Gerrard this season

He’s been reserved this season but I hope when we win it he goes absolutely mental, he deserves it
Think he will. At that point it's gonna be too hard to contain.

I think every rangers fan across the world will go absolutely mental when that whistle gets blown and noone will really anticipate just how much it's going to mean until it happens, and there will be no holding back.

We can all sit here and plan what we are gonna be like but at the end of the day when that whistle is blown noone is gonna think back "what whats my plan?" it's going to be sheer joy and emotions driving it. Knowing that at that exact second we've just won the league after all the attempts to kill us and everything we've been through. Nothing will come close and nothing will compare.

Either way Gerrard knows we've won the league but obviously can't show that level of complacency or it will show within the team and we'd blow it. But he knows. Everyone knows. It's over.

Only wish we could have 50,000 fans in Ibrox to enjoy this with him and the team.

He gets it, he gets us, he IS one of us now. But I don’t think he realises just how mental every single fan will go when he delivers us 55. And my god, he deserves it. What he has done in 3 years is nothing short of exceptional.

I f*cking love Steven Gerrard.

He is class personified and the ultimate pro.

Heard him speak many a time about being obsessed to be the best as a player, and he has instilled this in most of the squad.

Souness is rightly credited for transforming Scottish football, Gerrard is doing this too.

Destined to become an immortal

5a583a399c6043eafb252b91ca582565.jpg

Wow I kinda forgot that side of him , he's so calm these days . He's gonna gonna go nuts soon .
So lucky he is and we are . Perfect fit .

He’s been reserved this season but I hope when we win it he goes absolutely mental, he deserves it

As will we all.

I think the calmer Gerrard is down to the lack of fans. He is a football man and plays for the fans and celebrates and reacts with the fans and has the same emotions as we do.

It will great day when we seal the league and it will be one of the most emotional days ever when we all get back to Ibrox together and the teams come out.

Easier to stay calm and collected when there is no fans there.

Heartbreaking we won’t be there, but a small price to pay.

He has that sense of determination, desire and just an incredibly honesty that makes him the right guy to sit alongside all the other great Rangers managers.

I will be so pleased for him, that he was the man to deliver our 55.

Most of us loved his appointment, obviously had all the right attributes, his potential was unlimited.
Still a bit of a rookie, but 2 and a half years at Ibrox at the time he came in is like 10 years experience for most new managers. Some first job to take, and not half grew into it.
Imagine if he becomes a better manager than he was a player? :)

He’s learned such a lot in terms of offering them nothing at all.
When he celebrated at their dump they probably used that as a way of getting themselves motivated.
If we don’t react like that until we truly win something then we give them zero motivation.
I’m all for that.
You win football matches off the pitch too

This job was always going to make or break him with the magnitude of our club. The turnaround has been remarkable. I used to panic watching us in europe under Smith but under Gerrard we are a pleasure to watch.

Got goosebumps watching that - hard to believe how bad we were when he arrived compared to now.

He's clearly showing a bit more experience this season and being a lot more composed, but I hope he goes f*cking mental the moment we clinch it like the rest of us will be.

Most of us loved his appointment, obviously had all the right attributes, his potential was unlimited.
Still a bit of a rookie, but 2 and a half years at Ibrox at the time he came in is like 10 years experience for most new managers. Some first job to take, and not half grew into it.
Imagine if he becomes a better manager than he was a player? :)
I don't think he gets the credit for the bravery of his decision to come. We were a wreck and had been through some huge lows. To look at us and fancy it is a sign of the man he is. To get us to where we are in three years is remarkable. I am still not celebrating though!

Honestly think he took a lot of undeserved stick for the celebrations at Parkhead. And a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon because the way the 2nd half of the season turned out

Back