Gerrard to Newcastle, we have seen this movie before

Tend to agree with this. If Gerrard was offered big money, huge transfer budget, chance to prove himself in the EPL at a club not traditional rivals of Liverpool and a move closer to his family, I certainly think he'd consider it. Also agree that he'll walk at the end of the season if we qualify for the CL and he doesn't have funds which he believes will allow us to be competitive. He'll say he's taken us as far as he can. To be fair, if you look at what he inherited and he takes us to successive league titles and into the CL, who could argue?
Closer by about 30 miles / 20 minutes, I wouldn’t think that would swing it.

Where is this pish coming from, mate other than mild speculation in rags?

With the money potentially being pumped into Newcastle, I think they will be going for a higher profile manager with a proven track record.

SG’s odds have went way out, I wouldn’t be surprised IF his odds were so short due to eejits listening to jakeball Brazil and placing ets accordingly.

Where is this pish coming from, mate other than mild speculation in rags?

With the money potentially being pumped into Newcastle, I think they will be going for a higher profile manager with a proven track record.
Apart from the pape media ramping it up because it’s there only chance of their team getting a sniff of the title this season,just read this thread from the beginning.It really is absurd and verging on the edge of extreme.People need to read to what this bullshit is because that exactly what it is.Gerrard may fancy a move at some point.He will want a crack at CL.Newcastle aint going to give him that.

Last edited:
Gerrard won't be going to Newcastle. Winless in the league and a season long survival scrap the immediate future, both him and Newcastle would be off their heads.

My love for Gerrard is off the charts , and we will never know how things would’ve gone without that man ( forever having 10 shoved in our faces ) and in Europe he’s gave us our pride back.

However If this is true we need to man up show our gratitude and hope that wee Beale stays and takes the reigns as a continuation rather than another rebuild situation. Nothing lasts forever in football and in life but continuity is generally good and wee Beale is ready I feel.

We would be due huge compensation for the release of Gerrard and you’d imagine if he goes to Newcastle he will buy Morelos and Kamara and pay top whack as well to help the club. So let’s wait and see what transpired before going mad.

SG’s odds have went way out, I wouldn’t be surprised IF his odds were so short due to eejits listening to jakeball Brazil and placing ets accordingly.
100% mate.
1 of my mates on our WhatsApp group posted on Friday he'll be gone all down to what brazil had said.
My mate is Rangers daft, sensible, staunch, a season ticket holder blah, blah and he came out with this pish
Folk believe anything these days.

I’m confident Gerrard will remain Rangers manager
As am I but it’s madness to dismiss it out of hand. If the Newcastle owners put a serious proposal to Gerrard , he’s a switched on professional guy who will weigh up his options.

Unlike some posters I think Newcastle MIGHT be a club he would consider in terms of he loves a passionate fan base it was one of the reasons he came to us. Also Newcastle have achieved the square root of fck all , if he was to go there and win even a league cup he’d be seen as a god, certainly initially. Their fans are starved of success. Expectations would grow of course but the truth is we just need to wait and see here and hope they appoint someone else.

As am I but it’s madness to dismiss it out of hand. If the Newcastle owners put a serious proposal to Gerrard , he’s a switched on professional guy who will weigh up his options.

Unlike some posters I think Newcastle MIGHT be a club he would consider in terms of he loves a passionate fan base it was one of the reasons he came to us. Also Newcastle have achieved the square root of fck all , if he was to go there and win even a league cup he’d be seen as a god, certainly initially. Their fans are starved of success. Expectations would grow of course but the truth is we just need to wait and see here and hope they appoint someone else.
I dismiss it out of hand

Its nonsense.

Who’s to say Liverpool will ever want him?
That’s a very distinct possibility.

Gerrard is in no way a shoe-in for that job.

He’s certainly done his chances no harm at all by winning the title last season, but he needs to do more before he’s a realistic contender, IMO, and the failure to qualify for the CL this season may give them cause for thought.

Liverpool are a global footballing brand, an elite super club with shareholders to answer to as well as a massive and demanding fanbase.

At this point in time they’re more likely to go for someone with a greater proven track record than Gerrard so I’m comfortable he’ll be going nowhere for another couple of years at least and I highly doubt it will be to Newcastle when he does.

That’s a very distinct possibility.

Gerrard is in no way a shoe-in for that job.

He’s certainly done his chances no harm at all by winning the title last season, but he needs to do more before he’s a realistic contender, IMO, and the failure to qualify for the CL this season may give them cause for thought.

Liverpool are a global footballing brand, an elite super club with shareholders to answer to as well as a massive and demanding fanbase.

