Gerrard should get time, but not too much

ElBarrileteCosmico

It’s not the catastrophe that the other clowns have presided over the past two seasons. But by fúck it’s not acceptable either.

Watching the same gane against Aberdeen for the 87th time this season indicates an inability to learn. Or more worryingly, an inability to break down a McInnes side.

“We just need more money” is no longer a viable strategy. If we’ve spent this much and have a £20 million player up front and still can’t produce...

The cries of “we were cheated” on here are inevitable but it seems to be Gerrard gets another season end he’s not built much credit as things stand.

Vast improvement needed and I say that as someone who thinks he has as put us in a better position.

He has until the end of the season to give us some results to remember and another season to win things. This can’t go on.

9 games to prove he has what it takes or proven manager appointed

January window was dogshit. We haven’t improved really, fair enough the centre backs are marginally better, arfield flatters to decieve. Barasic, grezda, goldson, katic we spent money on, are any of them actually good enough?

Personally I would give him to the end of the season and if we are still seeing the same mistakes then I would sack him just my opinion.

Still can't quite believe we appointed Pedro, they must have been on some massive bender.

I just don't know anymore, I just wanted a solid manager and no experimental pish. We've looked great, had to deal with pish referees and compliance, but a lot of the time we look utterly lost.

The Europa League run seems a long way away now .

There is enough signs of promise that tells me Gerrard deserves another season. That said, he really can not afford a slow start to the season next year.

I think he walks.
He has stated time and again the players are not good enough.
Trying to win the League on the cheap buying Dundee & Kilmarnock players is never going to work. Gerrard should know that, if he doesn't we are in trouble

It’s not the catastrophe that the other clowns have presided over the past two seasons. But by fúck it’s not acceptable either.

Watching the same gane against Aberdeen for the 87th time this season indicates an inability to learn. Or more worryingly, an inability to break down a McInnes side.

“We just need more money” is no longer a viable strategy. If we’ve spent this much and have a £20 million player up front and still can’t produce...

The cries of “we were cheated” on here are inevitable but it seems to be Gerrard gets another season end he’s not built much credit as things stand.

Vast improvement needed and I say that as someone who thinks he has as put us in a better position.

He has until the end of the season to give us some results to remember and another season to win things. This can’t go on.
Morelos signs a new deal becomes shite. SG unwilling to remove him. Game should have changedat half time. Defoe is ten times the "striker" Morelos is......SG can't change a game. He has zero plan B. Yep we are more professional. Great to have someone like SG on board but he gave no tactics no final ball no set pieces no captain and most of all no guts. This season had turned out to be extremely disappointing........I would love to be completely wrong

One of the main reasons we can’t get rid of Gerrard in the immediate future is because we’ve already punted 2 managers in the last 2 seasons and we simply have to give him time to get it right. But it is extremely concerning that he seems to be outwitted fairly regularly in Scotland by ordinary managers with much more ordinary players at their disposal than Gerrard has.

Even more concerning is Gerrard’s complete inability to influence matches through tactical changes and/or substitutions. This isn’t rocket science, surely he has learned enough after 20 years at the very top of the game to be capable of trying something different?

But most concerning of all of all is the lack of fight and the timidity from his team. No-one could accuse Gerrard the player of lacking bottle or fight so why can Gerrard the manager not instill this in his players? We look beaten as soon as we go behind and even when in front we always look capable of letting the opposition back into it.

We are still miles away from where we should be. At the moment Gerrard doesn’t look like the man to get us there but we have no option but to stick with him but it is more in hope than expectation. We are out of options. The summer transfer window may be the most important one in our history, we need to unearth some more Moreloses and no more Grezdas or Barisics or Coulibalys.

Gerard has spent a few quid in the summer and January window ( including wages ) and the level of player we have is frightening, they are weak, spineless and clueless and the thought of giving him say the Morelos fee if he leaves is even more worrying

Anyone else get frustrated when they see something loading? Taking an age to go from 20% to 30% to 40% to 48% to 51% to...

