Gerrard shrugs off secterian chants

The difference is how you/we react to it.

We want our fans to behave properly. Sure we can sing our songs of celebration of our club and culture but we must cut out chants/songs where it puts down other cultures. The club is right to want this to happen - do you agree?

How other fans choose to conduct themselves is up to them - and remember we are talking about songs/chants and not violence like what the green brigade are involved in.

In a normal country this is how it should be. The pisser in Scotland is that there is a huge imbalance on how sectarian abuse is interpreted, reported and the reactions to it - especially where Rangers are concerned.

The club has put the ball in the SFA court with this so the incident has been highlighted by the club -

A Gers spokesperson said: “The match delegate is aware of sectarian chants from some Aberdeen fans and it is up to the SFA to deal with that.”

As for Gerrard's personal stance - I'd be the same, personally I would not give a fxxk about the chants of a few sheep.

I do get your point about us not being as vocal as others about highlighting sectarianism when directed at us but to be honest this is a fight I, personally, don't want Rangers as a club involved in.

Personally I think this is an issue for fans - as citizens of Scotland - to take up with authorities as this is a bigger issue than just what goes on in football stadiums.

I am sure you will disagree but it is good to get some different opinions on the table about how we should move forward regarding sectarianism.

As for Gerrard's personal stance - I'd be the same, personally I would not give a fxxk about the chants of a few sheep.

Did you just miss the hoo-hah made over this stuff in the last six weeks or so?

The fact is, 99.9% of Rangers fans are on the same page as you. But it's not about behaving different from the offended yahoo brigade. It's about the disparity of how these chants are treated by yahoo propaganda merchants in the press and their outrageous double standards.

And while we got fecked into the SFA last week, why not Dornan and Co, the rest of the Natsis in general and NBM?

Back