Gerrard since joining Villa

This would be a good thread to keep tabs on/discuss the career of a former manager who a fair chunk of us wish well. Being ruined by one particular dickhead though

What did I say negatively about his European record?
You never praised it either but just concentrated on the failures of the domestic side.

I thought I would counter that by showing our European profile escalated under his leadership while building a squad to win the league.

Say what you want about Gerrard but that result simply doesnt happen with him in charge.

I would even say his post match interview would be far different from Gio’s too…”We take it on the chin”

You should have started with an apology and to reimburse the loyal fans who had to sit through that.

Say what you want about Gerrard but that result simply doesnt happen with him in charge.

I would even say his post match interview would be far different from Gio’s too…”We take it on the chin”

You should have started with an apology and to reimburse the loyal fans who had to sit through that.
They should be embarrassed to lift their wages after that "performance" yesterday.

Expecting him to win the league in his first season was pie in the sky stuff considering where we were and where Celtic were. Totally unrealistic.
I said 1st or 2nd season and I stand by it. The gap had been closed by Christmas 2020, we never won it after that because Gerrard's team bottled it.

I said 1st or 2nd season and I stand by it. The gap had been closed by Christmas 2020, we never won it after that because Gerrard's team bottled it.
Or maybe a brand new team and manager done well to be in that position in the first place at Christmas.

Brand new? He'd been in the job 18 months by Christmas 2020 :))

What a feeble excuse.
His first season. And he was never closing the gap on Brendan Rodgers and that Celtic team (who'd been over the course before and together for a while) in 18 months.

His first season. And he was never closing the gap on Brendan Rodgers and that Celtic team (who'd been over the course before and together for a while) in 18 months.
His first season he got a pass because he was a rookie, his 2nd season we bottled it.

Back