the latest from Kenny Campbell this morning? Jim Torbett the twice convicted paedophile was still abusing him when he signed S forms with Billy Mcneil.

A paedophile ring clearly in full operation at Celtic FC, it's only a matter of time when Jimmy Savile is linked to them all....he was never away from Celtic FC during this time........scary stuff indeed!!!
Might be the end of Celtic FC if this whole thing is opened up.

Last edited:
Good, glad I could help a fellow bear!

More importantly.....have you heard the latest from Kenny Campbell this morning? Jim Torbett the twice convicted paedophile was still abusing him when he signed S forms with Billy Mcneil.

A paedophile ring clearly in full operation at Celtic FC, it's only a matter of time when Jimmy Savile's is linked to them all....he was never away from Celtic FC during this time........scary stuff indeed!!!
Might be the end of Celtic FC if this whole thing is opened up.
Wouldn't want that, think of the coefficient. (Sarcy bassa loyal)

There are so many stories going around that it is as you say scary.

I don't think that every hack in the UK is scared or biased enough to ignore this dynamite but it is extremely treacherous ground. Anyone who prints accusations would be risking a hell of a lot but the day will come when the evidence is irrefutable and it will be fireworks.

Wouldn't want that, think of the coefficient. (Sarcy bassa loyal)

There are so many stories going around that it is as you say scary.

I don't think that every hack in the UK is scared or biased enough to ignore this dynamite but it is extremely treacherous ground. Anyone who prints accusations would be risking a hell of a lot but the day will come when the evidence is irrefutable and it will be fireworks.

I've tried speaking to few wee timmy chums about the victims of this whole situation and you get a standard answer of "don't want to talk about it"

this post is the classic case of why social media is not the friend of an angry fan immediately after a defeat.
Schooled? Really?

Gerrard deserves the praise he has been getting for where we are right now and how good we have been, especially in Europe. However the fact is that in 3 games v the sheep we have scored 1 goal and conceded 3. We need to put a marker on them next time we play them.

Gerard wasn’t schooled.

The players lost this game, not the gaffer.

If I was Dave King I wouldn’t pay them this week for the simple reason they committed gross misconduct by impersonating professional footballers.

If I fucked up in my job I’d get taken to task, and it’s about time footballers did too.

I’ll go as far to say that I’d have them on a ‘you only get paid if you win’ contract. They’d soon sweat blood and tears for the cause.

Nah. I don't want them to want to win to get paid. I want them to want to win cos they play for the rangers.

Back