Gerrard / St Mirren & Energy Levels

ricksen24

He's wondering did the come back against St Mirren affect our energy levels tonight

Is he real?

Or have I heard him wrong

So this team cant handle playing St Mirren and an injury ridden Sheep team in a week? The same team that was winning and drawing in Europe against top sides last season and still winning again at the weekend.

Gerrard needs a look in the mirror and between him, Beale and the other coaching staff need to come up with some new ideas instead of repeating the same every single game.

What he said made sense. We are not controlling games and given ourselves far too much to do.....it's not rocket science if you are controlling the game you are forcing your opponents to do a lot of running whilst you can make the ball work.
He said our inability to be in control increases the workload and might have had an effect on tonight.

But then again maybe you having played at the level he has then you might know better.

So this team cant handle playing St Mirren and an injury ridden Sheep team in a week? The same team that was winning and drawing in Europe against top sides last season and still winning again at the weekend.

Gerrard needs a look in the mirror and between him, Beale and the other coaching staff need to come up with some new ideas instead of repeating the same every single game.

That same team was controlling the games last season....he also said he needs to fix it.

Maybe if you didn’t play the same players almost every game, most of whom have been travelling all round the world for international games, some players would have energy.

It would also mean those you bring on hoping to save matches for us may be close to some sort of match fitness.

We actually employ sports scientists who can’t even see the basics.

What he said made sense. We are not controlling games and given ourselves far too much to do.....it's not rocket science if you are controlling the game you are forcing your opponents to do a lot of running whilst you can make the ball work.
He said our inability to be in control increases the workload and might have had an effect on tonight.

But then again maybe you having played at the level he has then you might know better.

How long does the fact he was a magic player last?

The come back consisted of what a 10 min burst before resorting in the usual square passing

Thats clutching at straws right there

Not really he made the point we are not doing the footballing part well.

I get you just want to have a rant but you are not really grasping what he said.

1) We played shit.
2) Inability to control games is increasing the workload.
3) It's his job to fix it.

That same team was controlling the games last season....he also said he needs to fix it.
Fix it? Thats brilliant thinking, wish he realised this weeks ago instead of serving up the same pish every week. Even the games we have won have been a struggle.

I suspect we will get the same type of performance on Sunday especially it being a 12pm KO which this team seems not to like.

Fix it? Thats brilliant thinking, wish he realised this weeks ago instead of serving up the same pish every week. Even the games we have won have been a struggle.

I suspect we will get the same type of performance on Sunday especially it being a 12pm KO which this team seems not to like.

So he's a dick we should sack him.....ok then.

Honestly. Get Brandon barker in to the front three. Just do something different, from the same predictable pish that we're seeing week in week out with no results.

Afire enough but in any job if you keep struggling you change things. His total obsession and refusal to play any other system than 433 is disgraceful.
”controlling the game” in our half is useless. We need more pace , more press , more energy and more attacking football. 3 up is a luxury especially when none of them have pace.

With you...along with 55 about a millisecond.

What do you mean

How long are you going to live with the fact he was a magic player as an excuse/comfort blanket?

Ive never rated the guy as a manager which is his current profession.

I don't understand what it matters that he's played at a higher level than anyone?

What do you mean

How long are you going to live with the fact he was a magic player as an excuse/comfort blanket?

I don't understand what it matters that he's played at a higher level than anyone?

You don't rate him as a manager despite his European record and last season. He was over spent by Celtic every season yet still caught them....er ok then.

It would explain though your mind is made hence your inability to actually analyse what he said. What he said was totally understandable/reasonable.

I also think he gets the bottom line it's not good enough. He said as much.

You don't rate him as a manager despite his European record and last season. He was over spent by Celtic every season yet still caught them....er ok then.

It would explain though your mind is made hence your inability to actually analyse what he said. What he said was totally understandable/reasonable.

I also think he gets the bottom line it's not good enough. He said as much.

Celitc were in free fall last year much like us this year a smothering of pressure on this team and they'd have folded like a pack of cards.

Still no answer as to why what level he's played at matters here ?

Celitc were in free fall last year much like us this year a smothering of pressure on this team and they'd have folded like a pack of cards.

You were questioning the logic in what he said-how energy levels in one game can be affected by how a team played in another.

Having played at the very top level he will understand this.

Our record last season transcended Celtic's problems.

I would seriously wonder about you, seriously.

Our record last season transcended Celtic's problems.

I would seriously wonder about you, seriously.

And now we have morphed back into season 1 and season 2 without the European results.

Can’t change a formation can’t make a sub and sticks by his mates/favourites whilst commanding the slowest team in our history.

You can wonder about me all you want there’s plenty saying the same things and the fact he was a magic player no matter how long you hang onto the sentiment makes not a jot of a difference.

What do you mean

You’ve literally never made a positive post on this forum though, so it’s hardly a surprise that you don’t like Gerrard as a manager.

Afire enough but in any job if you keep struggling you change things. His total obsession and refusal to play any other system than 433 is disgraceful.
”controlling the game” in our half is useless. We need more pace , more press , more energy and more attacking football. 3 up is a luxury especially when none of them have pace.

Dont know if its a tactic or not but it seems we very rarely start a move forward until Goldson has had a kick.

And now we have morphed back into season 1 and season 2 without the European results.

Can’t change a formation can’t make a sub and sticks by his mates/favourites whilst commanding the slowest team in our history.

You can wonder about me all you want there’s plenty saying the same things and the fact he was a magic player no matter how long you hang onto the sentiment makes not a jot of a difference.
You are absolutely right there are many who agree with you. At the game I have a young guy behind me who shouts the most inane criticism and in front of me are a group of lads who are frustrated but understand the game and criticise from a position of some knowledge.
The fact you couldn’t follow the managers comments and you think he plays his mates suggests to me your opinion isn’t that informed/developed.

Back