Gerrard: Sutton doesnt deserve airtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneasydaz

RANGERS boss Steven Gerrard has told James Tavernier to shut Chris Sutton up — by winning the Betfred Cup Final.

Former Celtic star Sutton branded Light Blues captain Tav a “serial loser” ahead of the Old Firm showdown.

The pundit, who will cover the final for BT Sport, also insisted defeat to the holders would see Gerrard branded a “nearly manager”.

But the Gers boss has told Tavernier to silence all of his critics by lifting Rangers’ first major trophy in eight years.

He said: “I haven’t gone over James’ career in fine detail in terms of the setbacks or good parts.

“But what I do know is that he is a fantastic player and a good person and he has done ever so well to have the opportunity to be in a final.

Now he has got to make sure he is on the right end of it.

“Football always gives you a chance if you’re the right age to right wrongs and prove people wrong.”

On Sutton’s pre-match outburst, Gerrard added: “I am not going to get involved in those comments.

“I don’t think that person deserves the airtime so let’s just focus on the players that are going to be involved in the final.

We are in a game where there are a lot of constructive opinions about players collectively and individually and we are also in an era where there are people that want to make unnecessary headlines.

“That is life. We all have to deal with that. I am not going to give someone headlines who has got absolutely nothing to do with this final.”

Tavernier, who would be the first Gers captain to lift a major trophy since David Weir in 2011, labelled Sutton’s comments “irrelevant” ahead of the sellout final.

He said: “He is a previous player and it is something that maybe you shouldn’t be saying about other players but I don’t take any notice.

“It is a bit irrelevant but I’ll brush it to one side. I won’t be calling him.

“He can have his say and if it pleases him, it pleases him.

But I have to do my talking on the pitch.

“Is it disrespectful? Yeah, it is. But I shrug things off that are negative.

“I don’t need negativity in my life.

The fans have waited long enough.

“I have been here for five years and we are all hungry to win silverware and we know that we need to bring silverware back to Ibrox.”

Sutton is a piece of shite... a complete chunt .... His words best be stuck on the wall of the Rangers dressing room Sunday.... If ever there was a rallying point for a Rangers win muttons words are it.... You can bet from the gaffer on down through the team... this will be played + won for our captain.... I was sitting at 50/50 but now I'm full on 100% for a Rangers win... I hope the bears n bearettes sing loud + proud of our #2 + captain... from the moment they walk into hampden unti long after JT has raised the cup...

Sutton's first thought in the morning is Helicopter Sunday. His last thought at night is Helicopter Sunday. If his team win on Sunday, his first thought after the final whistle will be Helicopter Sunday. If Rangers win his first thought will be Helicopter Sunday.
It's so obvious he carries this huge chip on his bankrupt shoulders.
He's a damaged man and it's a delight to see.

Sutton's first thought in the morning is Helicopter Sunday. His last thought at night is Helicopter Sunday. If his team win on Sunday, his first thought after the final whistle will be Helicopter Sunday. If Rangers win his first thought will be Helicopter Sunday.
exactly. Only someone as hurt as he is would make some of the comments he has over the years.

Someone ask him what the payrolls are for each team and then which team SHOULD win the final. The pressure is on the dirty scum Separate Entity FC. Mutton and some of his other fellow scum commentators are trying desperately to shift the pressure on us.

To say the Gerrard is a 'nearly manager' for not winning on Sunday with the disparity of the two wage bills is just complete BS. Everyone with half a brain can see that Gerrard is already a much better manager than popcorn teeth over there and he's only 1.5 seasons in!

RANGERS boss Steven Gerrard has told James Tavernier to shut Chris Sutton up — by winning the Betfred Cup Final.

Former Celtic star Sutton branded Light Blues captain Tav a “serial loser” ahead of the Old Firm showdown.

The pundit, who will cover the final for BT Sport, also insisted defeat to the holders would see Gerrard branded a “nearly manager”.

But the Gers boss has told Tavernier to silence all of his critics by lifting Rangers’ first major trophy in eight years.

He said: “I haven’t gone over James’ career in fine detail in terms of the setbacks or good parts.

“But what I do know is that he is a fantastic player and a good person and he has done ever so well to have the opportunity to be in a final.

Now he has got to make sure he is on the right end of it.