Now what does the smart man do? Stick with the thing which is CLEARLY progressing to 100% steadily? Or like a child RELOAD THE FRICKING PAGE AND HOPE THAT BY SOME MIRICLE EVERYTHINGS MAGICALLY CHANGED AND YOU CAN BECOME LEAGUE CHAMPIONS OVERNIGHT BY WISHING IT!?!?!?

Everyone with sense knows we just end back up at 0% and even less time to stop 10in-a-row!

Back the team. Back the manager. Nurture and let them grow.

Don't be a child!

If this was Murty or Pedro in charge we would be wanting him sacked.

Another season of utter mediocrity

For me, Gerrard has got this Xmas max or he can GTF.

We are sleepwalking into a poet 10IAR

We worries too much about controlling games rather than being ruthless .....unfortunately like some of our other recent managers he’s taking the I know better approach

If we go out of Europe early and start the league badly next season I think he’ll chuck it

stability and patience is required why cant people see that, yeah this one hurts because of how we capitulated, a good summers recruitment is required - im gonna keep the faith in the current set up for a good while yet.

im off the forum tonight now because its getting unbearable seeing the negativity from a lot of people.

Anyone else get frustrated when they see something loading? Taking an age to go from 20% to 30% to 40% to 48% to 51% to...

Now what does the smart man do? Stick with the thing which is CLEARLY progressing to 100% steadily? Or like a child RELOAD THE FRICKING PAGE AND HOPE THAT BY SOME MIRICLE EVERYTHINGS MAGICALLY CHANGED AND YOU CAN BECOME LEAGUE CHAMPIONS OVERNIGHT BY WISHING IT!?!?!?

Everyone with sense knows we just end back up at 0% and even less time to stop 10in-a-row!

Back the team. Back the manager. Nurture and let them grow.

Don't be a child!

Bang on. Everyone is gutted by the way this season has ended but grow a set and dry yer eyes.

We have employed a first time manager, we have improved, not enough, but you have to give him time our budget is pish compared to the tims.. Too many on here are looking for a quick fix, without 10 of millions being spent, it ain't happening in the short term,, changing the management puts us back again, let's hope he learns, I think he will, what he needs now is our support and the support of the board

stability and patience is required why cant people see that, yeah this one hurts because of how we capitulated, a good summers recruitment is required - im gonna keep the faith in the current set up for a good while yet.

im off the forum tonight now because its getting unbearable seeing the negativity from a lot of people.
Let's be honest his recruitment hasn't been too good so far.

He's not learning from his mistakes, failure to get the players motivated, performances and results are garbage, predictability in every game, a lack of tactical clout, weak, naive, inept, lacking a plan b...

Another big game that we were second best and on the end of a negative result.

Being Steven Gerrard is saving him. Simply a poor football manager.

I was actually going to try and discuss this in another thread but decided it wasn’t worth the barrage of abuse I’d have gotten.
I’m used to it.

He isn’t a winner. He’s won cups yeah but real winners, or “proper men” and Souness would day, stand the test of time over a season, when the chips are down and you have to churn out results week after week.

He didn’t do it as a player and he has yet to prove he can change and do it as a manager.

I’m used to it.

He isn’t a winner. He’s won cups yeah but real winners, or “proper men” and Souness would day, stand the test of time over a season, when the chips are down and you have to churn out results week after week.

He didn’t do it as a player and he has yet to prove he can change and do it as a manager.

I think he’s come up trumps for his side a good few times, but not really doing that over a league season isn’t ideal.

But, the key is, even if he’s a winner as a player, it means %^*& all at the end of the day, in fact I hate that tired and meaningless line. Ally McCoist was a winner too.

He's not learning from his mistakes, failure to get the players motivated, performances and results are garbage, predictability in every game, a lack of tactical clout, weak, naive, inept, lacking a plan b...

