Gerrard since joining Villa

There's nothing "more than likely" about it. We had a game in hand and still to play them twice. Quite would you put that potential seven points gain as simply making it still "more than likely" the Behggars would have won, is one only you can answer.

Why is not "more than likely" than we would have scudded them twice, won our game in hand and then overhauled them as their arse collapsed and they dropped four points? Why is that not "more than likely"?
What on earth makes you think all those things would have aligned and we would have gone on to overhaul them? We were atrocious.

Based on the evidence leading up to the event itself, it's pretty fuckin obvious we were in freefall.

It was more than likely that the scum would have gone on to win it. Bookies odds were saying the same thing at the time.

There's nothing "more than likely" about it. We had a game in hand and still to play them twice. Quite would you put that potential seven points gain as simply making it still "more than likely" the Behggars would have won, is one only you can answer.

Why is not "more than likely" than we would have scudded them twice, won our game in hand and then overhauled them as their arse collapsed and they dropped four points? Why is that not "more than likely"?
Because there was nothing at all to suggest they'd drop enough points to makeup the gap, which we needed to happen. We needed to win every single game from the Hamilton defeat onwards, 9 games without losing, in a season where we hadn't had anymore than 5 wins in a row in the league before dropping points.

Needing to win 9 games in a row, including beating them twice, winning our game in hand and hoping for them to drop more? Fantasy stuff. Gerrard didn't have it in him to sustain a title challenge, neck on neck each week, throughout a season. He proved that.

The away from the wife and kids thing was an excuse imo.
Thats football, what about all those players that are loaned constantly , look at Halliday for example.
Or the working class, where guys are on the rigs for weeks at a time.
Plenty can’t or don’t want to handle it in the offshore life too bud, see lots doing 1 trip and rapping it

Don't think he left for football reasons.

He wanted to be nearer his family going by what he said.

Understandable surely.
Thats rubbish, its the life he has choosen.
He played all his days in the city he was from mainly, what does he want.
What would happen if he was offered a job in say Holland.
I think he likes the cushy life, Pedro, PLG, Warburton all arrived.
Didnt hear anything about there family.
What about Jose Mourinho , young family at the time.

Everyone is different and priorities are also different

I want to be near my family is just a ploy.
Who will argue with that, he was lucky he didnt need to leave Liverpool all his playing days.
Think of say cummings or docherty getting loaned to wee teams in the middle if now where at their ages.
SG has had it easy.
Spot on. Still annoys me the way he slinked out the door before a big Hampden cup game with zero fucks given about our great club and it's fans.

Because there was nothing at all to suggest they'd drop enough points to makeup the gap, which we needed to happen. We needed to win every single game from the Hamilton defeat onwards, 9 games without losing, in a season where we hadn't had anymore than 5 wins in a row in the league before dropping points.

Needing to win 9 games in a row, including beating them twice, winning our game in hand and hoping for them to drop more? Fantasy stuff. Gerrard didn't have it in him to sustain a title challenge, neck on neck each week, throughout a season. He proved that.
Absolutely rubbish remind me how many old firm games Celtic won since being awarded the title until Gerrard left.

Absolutely rubbish remind me how many old firm games Celtic won since being awarded the title until Gerrard left.
It was not just those games in the first 11 games we shipped nine points to 3 draws and one defeat what made it worse is they were all home games, This has not really changed after an initial great spell by Gio we went back to too many draws as we just did not have the strikers to finish off teams.

Beale was the driving force in that management team. Gerrard sacked by Christmas…… Snake
Heard this so many times now but if it's true then how come Michael Beale escapes criticism for the dip in Rangers form and the poor results at Villa before he left for QPR?

Everytime I see him now I just shake my head.
‘ let’s have a look at what you could have won ‘……..
Do you honestly think he would've took us as far as Gio has done,yes,no doubt he had a part in it,but he was off before the group sections were completed. I have my doubts whether we would've done,so it makes it all the more remarkable that in such a short time scale Gio got us there and he's much more tactically astute,given he's learned from the best,it's no surprise. Grateful for 55 but mitigating circumstances with them refusing to play for Lennon. I still think we'd have won it,but I don't think for a minute anyone of us would've thought we'd win in a canter

Except that’s not correct is it
Any big name manager doesnt want to work in the midlands.
Manchester, Liverpool or London are the places to be.
SG doesnt want to move his family because he is not committed enough or knows he may get the bullet.
I think he has had it good all his days.

