Gerrard still a Kop idol as he makes happy return to Anfield with winner for Liverpool Legends

Legend end off

Watched the game and had a chuckle thinking about the numerous crackpots on this forum that demanded Stevie G should play this season.
Beggars belief the people on this forum that think that they are the voice of reason .

It’s been a great international weekend for our players and manager who’s had other duties.

We should be going into training next week flying and thinking %^*& your 10 points the players who want to be or won’t be apart of next squads season will have to show everything they have physically and mentally to play for our great club.

Up The Teds!

Liverpool is a proper football club like ours.

That said, I wish we would cherish our legends a bit more than we do in the social media age where everything they say, do and earn is analysed to the tiniest detail.

Feel we've lost that "once a Ranger always a Ranger" in recent times. It set us apart.

Our Manager.

612-D6358-D9-E1-408-E-877-D-EC109533699-F.jpg

70-BE4-C19-181-E-461-C-AF0-E-FFF3-C6-E21892.jpg

Liverpool is a proper football club like ours.

That said, I wish we would cherish our legends a bit more than we do in the social media age where everything they say, do and earn is analysed to the tiniest detail.

Feel we've lost that "once a Ranger always a Ranger" in recent times. It set us apart.

To be fair mate, it works 2 ways. Those you speak of and I assume you mean boys/ferguson/rae etc....need to remember they were Rangers players and need to defend us more, not blindly, but they'd do well to remember that phrase

Lampard is a prolific goal scorer for a midfielder. He shades it for me.
Chelsea tried to sign Gerrard on a few occasions when they already had Lampard and by all accounts on England duty both players couldn't play together, that speaks volumes on who was better. Lampard was a great player but he wasn't as good as Gerrard.

He had the same swagger on the park as he did 10 years ago, like He's never been away from it.

Gerrard scored in a FA cup final, a League cup final, a UEFA Cup final and most importantly a Champions league final for Liverpool. He was the most clutch midfielder of his generation.

Lampard and him were both world class but it’s worth remembering that Gerrard had inferior team mates for a good chunk of his Liverpool career, whereas Frank was surrounded by elite level players at Chelsea.

Gerrard shades it for me mate.

Chelsea tried to sign Gerrard on a few occasions when they already had Lampard and by all accounts on England duty both players couldn't play together, that speaks volumes on who was better. Lampard was a great player but he wasn't as good as Gerrard.

How does the inability of Lampard and Gerrard to combine well together mean that Gerrard was superior? Talk me through that one.

Lampard should be the one to have scored more goals though as he was more of an attacking midfielder, whereas Gerrard was a genuine box to box player, who also scored a decent amount of goals.

Lampard had the likes of Makalele doing the dirty work, so could sit further forward. Gerrard had to do the Makale job and the Lampard job.

How does the inability of Lampard and Gerrard to combine well together mean that Gerrard was superior? Talk me through that one.
Not that difficult to get his point surely?

If two players can't play together then it means only one is gonna play. Therefore if they were trying to sign Gerrard then it would mean they wanted him to play in front of Lampard.

Not that I'm saying that was the case but that was obviously the posters point.

Well if Chelsea already have Lampard who many seem to think was better than Gerrard why were they trying so hard to sign Gerrard. In my opinion that shows that Chelsea hierarchy rated Gerrard as a better player than Lampard. I doubt either player would be happy to be just a squad player..

Well if Chelsea already have Lampard who many seem to think was better than Gerrard why were they trying so hard to sign Gerrard. In my opinion that shows that Chelsea hierarchy rated Gerrard as a better player than Lampard. I doubt either player would be happy to be just a squad player..
Maybe the fact they didn't play well together was also down to the club rivalries? It's been touched on that the rivalries remained when on international duty and they didn't readily mix and stayed in their own groups. United players sat together, Liverpool similar, Chelsea the same. That chemistry wasn't harvested between players, there was a divide. Some teams take a time and chemistry to gel. Also a better manager than England had would find a formula.

Not a chance in hell either would be seen as a squad player.

Lampard should be the one to have scored more goals though as he was more of an attacking midfielder, whereas Gerrard was a genuine box to box player, who also scored a decent amount of goals.

Lampard had the likes of Makalele doing the dirty work, so could sit further forward. Gerrard had to do the Makale job and the Lampard job.

Spot on. Was about to say that Lampard had no dig in the tackle and was really an attacking mid, while Gerrard had the full package. He was a better passer as well.

A thread about Gerrard and the usual Lampard stuff crops up.

Surprised Scholes hasn't been dragged in to it too.

Some of the comments are daft and some a bit more reasoned.

There is no right answer as to who was best and its all been done to death countless times.

Last edited:
I was at the game yesterday and you just knew at 2 each that Gerrard would score the winner.

He had a few chances throughout the game and everytime he touched the baw the crowd were screaming for him to shoot lol.

Gattuso still got that wee mad man swagger lol
U have colours on? If so anybody comment? Any rangers tops at all?

Back