“Football always gives you a chance if you’re the right age to right wrongs and prove people wrong.”

On Sutton’s pre-match outburst, Gerrard added: “I am not going to get involved in those comments.

“I don’t think that person deserves the airtime so let’s just focus on the players that are going to be involved in the final.

We are in a game where there are a lot of constructive opinions about players collectively and individually and we are also in an era where there are people that want to make unnecessary headlines.

“That is life. We all have to deal with that. I am not going to give someone headlines who has got absolutely nothing to do with this final.”

Tavernier, who would be the first Gers captain to lift a major trophy since David Weir in 2011, labelled Sutton’s comments “irrelevant” ahead of the sellout final.

He said: “He is a previous player and it is something that maybe you shouldn’t be saying about other players but I don’t take any notice.

“It is a bit irrelevant but I’ll brush it to one side. I won’t be calling him.

“He can have his say and if it pleases him, it pleases him.

But I have to do my talking on the pitch.

“Is it disrespectful? Yeah, it is. But I shrug things off that are negative.

“I don’t need negativity in my life.

The fans have waited long enough.

“I have been here for five years and we are all hungry to win silverware and we know that we need to bring silverware back to Ibrox.”

A failure ??
Is Mr Sutton not Bankrupt ?
And Tav drives a brand new Ferrari you fkn knobo !

Great teply

bt sport will likely take the pish out of Sutton over this

should be good viewing watching Sutton squirm

Well said Stevie and Tav.
That prick Sutton is out of order on this.
To suggest that SG after such a short time at Ibrox having inherited a mess, should be judged on this one cup Final is ridiculous.
Anyone would think he is trying to wind up one of the two clubs that he is supposed to be commentating on....
Out of order.

Well said Stevie, unfortunately BT sport give this kunt airtime and we have to listen to his shite, so cmon Rangers go out there and destroy them, put this mouthpiece firmly in his box

Sutton is playing mind games in the hope of getting a reaction and giving his team some sort of advantage to the paedophile protectors by making this personal. I would hope after a win on Sunday he is not referenced at all. Watching the BT thing last night it was apparent to me that he is a pretty horrible individual. Peter Grant, a guy I hated when he played showed he had more class in his big toe than Sutton with his comments regards the rivalry.

Where did the gaffer make these comments? Didn't hear them in the presser yesterday.

I’m sure Tav’s pressser was at the HTC, I believe the gaffers was later at Hampden. Most likely due to sponsor reasons.

There are far too many folk willing to lap the Sutton stuff up and get upset about it. He's all about creating controversy that isn't there and people play right into it.

On occasion when he's talking about football he can actually be decent but he's all about trying to get viewers and it works.

I've never taken anything he says seriously, nor have I got angry over any of it.

How can bankrupt bawbag label anyone a failure?
Exactly mate.

I was reading through the thread and thought, "rupty up to his old tricks again, ho hum" and saw that you had beaten me to it.

If the players needed any extra incentive to stuff those bassas on Sunday, then "rupty" has just provided it.

Henceforth I shall refer to him by his new name. Hopefully it'll catch on.

As much as some people might question McCoist and his management here, to the wider UK audience he's a nice guy and a great ambassador for the club. He's usually positive, friendly and shys away from making brash comments and arguing with other people. When people think of Celtic and their supporters, an absolute reprobate like Sutton being the public face of their club seems unbelievably suitable.

Steven Gerard or James Tavernier as opposed to someone convicted of spitting in an opposing fan’s face?

Good post above. I had said something similar on the other thread.
Tavernier is a gentleman both on and off the pitch and he doesn't spit on members of the public when they pass a remark that he dislikes. Nor as far as I am aware does he have a criminal record for spitting/assault. Now that seems like a loser's behaviour to me, eh Sutton.
Steven Gerard or James Tavernier as opposed to someone convicted of spitting in an opposing fan’s face? No contest for me.

As much as some people might question McCoist and his management here, to the wider UK audience he's a nice guy and a great ambassador for the club. He's usually positive, friendly and shys away from making brash comments and arguing with other people. When people think of Celtic and their supporters, an absolute reprobate like Sutton being the public face of their club seems unbelievably suitable.

Correct.

He's perfect for them and they deserve each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back