At this point in time they’re more likely to go for someone with a greater proven track record than Gerrard so I’m comfortable he’ll be going nowhere for another couple of years at least and I highly doubt it will be to Newcastle when he does.
I don't think Gerrard will go anywhere until the Liverpool job becomes available. If he doesn't get it at that point I think he will then move on to the Premier League and try and prove himself there to get the Liverpool job next time around.

I don't think Gerrard will go anywhere until the Liverpool job becomes available. If he doesn't get it at that point I think he will then move on to the Premier League and try and prove himself there to get the Liverpool job next time around.

Klopp has raised Liverpool, and that job, to an elite level. Before him the likes of Rodgers, Hodgson and even a retired Kenny Dalglish got the Liverpool manager's job.

Klopp has taken them to a level where that's probably not the case anymore and after he leaves they'll be looking at a manager at the level of Conte, Tuchel, Pep etc.

My love for Gerrard is off the charts , and we will never know how things would’ve gone without that man ( forever having 10 shoved in our faces ) and in Europe he’s gave us our pride back.

However If this is true we need to man up show our gratitude and hope that wee Beale stays and takes the reigns as a continuation rather than another rebuild situation. Nothing lasts forever in football and in life but continuity is generally good and wee Beale is ready I feel.

We would be due huge compensation for the release of Gerrard and you’d imagine if he goes to Newcastle he will buy Morelos and Kamara and pay top whack as well to help the club. So let’s wait and see what transpired before going mad.
If what is true?

I think folk forget the worldwide fan base Gerrard has. Search twitter for Gerrard every day and there are new posts up celebrating his goals - on a daily basis fgs !!!

Why would he want to ruin the Gerrard "brand" by working for someone with the Newcastle owners background? It doesnt compute.

Parhaps.
But he could put his feet up after us and earn a lucrative salary as a pundit. Like many of his fellow ex playing peers have done.
If his perfect job doesn't materialize for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a different direction.
It's an opinion on what could happen. If you don't agree with it - I won't lose any sleep.
The pundits are usually the ones not up to management, or can’t get good gigs anymore.

Gerrard isn’t giving up management at a young age, unless he fails spectacularly.

Gerrard to Newcastle for $20m, I’d take it

Then, just bring an interim manager, with Scottish Football experience in for the remainder of the season

Look no further than Neil Lennon :oops:B-D

Gerrard would be off in a flash if Newcastle wanted him but I'd be astonished if he was anywhere near their shortlist. They're now the richest club in the world - they won't be scouring the Scottish Prem for management talent.

My tuppence worth is that Newcastle would be a good fit for SG. Massive club with a huge loyal support. A real sleeping giant. Near his home and oddles of cash. A stepping stone to Liverpool. IF he goes then good luck and I wish him well as long as he offers ridiculous money for some of our players :cool:

Newcastle can clearly afford to get a quality experienced manager in place.
I think it extremely unlikely that they’d go for a new manager like Gerrard.
The profile of who they choose will be someone who has managed in several leagues and won titles in more than one country.

Gerrard would be off in a flash if Newcastle wanted him but I'd be astonished if he was anywhere near their shortlist. They're now the richest club in the world - they won't be scouring the Scottish Prem for management talent.
Mike Ashley is a lot richer than Dave King, but that didn’t count for anything.

My point is that it’s not how much the owners have, but how much they’re willing to invest, and what their long-term intent is.

Newcastle are currently in the relegation zone and their new owners are an unknown quantity. Any currently employed manager going there is taking a risk.

My tuppence worth is that Newcastle would be a good fit for SG. Massive club with a huge loyal support. A real sleeping giant. Near his home and oddles of cash. A stepping stone to Liverpool. IF he goes then good luck and I wish him well as long as he offers ridiculous money for some of our players :cool:
Wouldn’t say it’s ‘near’ his home mate.:eek: According to Google it’s about 30 minutes quicker in driving time than it is from Glasgow. Hardly a real difference-maker.

Money, for him and to spend, is a different matter.

Though I don’t think they will come calling.

In terms of money they can bag anyone interested but theyll want someone who they feel is Box Office and that generally means a Manager with big time EPL/CL experience.

Conte seems a good fit since he loves money and has proven to be a winner over and over.

I think Gerrard would be an excellent appointment from their perspective but I dont see them going after him simply because hes not yet Managed outside of Scotland. He would one of the best appointments they could make at this stage really but Id be quite happy for them to look elsewhere.

Right now it’s not a good fit for Gerrard. Look at their league position, the run of matches they have coming up and the absolute dross he’d have to work with - their squad is rotten. The pressure of staying up and if it went wrong, he wouldn’t last long.

I don’t think Gerrard would touch the Newcastle job, nor will any top manager.

Back