Gerrard urges fans to cut it out

But you might sing a song that that is heavily associated but drop that word and think it'll be fine? I assume not because that would be naive and a bit stupid.
I wouldn't encourage the singing of the two songs that contain the word as many will be unable to stop themselves from saying it (out of habit/not knowing, etc.). As I am neither naive or stupid I can see that scenario happening and the club being charged. I am in favour of a complete drop of the two songs containing it until they can be reworked (and the message spread over a period of time) or we have further clarity on when/where the word is viewed as illicit. If governing bodies want to equate the 'F-word' with the 'N-word' then we have no choice but to drop it, and drop it happily. I am not, however, in favour of gutting our support and their songbook because of the banning of a single word.

Because we sang it at the game we've been cited for saying '19th Century Terrorist' at is how I came to that conclusion.
Because we sang it at the game we've been cited for saying '19th Century Terrorist' at is how I came to that conclusion.
you honestly think they will drop this if we stop saying 19th Century Terrorist, they are gona be all over us like a rash,
Fine pal, you sing about the F the pope and relgious things but you are one of the half wits that is fecking us over.
It's moments like these that make me realise I have absolutely nothing in common with some Rangers fans. Not even wishing the best for the club..its truley baffeling.

This is our final chance IMO. If we as a support mess this up then he'll walk away and who would blame him really? He works tirelessly to do well in europe and now theres a chance he could be putting out a team in front of no fans or we even get kicked out. I know that is unlikely but even the thought of that must make him question the job he's doing.

If he walks away because of this then it could set us back years and years again.
It's not a could,it definitely will. As much as I hate whats going on here and the political clout that mob have at the moment,it is what it is.
For the good of the club we need to stop,but I do agree that it's time there was a fight back about the one sided events that are taking place in this country,but that's for another day.

I’d be willing to bet that the away support will belt out the billy boys early on against st mirren on Sunday as an act of defiance/stupidity.

you honestly think they will drop this if we stop saying 19th Century Terrorist, they are gona be all over us like a rash,
Fine pal, you sing about the F the pope and relgious things but you are one of the half wits that is fecking us over.
It's moments like these that make me realise I have absolutely nothing in common with some Rangers fans. Not even wishing the best for the club..its truley baffeling.
Do I have no idea how far this goes? We've been charged for saying 19th Century Terrorist. If we stop saying 19th Century Terrorist they'll either have to stop charging us or come up with another reason. Them moving the goalposts doesn't help their legitimacy.

Absolutely embarrassing having to hear our manager say this, i hope to god people listen

Judging by this site i have my doubts, grown adults arguing all night if the word 19th Century Terrorist is sectarian.

A deeply sad state of affairs amd just when our team needs our support for a huge 9 days of football coming up

I wish some people would grow up

Last edited:
I hate Gerrard saying this, it’s embarrassing. I think we need to move on and all have a fresh start. However, this forum doesn’t represent the entirety of Ibrox so it’s going to be difficult.

Good, 19th Century Terrorist isn't sectarian
Good? You not read anything the manager said nah?

Time for everyone to leave it out of the football. Doing no good for the club at all, and attitudes like this don’t help us either. The governing bodies deem it as sectarian and even though that might not be your personal view, it’s time to bite the bullet and do what’s best for the club.

We won't ever be cited for saying it but if you think it's an uncouth thing to say that's a different issue altogether. I can't see Gerrard leaving for us singing something we aren't cited for and have been singing since his first day here.
Keep fighting the good fight. It will lead us on to greater things

Do I have no idea how far this goes? We've been charged for saying 19th Century Terrorist. If we stop saying 19th Century Terrorist they'll either have to stop charging us or come up with another reason. Them moving the goalposts doesn't help their legitimacy.

19th Century Terrorists against Rangers in Europe got our fans banned after a game in Eindhoven without ever explaining what song or term they had a problem with.

The c@nts are on a mission and will always find fault with something where Rangers are concerned.

This is being set so even if we win the league we could end up banned from Europe. Imagine we win the league and the scum still end up in the CL.

We aren't playing in a UEFA competition at the weekend - %^*& them
You are a big part of the problem my friend

If you dont think the SNP and the SFA hate us enough to target us with strict lisbility in the near future youve been living under a rock

Stop embarrassing yourself, your club and Steven Gerrard with your childish nonsense

Good, 19th Century Terrorist isn't sectarian

Will you he happy when our manager and entire backroom staff leave and we are kicked out of Europe pushing back all the progress we've made in the past 5 or 6 years? All because you still want to sing a certain song?

You do realise that is how serious this is?

I know this is not the answer merely a suggestion for those fans who can’t go cold turkey, if they could clap out the add ons rather than sing the offensive lyrics.

It’s easy to do sing yer song get to the ‘bad bit’ n clap yer hands to the beat of the ‘bad bit’ instead of singing it.

I wholly agree with the manager, but, there is a much bigger game at play here. Bigger than than the manager. We are up against it, we have clear enemies, I'm not condoning the songs, but UEFA have set their stall.

I am not condoning the singing, just saying.

Were the same people offended by this?

0_SNS_19177118__Celtic_v_St_Johnstone.jpg
It’s not about being offended.
It never has been.
It’s about doing everything they can to bring Rangers down.
It’s nuisance value which has worked for them.
We could learn from them.

Are you at the wind up ? I have in my possession an original vinyl of follow follow and those words are nowhere near the song.

Are we now just to surrender our main club song because some Fannie’s sing add ons ? We’d be as well chucking it altogether if that’s the case .

ANY song could have addons added .

You know full well that isn’t the words to followfollow .

What needs to happen is the rocket of a dj to maybe get his hands on the older versions and play them instead of the newer faster megamix utter shite.

Will you he happy when our manager and entire backroom staff leave and we are kicked out of Europe pushing back all the progress we've made in the past 5 or 6 years? All because you still want to sing a certain song?

You do realise that is how serious this is?
You're right that we should stop saying 19th Century Terrorist. He's right that they are wrong to cite that. Hysterical imaginings aren't necessary.

Back