Legends game v Liverpool announced

BT or Sky mate

If either wants to make a bumper donation then, obviously, that would be great.

On a personal level I'd prefer it to be RangersTV and a full stadium rather than a half-full stadium and shown on Sky/BT. I appreciate, though, that the main goal here is to raise funds. A full stadium and Sky coverage - at a bumper cost - would be wonderful in that context.

This will, hopefully, capture the imagination and lead to a sell-out crowd.

Liverpool take these legends games seriously, so I'd imagine we'll try get some guys who are not long retired or still playing at a level.

The Scottish MSM are going to hate this.
It will be interesting if they try to ignore it.
A big event and a special relationship that does not involve their beloved poops.

Great to hear that Rangers and Liverpool are combining to raise money for two fantastic charities and that the Gaffer is leading the way.

Can he just put that kit on for us at some point? Great event for a great cause and I hope it’s a sellout. I’ll be there. I hope we actually have a good team as the Liverpool legends take these games seriously.

An 'iconic' photo of Gerrard in a blue shirt celebrating scoring a goal for Rangers against his beloved Liverpool would sell in its thousands LOL.

If either wants to make a bumper donation then, obviously, that would be great.

On a personal level I'd prefer it to be RangersTV and a full stadium rather than a half-full stadium and shown on Sky/BT. I appreciate, though, that the main goal here is to raise funds. A full stadium and Sky coverage - at a bumper cost - would be wonderful in that context.

This will, hopefully, capture the imagination and lead to a sell-out crowd.

It will sell out mate priced right 3 o’clock kick off and for every penny to go to his family.

Last edited:
"Tickets for a Legends Dinner at the Glynhill Hotel on Friday 11th October"

Anyone know anything about this place? Normally we use city centre hotels

Steven Gerrard is to pull the boots back on in a glamour friendly at Ibrox ... AGAINST Rangers.
The Ibrox manager will captain a Liverpool Legends side in the fixture against a home team made up of icons including Michael Mols, Richard Gough and many others.

it will be the chance to see Gerrard in action at Ibrox - for the first time since he became manager in 2018 - which will draw the most attention.
The 39-year-old will skipper a Reds side including Jamie Carragher, Patrik Berger, Jason McAteer and Luis Garcia for the game on Saturday, October 12, during the international break.
He remains a legend at Liverpool after a 17-year career in which he famously led the Anfield club to Champions League glory in 2005.

Alex McLeish will manage the Rangers side which is to be captained by 9 in a row hero Gough, 57, who said: "It will be a pleasure to pull on my boots once again and run out at Ibrox.

"I'm expecting this to be a really competitive game and it will be an exciting match for both fans or Rangers and Liverpool to enjoy.
"I know that the Gers fans will come out in their numbers to see a well-contested game of football and some of the greatest players to have ever played the game."
Opposite number McAteer said: "I'm delighted to be playing at Ibrox next month.

Dutch legend Mols limbered up for the clash at the weekend by climbing Ben Nevis for the Rangers Charity Foundation.
He was joined by Marco Negri who later posted a video of the pair nearing the summit of Scotland's highest peak - with the Italian proving his fitness by doing some press-ups on his way.
For ticket details, visit Rangers website.

EDIT* just seen the other thread on this. Feel free to chop.

Like other posters I would love it if Gerrard could play a half in a Rangers top, I would settle for 10 mins though.
What if he scores for Liverpool, do we cheer, clap or politely smile, oh the dilemma.
Really looking forward to this.

Back