Gerrard under no pressure to sell Tavernier or Morelos this summer

Tavernier is simply not for sale unless we get well over £20 million Morelos on the other hand is replaceable as Defoe has showed so £15 million and a sell on clause and he can go
I’m really glad you are nowhere near negotiating fees for our players.
Martin Bain mark 2 you are.

I'd be absolutely gutted to lose Tav but would not begrudge him a move to EPL.

Morelos - I would accept a decent offer to get some much needed cash in the door. And I don't think we need another Morelos circus next season.

Tavernier is simply not for sale unless we get well over £20 million Morelos on the other hand is replaceable as Defoe has showed so £15 million and a sell on clause and he can go
Nobody is paying that for Tavernier. Best player last season. But he won't have sell on value in 4 years time whereas Morelos could be worth double

It shouldn't be a case of not being under pressure to sell them - we should be doing what we can to keep them for a bit longer. Especially Tavernier.

Nobody is paying that for Tavernier. Best player last season. But he won't have sell on value in 4 years time whereas Morelos could be worth double
Thats what he is worth to us as a player if nobody pays that then imo he goes no where and your correct on Morelos but he needs to get his head right

We need as settled team as possible to hit the ground running. I hope we keep them both, as long as Alfie sorts his discipline out.

Morelos is the best striker we've had since jelavic. Too many people are hung up on the red card in the old firm game but where would we have finished if Alfie didn't win the games for us that he did. I want him here for this season to help us win the league and I love watching him play we won't get another striker like him for a while unless we get lucky so I want tot enjoy it as much as I can

Morelos is the best striker we've had since jelavic. Too many people are hung up on the red card in the old firm game but where would we have finished if Alfie didn't win the games for us that he did. I want him here for this season to help us win the league and I love watching him play we won't get another striker like him for a while unless we get lucky so I want tot enjoy it as much as I can

Do you think Defoe would have scored the same amount if he played all season?

Do you think Defoe would have scored the same amount if he played all season?
Hard to tell mate he could possibly but Alfie has proved he can do it. Also Morelos is unplayable on his day defoe is good in the box but his all round games nothing compared to Morelos

I’m now of the opinion that if an acceptable offer comes in for Morelos, then it’s in our best interests to accept it.

However, I’d be gutted if Tavernier left.
Aye it maybe accepted but i for one will be gutted if Alfredo leaves us, not just James.

It may be in (your words) our best interests to allow him to leave, but where do we replace his goal tally from, Defoe still has goals I’m him for now, but one injury to jermain leaves us impotent upfront.

IMO, Alfredo must stay

The 5 guys behind the ball at that point didnt annoy you? There wasn't a goal on until the defence opened like te Red Sea. Seasons best player.

It was Tav’s mistake. Any time he makes a mistake folk are desperate to shift the blame to anyone else. In a moment of madness he took us from being comfortable in possession. to being right on the back foot a man light in defence, they moved the ball so fast the rest never got to recover, and I doubt they anticipated Tav giving it up so cheaply.

He played a great game that day but ultimately he switched off and it cost us the game.

Last edited:
Hard to tell mate he could possibly but Alfie has proved he can do it. Also Morelos is unplayable on his day defoe is good in the box but his all round games nothing compared to Morelos

He hasn’t done it against Celtic mate.

Hope if he stays he’s learned but as someone said we don’t need the side show.

If Tav played in the Premiership how much would he be worth ?
If Morelos scored the amount of goals he's scored in the Premiership,how much would English clubs pay for him ?

If the mankies can claim the wonder boy is worth £25m,then how much is a player in the peak of his career who has scored plenty of goals and loads of assists,puts great balls into the box and has a fantastic engine on him and blows the wonder boy out the water.

All the wonder boy has on his side is age and a willing media trying to bump up his value.

Tav would be a hard player to replace without spending a shitload of money as quality doesn't come cheap and looking at the stats between the wonder boy and Tav,Tav is worth far more than him.

Tav was our best player last year. He's a machine, reliable, has come on defensively and his assists and goal return is incredible. I'd be devistated if he went.

Morelos, of course his goals speak for themselves and its even more impressive with the amount of games he missed but that can be replaced in my opinion.

If I had the choice then I would not be relying on Morelos for next season. Many will disagree but he cannot be trusted.

Since when has it been easier to replace a 30 goal a season striker than a right back?

It flies in the face of all known facts in football.

It was Tav’s mistake. Any time he makes a mistake folk are desperate to shift the blame to anyone else. In a moment of madness he took us from being comfortable in possession. to being right on the back foot a man light in defence, they moved the ball so fast the rest never got to recover, and I doubt they anticipated Tav giving it up so cheaply.