He isn't going to have a cushy life getting pumped every second week at villa now is he?

And you can't judge Gerrard by the actions of other managers.

Any chance you could let us know what manager we could've afforded that would've lifted us from where Gerrard lifted us from and taken us to champions and done it quicker yet you say I'm delusional. I'd like you to look at the facts and see how much we spent after becoming champions and you'll see that Gerrard wasn't backed after taking us to our 55th title which is quite possibly our most important title in our entire history.
Any chance you could let us know what manager we could've afforded that would've lifted us from where Gerrard lifted us from and taken us to champions and done it quicker yet you say I'm delusional. I'd like you to look at the facts and see how much we spent after becoming champions and you'll see that Gerrard wasn't backed after taking us to our 55th title which is quite possibly our most important title in our entire history.
Fanboy nonsense mate. Ignoring reality to piss on the board to protect Gerrard says more about your allegiances than I ever could.

There’s a whole world of coaches out there, and Gerrard wasn’t on peanuts either by the way so let’s not talk as though he was up here for a grand a week. He used us to get an EPL gig, the minute one was offered he tossed us aside and that was that.

It always comes back to “look at where we were before, “look at the last 3 managers”. The previous 3 were pitiful, using them to elevate Gerrard is desperate because really any decent manager should have had us finishing second the minute we were back in the SPL. But I’m sure if/when he tanks at Villa that’ll be someone else’s fault too.

Any big name manager doesnt want to work in the midlands.
Manchester, Liverpool or London are the places to be.
SG doesnt want to move his family because he is not committed enough or knows he may get the bullet.
I think he has had it good all his days.
Gerrard is not a big name manager
Will be plenty applicants for any EPL vacancy

There was 6 euro finalist last season

How many english teams?
1. The same as the other 3 top leagues had?

Not really sure what point you're trying to make but I'll re- word it if you like.

He's managing in one of the best leagues in the world. I think he's already made it.

When Klopp goes Liverpool will have the pick of the stall of world football managers, Gerrard will be nowhere near it.
If he had been a sensation at Villa and continued it he may have had a sniff, but he looks run of the mill in the EPL.
He's only been there nine months ffs. :))

What on earth makes you think all those things would have aligned and we would have gone on to overhaul them? We were atrocious.

Based on the evidence leading up to the event itself, it's pretty fuckin obvious we were in freefall.

It was more than likely that the scum would have gone on to win it. Bookies odds were saying the same thing at the time.
Then we won the league by 25 points and didn't lose a game. There was a chance, but it's gone now.

Fanboy nonsense mate. Ignoring reality to piss on the board to protect Gerrard says more about your allegiances than I ever could.

There’s a whole world of coaches out there, and Gerrard wasn’t on peanuts either by the way so let’s not talk as though he was up here for a grand a week. He used us to get an EPL gig, the minute one was offered he tossed us aside and that was that.

It always comes back to “look at where we were before, “look at the last 3 managers”. The previous 3 were pitiful, using them to elevate Gerrard is desperate because really any decent manager should have had us finishing second the minute we were back in the SPL. But I’m sure if/when he tanks at Villa that’ll be someone else’s fault too.
That'll mean no then.

He has got a lot to prove right now and a public fall out with his captain probably wasn’t the wisest of moves.
However, it’s reminiscent of Souness and SG can build a team given the time to do so.
At Rangers the players ran through walls for him because he was improving the club.
Clearly Villa have some characters in their dressing room who don’t feel the same way.
Also, the departure of Mick Beale will have made the job tougher.

Plenty can’t or don’t want to handle it in the offshore life too bud, see lots doing 1 trip and rapping it
Aye fannies, who would go to all the bother, preparation and cost, set yourself up for something like that and rap it after one trip. Everyone is fearful in new surroundings it’s not nice but have some self respect and consideration for your dependants. It’s not like people are trying to put a double tap in the back of your head. Men should have a bit of pride in themselves and not just bottle it at the first sign of discomfort.
And being a multi millionaire also takes the edge off.

Last edited:
Aye fannies, who would go to all the bother, preparation and cost, set yourself up for something like that and rap it after one trip. Everyone is fearful in new surroundings it’s not nice but have some self respect and consideration for your dependants. It’s not like people are trying to put a double tap in the back of your head. Men should have a bit of pride in themselves and not just bottle it at the first sign of discomfort.
And being a multi millionaire also takes the edge off.
A bit harsh but spoken like someone who has been to hell and back. I can totally see where you are coming from, well said.

Back