Another big game that we were second best and on the end of a negative result.

Being Steven Gerrard is saving him. Simply a poor football manager.

Or you know having us clearly in 2nd and brought in a lot of money to the club via Europe which he guided us through. Like it or not and it's not the greatest competition he's done a better job than any of our managers since we started the journey back to the top

Gerrard needs to start learning soon. Making the same mistakes over and over again simply isn't good enough.

Feels very similar to warburton's plan b which was do plan a better.

Sick to death of 4-3-3!

Unless he makes improvement of winning a cup of league next season I don’t think he will see another summer:

This is not me attacking him but if we don’t improve our support will turn.

I cannot believe I am on the brink of seeing the mentally challengeds 3 trebles in a row.

No team especially in Scotland will ever ever do that again. Never mind ten in a row, the thought of that is destroying and if it does or doesn’t happen if we don’t push them and win something next season our support will not accept it.

We have employed a first time manager, we have improved, not enough, but you have to give him time our budget is pish compared to the tims.. Too many on here are looking for a quick fix, without 10 of millions being spent, it ain't happening in the short term,, changing the management puts us back again, let's hope he learns, I think he will, what he needs now is our support and the support of the board

How much is our budget compared to Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock?

Because we can’t seem to beat them with regularity either.

We need to give someone a good run at it. We can't keep changing managers each year.
Saying that tho, we should absolutely not be getting put out both cup competitions by the sheep. SG has very little leeway next season.

It might take Gerrard years to become a good manager. I'd just rather he was given the time to do that elsewhere and not here.

I'm sick of Rangers appointing managers with whom they're willing to make mistakes.

he doesn't need time

he needs quality

shite like jones from kilmarnock?

i can see him walking
This is my worry.

Our problem is keeping Gerrard - not getting rid of him.

He’s doing the best he can with the resources available. Our season has been absolutely phenomenal given budgetory constraints.

If we persist on bringing in nonsense like Jordan Jones and other SPFL level players then there’s a danger Gerrard will decide at the end of the season he’s taken us as far as he can. Then where do we stand?

We need serious investment. But more realistically, it’s clear we have to sell Morelos. We need to get £25m minimum for him. Reinvest at least £15m of that to buy a whole new strikeforcs, pair of wingers and a creative attacking midfielder. The rest can be used to bulk up the squad.

If we don’t do this and give Gerrard some serious backing then I don’t see how we entice him to stay.

This is my worry.

Our problem is keeping Gerrard - not getting rid of him.

He’s doing the best he can with the resources available. Our season has been absolutely phenomenal given budgetory constraints.

If we persist on bringing in nonsense like Jordan Jones and other SPFL level players then there’s a danger Gerrard will decide at the end of the season he’s taken us as far as he can. Then where do we stand?

We need serious investment. But more realistically, it’s clear we have to sell Morelos. We need to get £25m minimum for him. Reinvest at least £15m of that to buy a whole new strikeforcs, pair of wingers and a creative attacking midfielder. The rest can be used to bulk up the squad.

If we don’t do this and give Gerrard some serious backing then I don’t see how we entice him to stay.

“Absolutely phenomenal”

Jesus Christ. Don’t know where to even start with that.

“Absolutely phenomenal”

- Beat Celtic.
- Got to the Europa League.
- Beat Rapid and draws with Villarreal.
- Comfortably second and still in the title race.

I’d say that’s a phenomenal return given where we were last year and the fact Gerrard has had very little to spend in that time.

It’s difficult to keep the head after being knocked out of 2 cups by shite like Aberdeen, but I think a new Rangers manager should be given 2 seasons (barring Pedro level humiliations.)

Tonight is a really bitter pill though.

“Absolutely phenomenal”

It's actually depressing if that is what qualifies for "phenomenal" at Rangers now.

Even trying to use the budget as an excuse when our domestic season has been trash despite outspending everyone else combined other than the mentally challengeds.

Back