Gerrard stats as he approaches his 100th game

Not too shabby at all, that is championship winning form but let’s hope we can drive it through to the end of the season

Statistics reflect the amazing job he's doing but it's more than that. Player development too - the likes of Jack, Morelos and Borna all flourishing under his guidance. I have no doubt he'll get us to 55 sooner rather than later.

As good as those stats are, they will mean nothing to the vast majority if we don’t win a cup or the league this season.

Would it still mean something to you? It would definitely still mean something to me. I can’t think of anyone realistically I’d rather in the Rangers hot seat right now, than Steven Gerrard.

Always like to see the stats written down even though we all know that we are playing so much better. We know that Gerrard has the ambition and skills to bring us 55 but those figures don't lie. We Welcome the Chase!

The Euro stats are extraordinary, there he has surpassed all reasonable expectations.

To me though, it is the domestic improvement from last season that deserves recognition. It shows that he can recognise how to improve a team and individuals and marks him out as already a really good coach.

European starts shows the fun part. We have all been on a crazy journey from last season.

The domestic stats are where you can see the management team know where to make improvements from last season. Goals scored up and goals conceded down.

Lets keep this momentum going, get down there and support you club when you can in any way possible!

It's also bringing in serious money too. His(and the staffs) ability to set-up a team in Europe is first-rate.

I never expected Us to be so positive and efficient at this point but it's given the Club such a lift alongside domestic form and paid for lads like Kent to sign up.

Gerrard has stamped his character on our team we all knew from watching him lift the level of Liverpool when he was that inspirational captain.

Who was the second loss by more than one goal? I can only think of the scum 2-0 defeat at Ibrox

edit - was the sheep in the cup at Ibrox wasn’t it ?

Those are impressive stats in anyone’s language. However needs to get the first trophy on board.

The progress is clear for all to see and the stats back it up. Gerrard had instilled a winning mentality that will drive us to 55

For me he is learning very fast and the biggest aspect he has improved is the most difficult, consistency. Nothing won yet it must be stressed but only a matter of time if these stats continue.

Those stats are very impressive, especially the European ones. For an inexperienced manager he's doing a great job.

Impressive but the focus needs to be on winning games and winning trophies.

Stats don't tell the whole story if the other mob aren't dropping points and unless we win something it's all irrelevant.

Would it still mean something to you? It would definitely still mean something to me. I can’t think of anyone realistically I’d rather in the Rangers hot seat right now, than Steven Gerrard.
Unfortunately, logical thinking by the majority goes out the window when it comes to the big prizes and stopping them achieving another treble.

There's a definite feeling of being on an upwards trajectory. I feel that the tough qualifying routes in Europe have been the making of the team in some ways, helping encourage a different style of play than we would otherwise have seen cultivated just against jobbers in our own league and bigger European sides later in the competitions

Cheers for posting that mate, I was wondering what his stats would look like, after Tom mentioned it was 99th competitive game in charge last night.

I was thinking same thing......I’m not one of those supporters putting pressure on the gaffer and the team to win a cup or the league, though I’d like to.......I’m just happy we still have a team to support which is definitely going in the right direction and as long as it keeps improving I’m willing to give them as much time as they need......as long as they keep improving though

What a Euro stat , we’ve always had pride in our club , now gave me that back to the team on the pitch , I don’t care what anyone says if he wins the title this season will go down as my favourite manager of all time .

Also we mustn’t forget , that Gerrard could also make us 10s of millions from this group of players . It’s scaring me how much I love this guy :D

Back