He played a great game that day but ultimately he switched off and it cost us the game.

It was Tav's mistake, no question and it led to their winning goal.

He'd also probably been the best player on the park up until then and gave the mentally challengeds no end of trouble with his constant marauding down the right, including his brilliant run and pass for our goal.

However, thanks to Morelos's petulance we'd been playing with one hand tied behind our back most of the game.

I still believe his stupidity that day was a turning point in how Gerrard perceives him and trusts him going forward mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tavernier definitely gave the ball away but I can’t agree that the players behind him didn’t have time to react.

He's never felt pressure in his career until he's been at Rangers.

His reds have been for lashing out... not for challanges.
That’s fair but he’s not stopping the lashing out. Provoked or not, no-one else that I can think of in the league has reacted as much as he has. He’s not the only player to get kicked.

Tavernier definitely gave the ball away but I can’t agree that the players behind him didn’t have time to react.

Something I keep pointing out to people is that everyone gives the ball awayand 9/10 it gets recovered. When tav gives it away it often leads to a goal against us.
When you look at how we set up everyone is so assured that Tav won’t give it away and in fact that we will creat a chance it leaves us exposed if he does on a rare occasion give it away .

I'm hoping he's being cagey with that "happy to go with what we've got" comment.

Kent has gone and Ojo would replace him, I dont even know if that's an upgrade to the starting 11 or just the same.

It was Tav's mistake, no question and it led to their winning goal.

He'd also probably been the best player on the park up until then and gave the mentally challengeds no end of trouble with his constant marauding down the right, including his brilliant run and pass for our goal.

However, thanks to Morelos's petulance we'd been playing with one hand tied behind our back most of the game.

I still believe his stupidity that day was a turning point in how Gerrard perceives him and trusts him going forward mate.
I think it was certainly a turning point for many of us mate. It felt like the last straw for me. I'm actually more than happy for us to cash in on Morelos now. I think we have to. We don't need another circus next season.

We'll see what happens but I would be far more upset seeing Tav leave.

You might be right but how do you get these feelings?

When a manager forces a player to make a public apology and says he can no longer defend him, shows a change in the situation imo Tazza.

I think it was certainly a turning point for many of us mate. It felt like the last straw for me. I'm actually more than happy for us to cash in on Morelos now. I think we have to. We don't need another circus next season.

We'll see what happens but I would be far more upset seeing Tav leave.

I like Morelos as a player mate, but when it comes to our big games, you're looking for big performances from your big players.

He let us down more than once last season.

I like Morelos as a player mate, but when it comes to our big games, you're looking for big performances from your big players.

He let us down more than once last season.
100%.

I like him as well when his is on it and focused properly.

But I am not sure he can be trusted. He may try and control it a bit better, but ultimately he has it in him to see red mist. It's always bubbling under. Several times the manager has had to sit him down - but he still does it. Frustrating. Interested to see how it pans out. If he stays - which I doubt - he will get my backing but he has to control himself and not become a liability.

the thing that frustrates me more than anything with Morelos is his inability to learn ...... after 10 games missed through suspension he scores against Kilmarnock and is booked for gesturing to kilmarnock fans ...... he just doesn't listen

I'm hoping he's being cagey with that "happy to go with what we've got" comment.

Kent has gone and Ojo would replace him, I dont even know if that's an upgrade to the starting 11 or just the same.

They play different positions. Not having Kent means a drop in quality. We are already missing that bit of extra quality.

They play different positions. Not having Kent means a drop in quality. We are already missing that bit of extra quality.

I thought Kent and Ojo played in similar positions mate, but, that said, I don't know an awful lot about Ojo.

I hope neither leave, as their replacement would not be as good.

It’s obvious. The squad is big, so it will likely be a like for like replacement. One striker out, one striker in. One striker for £20m out, and one in for £5m.

The team will be weaker if either leave, as we simply won’t spent all the money to replace them and we don’t have the room to upgrade 2 or 3 positions for one fee.

For the money the Tim’s are wanting for teirney then we could easily match that for tav. His goals and assists alone would get that for a right back even if it’s pks still got to score then. Every player has a price. If they quote 25 for Tierney then there is no reason why we can’t say the same for tav! Obv a would love him to stay.

For Morelos he’s had enough chances for me 10 million plus a 20 per cent add on clause I would except as long as we can spend the money on a couple more signings

He's confirmed there's an offer in for Kent and that we would like another CB.

Honestly, some of the folk on this forum. How do you cope when your missus goes for a night out?

I’ve a feeling Morelos will go, but it’ll be late on in the window and for less than many appear to believe he’s worth.

I think Tav will stay.

Back